Wiki Posts
Search

Which schedule to believe Miami - Aruba

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, HIlton Gold
Which schedule to believe Miami - Aruba

Have an itinerary booked June 13th with Miami to Aruba as the final leg. I'm seeing three different schedules now on AA's system.

1) Original: Flight 1305 7:25pm-10:05pm. If I try to book a new ticket on aa.com it also shows this flight as current.
2) My Reservations: Flight changed warning, Flight 1305 6:00pm-8:40pm. ExpertFlyer & expedia agree with this information.
3) AA PDF schedule (2/6/12) and it shows 1305 discontinued on 2/8, new flight 1333 6:30pm-9:05pm. Hope this one sticks as it doesn't cause a misconnect.

Obviously the left hand and right hand of AA don't know what they are doing, but I don't think I have ever seen three different potential times. I don't think calling a res agent will help as who knows if their data will be current. I will probably just wait a couple weeks and check again as the flight isn't until June.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Between choices 1, 2 and 3, only choice 2 is in real-time. Choice 1 is obviously obsolete, and choice 3 has a time-lag as well (14 days by what you typed).

Nothing weird here, and there's nothing in this pointing to "the left hand and right hand of AA not knowing what they are doing": it's just the regular fluidity of schedules!
Old Feb 20, 2012, 7:07 pm

I had the same thing happen recently. I checked the status of my flight and there was a change. But when I searched for a new reservation, the old times were listed. This changed a day later as the flight search feature caught up to what my reservation said. So I think it will work out shortly and what is on your itinerary will become accurate.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, HIlton Gold
Originally Posted by hillrider
Between choices 1, 2 and 3, only choice 2 is in real-time. Choice 1 is obviously obsolete, and choice 3 has a time-lag as well (14 days by what you typed).

Nothing weird here, and there's nothing in this pointing to "the left hand and right hand of AA not knowing what they are doing": it's just the regular fluidity of schedules!
Have to say, I am a software engineer and I work with banks (transaction processing systems). #1 is real time - aa.com is still booking this flight. Left hand (aa.com new reservations) does not know what the right hand (aa.com "my reservations") is doing.

As I said, I'm sure it will work out. If anything I think I posted the thread to see how many times experienced flyers have seen this in the past with AA. I know they have the oldest system out there and this is a sign of it.

EDIT: Right after posting this I checked and aa.com new reservations has caught up with "my reservations". You can no longer book the discontinued flight time, bummer for me as that causes a disconnect. Took about 48 hours for AA to sync the databases - and the weird thing about this legacy system is 3rd party sites (expedia, expertflyer) all had the correct information before aa.com's own reservation system.

Last edited by gcsmith; Feb 20, 2012 at 10:39 pm Reason: AA website updated

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.