Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2012 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2012, 12:47 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
Imaginative description

I hated the Greek salad, but the chicken was good. Although, I couldn't see or taste any basil or oregano. All I tasted was garlic
That greek salad I'm also not a fan, i prefer that much simpler casear salad if you ask me.
i don't remember, i saw basil, oregano and some chives I think?
Old Jan 10, 2012, 12:48 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
AA 556
San Francisco to Chicago O’Hare (SFO-ORD)
Jan 2012
First Class

Snack/Brunch

To start
Warm Mixed Nuts

Sides
Pita chips with hummus is served with the Chicken Club Salad
A bag of Mrs Vickies Chips is served with the Cheeseburger

Main Course
Chicken Club Salad
Grilled Chicken on Mixed Greens served with sliced tomatoes, grated cheese and Creamy Cilantro dressing

Or Cheeseburger
Juicy beef patty burger served with lettuce, tomatoes and pickles with condiments of mustard, mayonnaise and ketchup.

Dessert
Freshly baked on board cookies (Chocolate Chip)
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:26 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
Herb Crested Chicken
Basil and Oregano crested baked chicken with alfredo sauce served with Sweet Potatoes and Snow Peas
Had that this afternoon ORD-SFO. More meal photos linked below.

Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by econometrics
Chicken and cheese enchiladas - black beans, rice
I wonder if they left the chicken out of mine today as all I remember is lots of cheese. This is my favorite AA lunch item over the last year.

Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:25 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, Delta Platinum Medallion,AMEX Plat,Hyatt GP Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by tom911
Here's the salmon salad:
^ My girlfriend had the salmon salad on our last SFO-ORD MR and pronounced it one of the best meals on American that she has had in a long time - very fresh and tasty! I think the fact that it was the last salad available added to her satisfaction.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:26 am

I wonder if they left the chicken out of mine today as all I remember is lots of cheese. This is my favorite AA lunch item over the last year.
Looks like the 3 cheese enchilada. I can't recall having chicken in it.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Hey Tom its a Cheese enchilada so not chicken in it. BTW, I never had a chicken enchilada on AA before, for what it's worth this is my fave lunch/snack on any airline hands down, just wish it was a little more spicy..

Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
+1, very tasty!

Originally Posted by WChou
Looks like the 3 cheese enchilada. I can't recall having chicken in it.
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Hey Tom its a Cheese enchilada so not chicken in it. BTW, I never had a chicken enchilada on AA before, for what it's worth this is my fave lunch/snack on any airline hands down, just wish it was a little more spicy..
+1 on more spicy. The hummus they served the other day was actually pretty spicy. It was not the red pepper kind, either.

Also, it's very possible this was only a cheese enchilada. I do remember the FA telling me it was a "Chicken and cheese enchilada", however. But, like tom911 said, I don't remember biting into anything and thinking "Wow, that was a NICE, big piece of chicken!"
Old Jan 11, 2012, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by Pueo1
^ My girlfriend had the salmon salad on our last SFO-ORD MR and pronounced it one of the best meals on American that she has had in a long time - very fresh and tasty! I think the fact that it was the last salad available added to her satisfaction.
AA does particularly well with salads that accompany meals to Europe in business, too. They tend to be on the large side and would probably be enough for a full meal for those with less of an appetite.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by econometrics
Also, it's very possible this was only a cheese enchilada. I do remember the FA telling me it was a "Chicken and cheese enchilada", however. But, like tom911 said, I don't remember biting into anything and thinking "Wow, that was a NICE, big piece of chicken!"
Now, if we only had menus I remember having a vegetable side on a Europe flight last year that I didn't recognize, though someone told me what it was after I posted a photo.

