Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer questions / problems for AA queries (consolidated) now archival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2006, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold

MODERATOR NOTE: Please follow ExpertFlyer and ask questions pertinent to ExpertFlyer Availability Tool in the new Travel Tools Forum.

AA Moderator Team

N.B. An obsolete archived thread also exists here: Obsolete ExpertFlyer availability tool archival thread

We thank ExpertFlyerVoicefor providing support to this Forum.

================================================== =============

Sorry if this has been posted already. A search didn't seem to indicate that it had:

You can get 20 free queries on expertflyer.com and a 10% discount on the monthly or annual subscription by becoming a member of v-flyer.com (free), then going to their expertflyer.com forum. At the top of that forum will be a link (if you are signed in) with a username and password for free access to expertflyer.com.
Now all I need to do is figure out how to use expertflyer.com! ^

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 1, 2012 at 11:21 pm
Old May 10, 2006, 10:06 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
20 queries will last all of 1/2 a day as well.
Old May 10, 2006, 11:43 am

Thanks!
I'm booking a trip to GRU right now... That should be enough for me!
Old May 11, 2006, 4:27 pm

Why I will probably join expertflyer later today...

I just got fo the phone with 2 AAgents about a 3 leg intl award for later this year.

The first AAgent was just plain rude and actually HUNG up on me because I changed the query slightly (do their supervisors get to see this?).

The second AAgent was nice, but you could tell it was going to take forever to through all the possilbe premutations of the trip.

Then I said to myself...why not save each us a lot of time and grief and on a related note why doesn't AA give the same ExpertFlyer information to us for free....it would save AA a lot of money.
Old May 11, 2006, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP (> 2.5 MM; *Wood Gld; HHonors Gld
Well you made me very curious ... what was your question for the AA agents?
Old May 11, 2006, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by DutchMember
Well you made me very curious ... what was your question for the AA agents?
I wanted to AAwards for 5 people. After she stating there was not availability I asked to check for just one person. She rudely stated 'so is there only one person traveling now?' to which I said no, I just wanted to see if any seats were available [because sometimes we could split into two groups, buy a ticket, etc.]. The silence...the dial tone.

It just seem like a waste of their time and mine to use THEIR fingers and eyes to do transactions for ME.

AA should give this info for free even if you still have to call to book it. Would save them a lot of money.
Old May 11, 2006, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA PLT; UA Gold
Originally Posted by AAaLot
It just seem like a waste of their time and mine to use THEIR fingers and eyes to do transactions for ME.

AA should give this info for free even if you still have to call to book it. Would save them a lot of money.
I agree. This is why I was so surprised that AA was initially very hostile to ExpertFlyer.
Old May 11, 2006, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, working my way back up to AS and Marriott elite status post-baby!
Why I continue to subscribe to EF...

My husband is flying home DFW-SJC tonight and was waiting on an upgrade. The flight was showing F1 earlier this morning, but was back down to F0 at the four-hour window. I was sad that it looked like he wouldn't clear, since he's been sick most of the week and could really use the upgrade.

Lo and behold, at exactly 3 pm (for a 6:37 pm flight), I got a flight alert email from EF, indicating X was now available. I quickly resubmitted his upgrade request and was able to confirm his seat.

Without EF, I would have had no way of knowing if X inventory opened up at this "odd" time. Without EF's flight alert feature, I never would have realized that X inventory had become available -- I'm in training this week, so I'm getting email alerts, but I can't be glued to my web browser refreshing the flight availability screen every five minutes. Thanks to EF, my husband can fly home in some comfort.

The $100 for my annual premium subscription was money extremely well-spent.
Old May 11, 2006, 5:26 pm

I continue to believe that EF is worth its worth every penny ^
Old May 11, 2006, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CO Gold
Originally Posted by AAaLot
Then I said to myself...why not save each us a lot of time and grief and on a related note why doesn't AA give the same ExpertFlyer information to us for free....it would save AA a lot of money.
You can check award availability for any AA metal flight using AA.com. Check individual legs using one-way searches. Not the best interface (won't tell you exactly how many seats are available on each leg), but it is there.

If you're looking for partner awards, EF won't give availability for most of them. TN and QF. Any others? You can get access to a bunch of the Oneworld airlines through the CX and QF web sites if you sign up for membership.
Old May 11, 2006, 6:02 pm

Maybe I'm just very lucky, but the people at the Aawards desk are extremely friendly when I call and never rude.
Old May 11, 2006, 6:06 pm
Suspended

Did you guys get a survey in your email from EF recently? I did, and I gave it VERY high marks! ^
Old May 11, 2006, 6:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP (> 2.5 MM; *Wood Gld; HHonors Gld
If the AAgent hung up on you, it was certainly rude.

But as they say on FT : if you don't like the answer (or get disconnected), just call back and hope for a better AAgent.

BTW: Do you have access to the EXP desk? I have only had great experiences with the EXP AAgents. ^
Old May 11, 2006, 6:47 pm

acf573, generally yes you can check for award inventory on AA's site. However, inventory for upgrade seats in particular can't be viewed there, thus the subscription to EF, which checks these "hidden" codes.
Old May 11, 2006, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by acf573
You can check award availability for any AA metal flight using AA.com. Check individual legs using one-way searches. Not the best interface (won't tell you exactly how many seats are available on each leg), but it is there.
what a pain.
and it doesn't even work if the segments are married. A-B and B-C can be available without A-C being available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.