Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

DEQ11: Double EQM/RDM for DFW/ORD-LAX/SFO or ORD-SNA (TX, IL, CA members) EXT TO 6/30

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEQ11: Double EQM/RDM for DFW/ORD-LAX/SFO or ORD-SNA (TX, IL, CA members) EXT TO 6/30

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2011, 8:59 am

Programs: LT Gold/BA Executive Club/AS MP/Marriott
Originally Posted by DELANRDFW
Great AA....while I sit in DFW for my long MR to Amman, but I can always requalify for 2013 begining 1/1/12.

I love me some SFO.

Good promo.
Being in the Bay Area, I love it as even though it doesn't help on the "Million Mile" end, it does help for re-qualifying for2013....^

Originally Posted by brp
I disagree. OK, so I'm in on this one being in the Bay Area. But there were a number of offers for NYC-area folks. Didn't bother me. Making things a little easier for them with some promotions doesn't make things any harder for me. I still do what I do. And, no, it's not going to swell the numbers. So, why be ticked because someone else got something you didn't?

Cheers.
I agree. ^

Of note, maybe AA is losing pax in the Bay Area but having flown on 4 round-trips the past 2-3 weeks, all the flights I've been on have been 95% full..most actually 100% filled. Now I can't say anything about yields however.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 9:13 am

Programs: Too Many to Count
Don't understand why people are ticked off. Virtually every single big retail or service company in the world uses targeting marketing and promotions are part of their business strategy.

I'm a little surprised at the promotion window, though. This is great news for customers in 3 of AA's hubs.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 9:13 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, AA EXP
Originally Posted by igopogo
Read carefully:

Reservation must be booked on or after October 27, 2011, to be eligible.
I knew I was missing something. So is it eligible if you book a flight first and then register after?
Old Oct 28, 2011, 9:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
100% bonus miles

If you are already a platinum do you get the 100% bonus miles on the double miles or just the miles flown?
Old Oct 28, 2011, 9:43 am
LRD
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Texasg11
If you are already a platinum do you get the 100% bonus miles on the double miles or just the miles flown?
From the T&Cs...
... and double flight miles will be calculated at 100% of the base miles earned ...
Old Oct 28, 2011, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
So many posts about corner cases... We will know when it does/doesn't happen. AA has been pretty bad about not following their own rules. Mostly from not double checking the IT implementation. From promos past there have been many examples where CS said no yet the trip did qualify.

Just this last promo, I had a r/t where the return was outside the qualifying dates yet the outbound got the bonus when it shouldn't have. Those with fights already booked may be surprised when their bonus does post. Any bets?

Personally, I'm a first time EXP and won't be qualifying (even for PLT) for next year so will be PLT with the soft landing. Might shoot for EXP year after if enough early flights.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 10:13 am

I agree. I was saying that the offer is already so good that asking for more, such as letting travel booked before the 27th count, is looking the gift horse in the mouth.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 10:48 am

Programs: Back to AA EXP for 2018 after 1 year on worthless Plat Pro
SFO based ExPlats and Double Miles

A couple of points/questions:

1. I agree with BRP. There aren't that many EXP's in the Bay Area. Everyone I know is a United 1K because of their massive flight network from a large SFO hub. You have to be really into dedicated to AA and into "connecting" to stay with American as a premium FF from here. Of course, DFW is an entirely different animal with thousands of EXPs.

2. Any guesses (BRP / SFO777) how many EXPs there are in the Bay Area? By definition, they have to be "active" (consistently hitting 100k BIS miles each year). My guess is 500-1000 max.

3. Two weeks ago, I booked an SFO-DFW trip for Nov 1. It sounds like I will need to REBOOK with a revised 6 letter record locator to qualify. Correct?

4. If I book 2 SFO-ORD-DCA trips, and the connector from ORD - DCA is a "plane change/diff flight number", will I get DEQM for the SFO-ORD legs? Thanks.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 10:50 am

Programs: AA GLD 1MM DL PLT
Originally Posted by Xero
I knew I was missing something. So is it eligible if you book a flight first and then register after?
Probably, but why tempt fate?
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:58 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold; Hilton Diamond; National C ar Executive Elite
Originally Posted by myefre
From your link:

Dates:
Book your trip and fly between October 27, 2011, and March 31, 2012
What if I read the t&c's like this:

[Book your trip] and [fly between October 27, 2011, and March 31, 2012]

Doesn't that mean the date boundary only refers to your travel dates, not booking dates?

This will be my argument when I decide to not rebook at still get my DEQMs
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SuperBuck27
2. Any guesses (BRP / SFO777) how many EXPs there are in the Bay Area? By definition, they have to be "active" (consistently hitting 100k BIS miles each year). My guess is 500-1000 max.
Good question. But I would think it would be a lot more considering there are still 30-32 daily SFO departures and another 15 or so SJC. Plus our typical segments (ORD, DFW, MIA, JFK) are a lot longer than most of the rest of the country.

3. Two weeks ago, I booked an SFO-DFW trip for Nov 1. It sounds like I will need to REBOOK with a revised 6 letter record locator to qualify. Correct?
Yes if you booked prior to 10/27

4. If I book 2 SFO-ORD-DCA trips, and the connector from ORD - DCA is a "plane change/diff flight number", will I get DEQM for the SFO-ORD legs?
Yes.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Hotel_junkie
What if I read the t&c's like this:
[Book your trip] and [fly between October 27, 2011, and March 31, 2012]
Doesn't that mean the date boundary only refers to your travel dates, not booking dates?
This will be my argument when I decide to not rebook at still get my DEQMs
But reading further into the T&Cs, it says "Reservation must be booked on or after October 27, 2011, to be eligible." Seems pretty clear to me. Unfortunately.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 12:00 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold; Hilton Diamond; National C ar Executive Elite
Originally Posted by RogerD408
So many posts about corner cases... We will know when it does/doesn't happen. AA has been pretty bad about not following their own rules. Mostly from not double checking the IT implementation. From promos past there have been many examples where CS said no yet the trip did qualify.

Just this last promo, I had a r/t where the return was outside the qualifying dates yet the outbound got the bonus when it shouldn't have. Those with fights already booked may be surprised when their bonus does post. Any bets?

Personally, I'm a first time EXP and won't be qualifying (even for PLT) for next year so will be PLT with the soft landing. Might shoot for EXP year after if enough early flights.
I agree ^
It seems hit or miss with the actual posting of DEQMs. I'm hoping that will be the case this time and that it works in my favor.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by Texasg11
I flew a number of these last time the promo ran, and they basically just double the EQMs.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 12:26 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Snow Goose
Seriously, anyone who lives outside of the targeted area has every right to be ticked. On the other hand, perhaps a relocating will solve the issue.
Or you should just write some letters encouraging Virgin America to fly to their local airports. Both DFW and ORD are new routes for them this last year. I'm wondering what their next destination is going to be from SFO/LAX. No doubt more promos ahead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.