We had some extra passengers on my flight last night: three trays of live mice loaded in the cargo hold just below my seat. Had to take a second look when I saw them all running around having a grand time as they headed up the belt to the cargo hold.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 3:43 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP
Originally Posted by demkr
AA5
DFW-HNL
01/08/12
Hawaiian Flagship F Class
Lunch/Arrival Snack

To start

Tropical mixed nuts

http://i39.tinypic.com/20s9f86.jpg

Appetizer

Seaweed salad with choice of miso cilantro or italian vinagrette dressing

Choice of King's Hawaiian, whole wheat or sourdough rolls with sweet butter

http://i39.tinypic.com/mbimok.jpg

Lunch Entree

Choice of Wasabi Salmon with asparagus or Stuffed Pasta shells

http://i39.tinypic.com/21niezp.jpg

Dessert

Choice of Ice cream sundae with mango, strawberry, and hot sauce toppings, along with whipped cream & pistachio nuts

or

Small Fruit & Cheese Plate

http://i40.tinypic.com/2rmvz3q.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/8ytm55.jpg

Prior to Arrival
An "upgraded" fruit & cheese plate featuring a pear instead of grapes, along with crackers and fine cheeses

http://i41.tinypic.com/r2n88i.jpg
It's interesting they served you champagne out of the real glass in HFS F rather than the typical domestic F wine glass. I thought those champagne glasses were only used on 777 Int'l F and 757/767 Int'l J flights.

I wish AA would upgrade the second service on flights from DFW/ORD to HNL. In comparison, HNL to DFW/ORD has a full dinner service and then a breakfast tray prior to landing. If they could make the second service more substantial prior to landing in Hawaii to include the fruit/cheese and some sort of salad or fruit or biscuit, or at least a cookie, that would be a lot better. Maybe even warm nuts.

HIEXP
Old Jan 11, 2012, 3:50 pm

AA 554
San Francisco to Chicago O’Hare (SFO-ORD)
Jan 2012
First Class

Snack/Brunch

To start
Warm Mixed Nuts

Sides
Pita chips with hummus is served with the Chicken Club Salad
A bag of Mrs Vickies Chips is served with the Cheeseburger

Main Course
Chicken Fajita Salad
Grilled Chicken on Mixed Greens served with sliced tomatoes, grated cheese, black olives, tortilla chips on Creamy Cilantro dressing

Or Cheeseburger
Juicy beef patty burger served with lettuce, tomatoes and pickles with condiments of mustard, mayonnaise and ketchup.

Dessert
Freshly baked on board cookies (Chocolate Chip)
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
AA19 JFK-LAX J January 2012

(with a new menu design printed on papar that "is made with wind power, is elemental chlorine free, and is Green-e Certified." For what it's worth, similar in style and texture to the menus used three changes ago in the early 2000s thru mid-2003).

Lunch

To Start
Warm mixed nuts

Salad
Fresh seasonal greens offered with classic Caesar dressing or premium extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Bread Basket
Assorted gourmet breads

Main Course

Chicken Pot Pie
A baked savory chicken pot pie with gravy, potatoes, carrots, green beans and peas in a delicate crust
An American Classics item

Lemon Dill Salmon
Grilled salmon enhanced by lemon dill sauce, served with baby fennel, broccoli and buttered new potatoes

Dessert

Ice Cream
Ben & Jerry's Vanilla Heath Bar Crunch with cocoa dusted almonds

Fruit and Cheese
A selection of seasonal fruit and fine cheeses

Light refreshment
Freshly baked on board cookies

Pre-Arrival Beverage
Chilled sparkling or still water with a fresh citrus garnish

Wine List

Sparkling Wine
Gloria Ferrer Sonoma Carneros Brut

White Wines
Thatcher Creek Chardonnay
Line 39 Sauvignon Blanc

Red Wines
Wente Vineyards Shorthorn Canyon Syrah
181 Merlot

1/12
3Cls, Business, Lunch-Snack
73PM013 73PM004 203C002-3A 3
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:17 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Hi. I am on AA 2433 (F Cabin) on 1/12: DFW-LAX Lunch.

Does anyone know what the westbound lunch choices are in F?

Thanks.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:59 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Originally Posted by freeupgrade
Hi. I am on AA 2433 (F Cabin) on 1/12: DFW-LAX Lunch.

Does anyone know what the westbound lunch choices are in F?

Thanks.
If it is the same as ORD-LAX, it will be the Salmon Mandarin Salad or Adobo Chicken Sandwich.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.