Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2012, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM / AA PP, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by a330300
I picked up a few at the San Francisco Costco last night, and the rep mentioned that they had about 80 left - and reminded me that they wouldn't be restocked.
A week ago SF Costco had 95 before I bought 4. So they aren't flying off the shelf per-se
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by geclub1
You may want to read Costco's SEC filings to see how much Costco's business model is depending on being financed by Accounts Payable (Hint: a lot!).
Now obviously, we do not know the exact payment terms on these gift cards. But I will be very surprised that AA gets paid anytime before we pay for them.
^ for what seems a fact-based post!
Old Jul 15, 2012, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Just visited the Littleton Costco. They show the item marked for deletion, although Park Meadows still is listed with 88 cards. I'm going to head over there today, and try to beat SFO777

Arvada was listed as having a decent supply.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:57 pm

As of a few days ago the Houston Galleria location had 150+ left.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Clarkcc1
A week ago SF Costco had 95 before I bought 4. So they aren't flying off the shelf per-se
But I bought 10 there.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:50 pm

Concord CA are down to about 40. I picked up 60 today just before returning to Dallas. For some reason they checked to see if I was an executive member . It took them about 10 minutes to get the cards out from the back lock up area (not the regular merchandise pick up.

South San Francisco and El Camino are out - I think they had a few left last week. I can't remember about Mountain View.

Last edited by bmchris; Jul 15, 2012 at 11:53 pm
Old Jul 16, 2012, 12:05 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by bmchris
South San Francisco and El Camino are out - I think they had a few left last week. I can't remember about Mountain View.
Does Sunnyvale still have them?
Old Jul 16, 2012, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by Majuki
I don't think so. Just call any Costco and ask them to do a location search with the item id. Make sure you ask them to see how many they have in stock. Some have less than 100.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 8:12 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Majuki
Probably not. We were there a little over a week ago. They had 22. We bought 20. I then went to Mountain View. They had about 80 and I bought 30. This was a week ago Friday.

Cheers.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 12:28 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by bmchris
Concord CA are down to about 40. I picked up 60 today just before returning to Dallas.
Didn't know they stocked them here, so thanks for the heads up. They tell me they've only had them the last month. They had 30 left after my purchase 5 mins ago.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 2:40 pm

I picked up two in Altamonte Springs, Fl. I didn't think to ask how many more they had... they have moved the display up front on the right, just as you walk in the store.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
As of 2 pm today, there were a lot (I didn't count, but I'd certainly say 80+) available at the Santa Clara Costco.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA, United, Delta
If Costco is like Target, Amazon, Babies R Us and other big box, they get *at least* 90-day terms and are probably late when they do pay.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 7:52 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by bdemaria
As of 2 pm today, there were a lot (I didn't count, but I'd certainly say 80+) available at the Santa Clara Costco.
Can you clarify you're talking about the actual cards in the locked area versus the cardboard AA marketing displays? I've made purchases at three different locations in the last year and they've never shown me the actual inventory.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by tom911
Can you clarify you're talking about the actual cards in the locked area versus the cardboard AA marketing displays? I've made purchases at three different locations in the last year and they've never shown me the actual inventory.
As Tom911 is eluding to, the floor display is totally irrelevant to the stock on hand and is not even needed for purchase! Just give the cashier your Costco card, the stock number, and quantity desired. If they have them, you will get them. They keep moving the floor displays around on just about everything it's tough to find a particular item in the same place two trips in a row.

I wish Costco would implement something like Target does with scanners or some form of screen where you can search for inventory and hopefully location. Most times the looks you get when you ask someone where something is is priceless!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.