Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AAMRQ: TPG, US Airways (LCC) and Delta (DAL) consider bids for AMR Corp-- WSJ ($0.36)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AAMRQ: TPG, US Airways (LCC) and Delta (DAL) consider bids for AMR Corp-- WSJ ($0.36)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2012, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
The only way US Air will merge with AA is if US Air bondholders, who know their bonds are highly likely to be nonredeemable over the long haul, decide to pony up new cash to get AA, so they can exit the US Air holdings and make someone else the bag-holder US Air bondholders are now. US Air has a negative net-worth using GAAP. In today's current economic climate, very tough to find new bag-holders with deep pockets. It can be done and deals like this have been done in the past, but very unlikely, especially in today's business climate.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:49 pm

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
IF US were to merge with AA, the chances of the combined entity remaining in OW are fairly high in my estimation. Given the UA/CO combination, its status as the largest North American carrier, and its prominent membership in *A, US has effectively become a *A 'orphan' in North America. It would make absolutely no sense (and would possibly not pass antitrust muster) for a combined US/AA to join *A.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 10:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Hyperacusis
IF US were to merge with AA, the chances of the combined entity remaining in OW are fairly high in my estimation. Given the UA/CO combination, its status as the largest North American carrier, and its prominent membership in *A, US has effectively become a *A 'orphan' in North America. It would make absolutely no sense (and would possibly not pass antitrust muster) for a combined US/AA to join *A.
I think OW would be guaranteed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.