Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

What's the fewest number of passengers you've had on an AA flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2013, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat

Don't think I've been on a flight before with so few passengers. It was a CRA700 and just two of us in F (well C since it was transborder) and three in coach! For a while, the crew outnumbered us!! YYZ-LGA this afternoon, though many passengers had been moved onto earlier delayed flight due to the fiasco in Washington...and I had been moved to this flight which was earlier than my original one...though in the end departed when my original flight was to go off.

Can't recall ever having fewer passengers on a scheduled flight. What about others?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 3:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
4 on a CR7 CLT-BNA on the first flight (like 7:40 a.m.) on the Sunday after New Year's back in like 2006. Me, my ex-girlfriend, and one other couple. Had 5 on a Dash 8 ITH-PHL back in 2004 (almost everyone booked on the flight gave up because the flight was so late and it was going to strand them in PHL for the night). On AA though, probably somewhere around 20 on the ER3s that used to ply the RDU-BOS route.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 3:22 pm

AA41 In February - Roughly 30-40

I believe there were 15-20 in C, 30-40 in Y. I knew it was a wide open flight, so I did not even bother getting Cs....Wonderful eight hours of non-stop sleeping at the middle row.

I also remembered another LHR-LAX flight last year, AA137. I believe in total there were only 81 ppl in all three classes.

I actually think that you can easily see few people in an express flight because of the movement of delay flights or whatnot. If this happens in 767 or 777s, then you need to ask yourself, how are you gonna fill that up, even if it was low season like Feb.

Last edited by PaulInTheSky; Apr 23, 2013 at 3:35 pm
Old Apr 23, 2013, 3:42 pm

Me, myself and I on a Southwest flight early on a Saturday morning from Burbank to Sacramento.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 3:47 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just me on an MD80 from LGA-ORD.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...80-flight.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ngers-s80.html
Old Apr 23, 2013, 4:18 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
In 2002 I flew WN from OMA-MDW on the last flight of the night (after 10:00pm or) so.

There was 3 people on the flight (including me). We all got a free adult beverage of our choice.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
3, including me and my mother - on a Pan Am 747, Paris - NY, just when flights resumed after Lockerbie.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 5:20 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ajnaro
3, including me and my mother - on a Pan Am 747, Paris - NY, just when flights resumed after Lockerbie.
This takes the cake. Three on a 747. Wow.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 6:01 pm

Programs: IC-Royal Amb, Hilton Gold VIP AA PLT
Originally Posted by ajnaro

I think we have a winner !!

3 on a 747, all others will pale by comparison IMO
Srpilo
Old Apr 23, 2013, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Once, my dad and I were the only two pax in F on a TWA flight LGA-IAH. We actually were op-ups at the last minute; not sure why. The FAs treated us like royalty and apologized profusely for the disgusting French toast they had no choice but to serve us for breakfast.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 6:21 pm

Programs: LT Gold/BA Executive Club/AS MP/Marriott
Damn, can't beat that but was close a couple of times.

IIRC, we had 7 pax on board on a 2-class EK A330.

Flown on KL's old B747's with maybe 10-15 on board.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by bkafrick
This takes the cake. Three on a 747. Wow.
Well ... there were also flight attendants, etc., but no more passengers in any class.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 6:39 pm

Programs: dont matter anymore...
I was alone in F on a 777 to tokyo on Jan 1 2000.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Most enjoyable was probably a SQ flight IAH-DME with 1 in F (myself ), 7 in J, and 31 in Y, on New Years Day. Equipment was 77W.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 7:37 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
3 on an MD80 from DEN-DFW. Flight was delayed for maintenance and GAs processed it as if it would be cancelled. Most were re-accommodated on other flights and the rest went home and flew the next day. As an employee, reaccom was not available to me even though I was there on AA business. Flight ended up going anyway because the crew and plane were needed in DFW. I was the only pax, but then 2 United fliers whose flight had been delayed and missed all connections realized that this flight was going and got United to put them on it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.