Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2012 AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2012, 6:39 am

Programs: AA LT G (1MM);DL G, UA GM
Originally Posted by ESpen36
FRA-DFW
February 2012

(probably same menu for other 2-class J services ex-Europe)

To Start
Warm mixed nuts
or
Marinated cheese antipasto

Appetizer
Roast beef and mozzarella cheese served with pesto sauce and grilled vegetables

Salad
Fresh seasonal greens and an assortment of fresh vegetables offered with creamy blue cheese dressing or premium extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Bread Basket
Assorted gourmet breads

Main Course

Chateaubriand with Mushroom Sauce
Seared fillet of beef served with porcini mushroom sauce, grilled vegetables and potatoes au gratin

Shrimp and Scallop Provençal
Shrimp and scallops with Provençal sauce accompanied by lemon tarragon rice and zucchini and eggplant tapenade roll

Foie Gras Stuffed Chicken
Breast of chicken stuffed with duck foie gras, offered with black peppercorn sauce, buttered haricots verts and wild rice with pecans

Pecorino Gnocchi
Gnocchi stuffed with a rich pecorino cream filling

Dine Upon Request®
You may choose one of the featured entreés to be served with an appetizer and dessert, presented all at once, at any time you wish.

Dessert

Ice Cream Sundae
Ben & Jerry's Vanilla ice cream with a choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and pecans

Fruit and Cheese
A selection of gourmet cheeses offered with fresh seasonal fruit and assorted rackers

Mid-Flight Snack

Fruit and Cheese
A selection of gourmet cheeses offered with fresh seasonal fruit and assorted crackers

Snacks
Assorted snack items are also available

Light Meal
A light meal offered prior to landing

Select From

Uno's Farmer's Market Pizza
A Chicago-style deep dish pizza topped with mixed vegetables and a three cheese blend, served with basil pesto and a fresh green salad

Gourmet Salad
Fresh seasonal greens topped with grilled chicken and sliced beef, asparagus, tomatoes and Brie, offered with balsamic tomato vinaigrette

Dessert
Fresh fruit or cookies, freshly baked on board

Pre-Arrival Beverage

For Your Enjoyment
Chilled sparkling or still water with a fresh citrus garnish [not offered]

2/12 2Cls, Business, FRA-US, Lunch/Dinner - Snack
This was the menu CDG-JFK yesterday. Light beige (they didn't look gray by the reading light) napkins instead of navy blue. I found the roast beef mozzarella appetizer less, um, appetizing than the shrimp-smoked salmon starter. Salad had less variety than previous versions--no artichokes, olives, etc., only grated carrots and cooked broccoli to vary the mixed greens. Chateaubriand was very good -- FA served it rare, as requested. The whole plate could have been warmer, though. Potatoes were luke-warm. And the red wine was too cold to taste.

Originally Posted by Blueboys999
Had it last week - the word I would use to describe it is 'dry'. The rice was tasty enough but my chicken was barely warm and the whole thing needed a lot more sauce that I had on my plate.
That's why I chose the beef -- the dish sounded good but I feared the execution.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 7:35 am

will post menu later... but from JFK-ZRH last evening had a great chicken disu call ADOBO chicken by Richard Sandoval.. it was a great , juicy breast of chicken served with achiote truffle sauce, vanilla scented corn and scallions.. Truly one of the best dishes in flight in a long time.. Many around me agreed.. The service was spectacular in the business class cabin as well...
Old Feb 10, 2012, 1:50 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The ZRH caterers seem to be at the top of their game - I have had some really good meals out of Zurich, including a memorable rack of lamb a couple of times.

Adobo is a originally Spanish cuisine (marinade, usually including vinegar and paprika,) and these days perhaps most associated with Filipino cuisine. Achiote (annatto) is used commonly in S.E. Mexico, particularly the Yucatán peninsula, where in Mayan cuisine you run into tikin xic (teekeen sheek) fish and chicken adobos, and in cochinita pibil, for example. AA is definitely looking farther afield for some of its inspiration. ^
Old Feb 11, 2012, 9:16 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
AA 64
New York Kennedy to Zurich (JFK-ZRH)
Economy Class
Feb 2012

Dinner

To start
Nuts and Pretzel Mix
Cheese and Cracker
Sesame Bun

Salad
Side Green Salad with carrot shavings on olive oil and vinegar dressing

Main Course
Tomato Ravioli
Stuffed Cheese Ravioli served on tomato sauce with melted grated cheese

Wasabi Beef
Wasabi and Soy Sauce based Stir Fried Beef with served with White Rice and green beans

Dessert
Double Chocolate Crunch Brownie
Rich Chocolate Brownie with Nut Shavings

AA 64
New York Kennedy to Zurich (JFK-ZRH)
Economy Class
Feb 2012

Continental Breakfast

Juice
Minute Maid Concentrate Orange Juice
Additional Drink Cart Service

Breads
Warmed Croissant served with Strawberry Jam and butter

Last edited by Short hair Francis; Feb 18, 2012 at 8:19 am
Old Feb 11, 2012, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by RTW4
will post menu later... but from JFK-ZRH last evening had a great chicken disu call ADOBO chicken by Richard Sandoval.. it was a great , juicy breast of chicken served with achiote truffle sauce, vanilla scented corn and scallions.. Truly one of the best dishes in flight in a long time.. Many around me agreed.. The service was spectacular in the business class cabin as well...

