Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Please Help Me Be the Grand Prize Winner of the 2011 Road Warrior Competition

Please Help Me Be the Grand Prize Winner of the 2011 Road Warrior Competition

Old Nov 30, 2011, 8:29 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by Blue925
I am more than happy to create my own thread, but probably for the SWU rules it is easier to merge the two. In any case...I would love it if anyone who hasn't yet voted would vote for me. --Claire Luna
http://hub.aa.com/en/finalists?zonem...xzz-item-30384
What does an AA SWU have to do with the FT forum rules or vice versa?
Old Nov 30, 2011, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, AC Member, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Voted
Old Dec 12, 2011, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by JDiver;17372834[SIZE="3"
======================MODERATOR NOTE=====================

Here's the deal: Anyone who votes (for any of the five challengers) and posts they have voted (we don't care who you voted for, technically, though if your preference is the ice cream sundae on AA we already know ) will be entered into a random drawing for two SWUs expiring 29 February 2012.
Any update on the SWU giveaway? They aren't getting any less expiry.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 11:40 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
I was in Hawai'i - so we'll do the selection this week, and unfortunately announce some bad news - no SWUs good through 29 Feb 2012; the two SWus are good through 28 Feb 2013, so there's not such a hurry as some may think.

Originally Posted by IkeEsq
Any update on the SWU giveaway? They aren't getting any less expiry.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Silver
I voted soon after the OP's post. Good Luck!
Old Dec 13, 2011, 11:04 am

And da winnah is... ExpatExp!

(Winner of two SWUs expiring 28 Feb 2013 was selected by using Random.org randomizer, entering range of posts, checking to see post / poster voted...)

I expect the winner will abide by AA TOS / CoC (I would not, for example, provide them to be attached to the itinerary of someone the winner sold the SWUs to on craigslist, etc. jeopardizing my AAdvantage status, and that I will not pay any due fees or taxes, such as UK APD; the "prize" is merely, only and strictly two Systemwide upgrades.

Just to let everyone know what it is, what it isn't, in case questions arise by those who did not win...

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 13, 2011 at 11:21 am Reason: add footnote
Old Dec 13, 2011, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Fantastic! Thank you! Do I get to make a speech? How long do I have until the music starts playing and cuts me off?

Am here in a rather dull meeting room at the Hyatt Regency in Honolulu, hoping that this conference will end early so I can go to the beach, especially since it's back to cold and rainy London tomorrow. So this news is a nice start to my morning indeed!

Thank you again, and best of luck to all the Road Warrior candidates. I look forward to learning the results on March 15th
Old Dec 13, 2011, 1:29 pm

Any "speech" is limited by how long a post you can make and whether it is on topic. Congratulations!
Old Dec 19, 2011, 3:56 pm
nhg
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3.8MM, 2012 AA Road Warrior
Thank you JDiver and congrats ExpatExp. And thank you to everybody that voted.

While the kind folks of AA have notified us of how we placed in the contest, we're not at liberty to say what those places are until the Road Warrior issue of American Way is published on March 15. I can however say that no FTer placed worse than 3rd place. Of course, three people were in 3rd, so none of the contestants placed worse than 3rd.

Originally Posted by JDiver
Any "speech" is limited by how long a post you can make and whether it is on topic. Congratulations!
Old Dec 21, 2011, 3:59 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by nhg

While the kind folks of AA have notified us of how we placed in the contest, we're not at liberty to say what those places are until the Road Warrior issue of American Way is published on March 15. I can however say that no FTer placed worse than 3rd place. Of course, three people were in 3rd, so none of the contestants placed worse than 3rd.
Fingers crossed!
Old Dec 21, 2011, 4:04 pm

So, now we learn how to spell "e-m-b-a-r-g-o" and dream of a clean sweep.

Originally Posted by nhg

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.