Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

DEQ11: Double EQM/RDM for DFW/ORD-LAX/SFO or ORD-SNA (TX, IL, CA members) EXT TO 6/30

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEQ11: Double EQM/RDM for DFW/ORD-LAX/SFO or ORD-SNA (TX, IL, CA members) EXT TO 6/30

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2011, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mathlete
Which do you think is more likely, someone at AA web services is playing a very well designed prank on us, or that the agents just haven't been informed of this JUST announced promotion?
I was sent back to AA CS and she said that she can see what promotions are current and what will happen the rest of the year and this was not a part of it.

She had also mentioned that no such email went out based upon her database of promotions.

Res nor CS (2 agents each) could find anything on this. If anyone else has any success, please let us know!
Old Oct 27, 2011, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, TSA Disparager Gold, going for Platnium
well i have screen captures of the offer and it taking the registration. CYA a CYA!
Old Oct 27, 2011, 2:20 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by 1pRoscoe
There is no such promotion, after speaking to 4 different people.
So why do you think AA would send it out on Deal Finder and include a registration code? Dates seems pretty clear to me and I got the alert when it came out. Did you receive it?

I bet if you call back in a few hours, after agents have had a chance to read their e-mail, they'll be up to speed. I can't recall AA ever withdrawing an offer they sent out.

She had also mentioned that no such email went out based upon her database of promotions.
Could be because it was not sent out as an e-mail.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tom911
I bet if you call back in a few hours, after agents have had a chance to read their e-mail, they'll be up to speed. I can't recall AA ever withdrawing an offer they sent out.
That was my thought as well. A bit premature.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 2:26 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, former AA EXP, AS Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Plat.
Valid for CA, IL and TX members only

It is noted in the thread title but worth repeating that this AA EQM bonus offer is only open to AAdvantage members living in CA, TX, and IL, as stated in the offer conditions:

Note: This offer is valid only for AAdvantage members with an address on file with AAdvantage Marketing programs in California, Illinois or Texas.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by LRD
Award: Double Elite-Status Qualifying Miles Double Flight Miles

Bonus Code: DEQ11
Register today by selecting the red "REGISTER" button below.

Dates: Book your trip and fly between October 27, 2011, and March 31, 2012

Offer: Reach AAdvantage elite status faster than ever with this offer and add to your mileage balance at the same time! Just book a round-trip ticket and fly on American Airlines between Chicago O'Hare or DFW and Los Angeles or San Francisco from October 27, 2011, through March 31, 2012. You'll earn double flight miles AND double elite-qualifying miles, the miles that bring you closer to AAdvantage elite status membership - at an accelerated rate.

Link to aa.com.
This just made my day ... plan on traveling to LA plenty in Q1, 2012 anyway .... NICE !!!
Old Oct 27, 2011, 2:30 pm

If I already have such a reservation booked a few weeks back, is there anything I can do to get it to count -- short of canceling and rebooking? Maybe change a return?
Old Oct 27, 2011, 2:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, AA EXP
I was sent back to AA CS and she said that she can see what promotions are current and what will happen the rest of the year and this was not a part of it.

Res nor CS (2 agents each) could find anything on this. If anyone else has any success, please let us know!
And you can never say "it's on the website" because their computers do not have internet access, even if it's AA.com.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 2:34 pm

Programs: 2MM, EXP
According to @AmericanAir

Originally Posted by nall
If I already have such a reservation booked a few weeks back, is there anything I can do to get it to count -- short of canceling and rebooking? Maybe change a return?
I asked the same question. Need original booking to take place from today on; doesn't apply to previously purchased tickets for flights during qualifying period.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 2:38 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by mathlete
I think chances are slim you'll get the double miles for it, but best of luck.
And that would be because:
Reservation must be booked on or after October 27, 2011, to be eligible.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Does anyone think this offer is in any way good for AA?

Given the promotion eligible routes and timing of the promotion, this is unlikely to produce an increase in AA's revenues for 2012. Even if there was a marginal increase in revenues as a result it would be overshadowed by the direct and indirect costs of the promotion.

The double miles aspect will be a major blow to the AA balance sheet, it will be billions of extra AA miles! Those miles are more likely than most to be used on high cost redemptions, since those registered for the promotion tend to understand the value of a mile better than the average customer.

It will likely produce hundreds of thousands of additional transferable SWUs. A sizable portion of those will be used in place of a paid premium seat. Furthermore the residency restrictions exclude and irritate half of AA's well informed customer base, probably including half of their best customers.

I know the theory is that those ineligible will never know what they are missing out on, but dealfinder showed me the promotion too, and my address is definitely ineligible.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, EBS GLD, A|Club PLT, CC Silver, HH GLD
I totally get this once for people in these areas but twice this year is junk. I guess I am changing my home address.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Ambraciot
The double miles aspect will be a major blow to the AA balance sheet, it will be billions of extra AA miles!
Okay, really now, how many people do you think take advantage of these?
Old Oct 27, 2011, 2:57 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA PLT, ICH Plat
HOLD THE PARTY

BONUS EQM earned in 2011 WILL COUNT FOR 2012
BONUS EQM earned in 2012 WILL COUNT FOR 2013

Terms and Conditions:
Offer only applies to AAdvantage members with an address on file with AAdvantage Marketing Programs in California, Illinois or Texas. AAdvantage promotion is valid for round-trip travel on purchased, published fare tickets on American Airlines marketed and operated nonstop flights between Chicago (ORD) or Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) and Los Angeles (LAX) or San Francisco (SFO) from October 27, 2011 through March 31, 2012. A round trip is defined as two one-way trips booked in a single reservation under one ticket number. Reservations containing open jaws are eligible. A maximum of one round trip is permitted per reservation. Reservation must be booked on or after October 27, 2011, to be eligible. Bonus elite qualifying miles earned in conjunction with flight activity during 2011 will count towards your 2012 membership year; bonus elite qualifying miles earned in conjunction with flight activity during 2012 will count toward your 2013 membership year. This offer does not increment the member's elite qualifying points or segments. Double elite-qualifying miles and double flight miles will be calculated at 100% of the base miles earned for the flights between Chicago or DFW and Los Angeles or between Chicago or DFW and San Francisco only. Promotional miles associated with this offer will be posted to the account of the traveling AAdvantage member within 6-8 weeks after qualifying activity posts to your account. Promotion does not apply to travel on mileage award tickets or fares that are ineligible for AAdvantage mileage accrual. Flights operated by our codeshare partners or oneworld alliance carriers are not eligible for this promotion. This offer cannot be combined with other AAdvantage promotions. Registration prior to travel is required.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA, HH & Marriott
It's time to move!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.