I had the Adobo Chicken on DFW-FRA last weekend, and it was DELICIOUS! I agree--one of the best long-haul J meals in a long time!
Old Feb 12, 2012, 12:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Here's an interesting video of the galley on an international overnight flight (Brasil - USA) on youtube: <link>. A little behind-the-scenes for Business class galley.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 1:04 pm

LAX-PVG question
Anyone experienced the J menu on AA 183 LAX-PVG yet this year? Any significant changes from last years offerings?
Old Feb 12, 2012, 9:01 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
Originally Posted by Tpttraveller
LAX-PVG question
Anyone experienced the J menu on AA 183 LAX-PVG yet this year? Any significant changes from last years offerings?
I have, last month, LAX-PVG and PVG-ORD, and I found it pretty similar to J menu to/from Europe. I am vague as I did not take the menus with me:

Appetizer had a distinctive Chinese flavor, some cold pork and drunken shrimp, very good, same both ways. Entrees were unremarkable going over. On the way back, the sweet and sour pork was excellent. Main difference is a mid-course snack which I did not have either way as I was sleeping, noodles or some such thing. Cheese plates were available throughout the flights, but the junk food items were few and poor. On the way back, the 3rd and last meal was a complete breakfast identical to the long European flights.
The champagne was exceptionally good and not as per menu which lists the new systemwide brand. On one of the flights (I do not remember which), I had a glass of red wine with a cheese plate and it was undrinkable. Very nicely, FA took it back and brought me one from FC which was much better.

Contrary to Japanese flights, there is no dedicated Asian meal, just Asian dishes scattered on the main menu. These are far better States bound than China bound, and it makes sense.

Altogether, decent if not Singapore Airlines.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by flyldavid
AA 941
MIA - SAP (San Pedro Sula, Honduras)
January 13, 2012
Dep: 12:15pm - Arr: 1:35pm
737-800
Lunch

Pre-meal beverage and warm mixed nuts:

Lunch, choice of chicken*:

or fish.

*I was on seat 5F. I figured I would have a meal choice being on the second row to last. The FA started the service from front to back, not following FEBO. When she got to my seat, she had the tray with the chicken option and said that was all that was left for the entire last two rows.

The salad plate is much larger than the entree plate, and it looks kind of funny when it's served side by side. I haven't flown AA on these routes before. Are supposed to serve the salad and come later with the entree? or is typical for them to serve everything on one drop?
Odd, seems that ramekins weren't loaded on your flight.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
MAD-JFK AA 95 J class

Feb 2012
Cheese starter was an absolutely delicious feta. Roast beef on appetizer plate was dried out, mozzerella was tough. Chateabriand was an excellent cut of beef. Unfortunately, main course was not hot enough, but it was delicious. Ice cream sundae was -- you guessed it -- fabulous as always!
Old Feb 14, 2012, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tpttraveller
LAX-PVG question
I flew LAX to PVG two weeks ago and wrote a trip report with the menu and pictures of the food here.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 2:59 pm

Thanks guys for the replies. Looks like basically the same menu/service as last couple of years on the US- PVG route. I have had the adobo chicken 2nd snack and it has always been a great change from the pizza!!

Thank for the report
Old Feb 15, 2012, 6:03 am

AA 90. Day Flight ORD / LHR Proper Lunch in J ?

Hi all,

I am using for the first time AA 90, the daytime flight from Chcago to London, in J.

Do they serve a complete lunch or just a breakfast and a snack ? I'd much prefer a snack-like breakfast and a real lunch, but I do not anticipate it.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 9:46 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Originally Posted by gwade
Foie Gras Stuffed Chicken
Breast of chicken stuffed with duck foie gras, offered with black peppercorn sauce, buttered haricots verts and wild rice with pecans

Anyone tried this? I'm on FRA-DFW later this month and it certainly sounds good, and quite a bit upscale from previous menus.
Originally Posted by Blueboys999
Had it last week - the word I would use to describe it is 'dry'. The rice was tasty enough but my chicken was barely warm and the whole thing needed a lot more sauce that I had on my plate.
I was going to suggest the foie gras was overcooked but dry is a very distinct description that is 100% on the mark.

I would not take it as a 1st choice a 2nd time.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by magic111
I was going to suggest the foie gras was overcooked but dry is a very distinct description that is 100% on the mark.

I would not take it as a 1st choice a 2nd time.
I'll second that and add "Chalky". Overcooked Foie Gras can really taste dry and cardboardy. BTW the only flights I have that choice are out of CDG and BUD, two areas where Foie Gras is popular . I am not sure the other European stations offer it.

Anybody has an answer to my question about J meal service on ORD / LHR day flight ? (see above...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.