Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

DEQ11: Double EQM/RDM for DFW/ORD-LAX/SFO or ORD-SNA (TX, IL, CA members) EXT TO 6/30

DEQ11: Double EQM/RDM for DFW/ORD-LAX/SFO or ORD-SNA (TX, IL, CA members) EXT TO 6/30

Old Nov 1, 2011, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by BlissWorld
Does anyone know if connection traffic LAX-DFW/ORD-xxx's LAX-DFW/ORD portion would double this time just like they have in the past?
I don't think so, RT is required, and I didn't get credit for something like this in the Fall 2010 promo...seems like it's always been clear in the T&C's. Did you get credit for this in the past?

EDIT: Maybe I didn't understand the question...if this is part of a round trip that returns xxx-ORD/DFW-LAX AND the qualifying segment is not the same flight number as the other segments, then yes. I think the connection airport (ORD or DFW) would have to be the same both ways

Last edited by igopogo; Nov 1, 2011 at 1:56 pm Reason: clarify
Old Nov 1, 2011, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by brp
...my answer assumes that you're also returning xxx-DFW/ORD-LAX. The roundtrip does seem to be required, but it seems that one can start before, or end after the listed points.

Cheers.
Originally Posted by igopogo
...Maybe I didn't understand the question...if this is part of a round trip that returns xxx-ORD/DFW-LAX AND the qualifying segment is not the same flight number as the other segments, then yes. I think the connection airport (ORD or DFW) would have to be the same both ways
Yea, I meant LAX-DFW/ORD-XXX RT. For example, LAX-DFW-FLL-DFW-LAX. I know in the past, the LAX-DFW-LAX legs would double, but also like in the past, there is no clear language in the T&C about connecting traffic...that's why I'm asking...to see if I have missed it somewhere in the T&C...
Old Nov 1, 2011, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA-Plat./ UA-Plat.
Originally Posted by WrLdTrvLnIndian
i definitely agree with you there. would recommed AAsuper80 do the same. Same thing happened to me with the RDU DEQM promo last year, and good thing i had an email response in writting which they had to stick by.
thanks guys will do. The agent seemed as if I was being silly for being concerned, but will def. get it in writing!
Old Nov 1, 2011, 5:25 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold; Hilton Diamond; National C ar Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Ambraciot
These routes are pretty packed and elite heavy, if the expiring elite gets a seat in F, there will almost certainly be an extra Gold/Plat stuck in Y.
On these routes, GLDs sit in the back of the bus! Have yet to be upgraded in 2 yrs!
Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:16 pm

Programs: United 1k, American Executive Platinum, Hyatt - Diamond Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Does the DEQM promo also count towards 2011 Elite Rewards? Or is the Elite Rewards actual BIS.

Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by albutt27
Does the DEQM promo also count towards 2011 Elite Rewards? Or is the Elite Rewards actual BIS.
2011 flights count towards 2011 miles (with status running thru 2/13)
2012 flights count towards 2012 miles (with status running thru 2/14)
EQMs are actual BIS miles with a minimum of 500 miles per flight if you have elite status, actual miles if not. DEQM would be double those miles.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:24 pm

Thanks in advance!
The elite rewards promo is based on points, which this doesn't affect at all.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:52 pm

Programs: United 1k, American Executive Platinum, Hyatt - Diamond Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by nall
The elite rewards promo is based on points, which this doesn't affect at all.
Ughhhh... you're right, I just re-read that promo and it's on points (not miles).
Thanks for clarifying.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:53 pm

Ughhhh... you're right, I just re-read that promo and it's on points (not miles).
Thanks for clarifying.
Yeah. Two years ago, it was on miles.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 2:07 pm

Programs: American Airlines
Does anyone know if the follow flight would apply?
LGA - ORD - LAX - DFW - LGA

Yes, I'm registered in CA.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott GLD, HH PLT, Hertz 5*
Tried searching for SFO-DFW-LAX-DFW-SFO in this thread and found nothing.

Would this get DEQM on all legs of the itin?

BM
Old Nov 2, 2011, 3:59 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by burtonmadness
Tried searching for SFO-DFW-LAX-DFW-SFO in this thread and found nothing.

Would this get DEQM on all legs of the itin?

BM
Presumably you did read the parts in the T&Cs that says that, while open jaws are allowed, only one RT per PNR will qualify. That would answer your question.

Cheers.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA CK/MM, Centurion
Okay I'm confused...DFW-SFO-ORD-SFO-DFW would only get DEQM for DFW-SFO-DFW portion? What if I booked DFW-SFO-DFW with SFO-ORD-SFO on a separate PNR in the middle? Would that give me DEQM on all segments? I want to do an EXP push, but want to use as few days as possible to do so. I am a DFW resident.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA-Plat./ UA-Plat.
Originally Posted by WrLdTrvLnIndian
i definitely agree with you there. would recommed AAsuper80 do the same. Same thing happened to me with the RDU DEQM promo last year, and good thing i had an email response in writting which they had to stick by.
SO this is the response I got today from AA...

Thank you for your interest in our DEQ11 promotion. I am pleased to
verify that your AAdvantage account has been successfully registered for
this promotion as of October 29, 2011.

I'm glad I could assist you in this matter. Have a great day! ^
Old Nov 2, 2011, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brp
all the relevant details for the promotion have long been discussed
Not quite all. For example, I don't see / remember this having been answered before:

Originally Posted by ossipago
I don't suppose this will work, but I'll give it a shot ... Does anyone know if I can do the following?

I want to book a ticket LAX-ORD-WAS in early Dec./DCA-ORD-WAS in early Jan. However, I have a coupon I want to use that expires in Dec., so I can't use it if I book the roundtrip. According to the promo, one-ways are not eligible. But can I book both one-ways, call in to combine them into a single PNR, and get the bonus EQMs?
(I presume ossipago meant DCA-ORD-LAX in the second case, because without that it clearly can't work even if combining PNRs creates a round trip.)

But, anyway, the general question is:

Is it considered a round trip for the purpose of this promotion if booked as two one way trips and then later the PNRs get combined (if both bookings, the combining of the PNRs, and the actual resulting round tirp all done during the valid promotion period, and if once combined the itenerary meets the criteria for this promotion)?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.