Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]

AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]

Old Jul 7, 2012, 7:31 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by supergrandslam
No promo code applied. It was RT from 5 regs from NYC to Europe.
Only one reg is on BA, all other regs are on AA.

I tried to book it on AA.com when I was at AC in JFK.
I saw only 3 options(paid by credit card, paid by GC and one more option I don't remember), no Hold 24 hours option for the purchase.

After applying 4Gcs and confirmed zero remainning balance, I selected "purchase" for thefinal step but got an error meg.

Did the same thing with same GCs but got the same error,

A few hours later at AC in MIA, I checked my reservation on AA.com andfond that the 1st reservation was ticketed and 2nd one was "on reqest".

Very strange, never happened to me before....
I had a tough time using the GCs to buy my husband a RT to MUC last year with legs on IB and AA, some codeshares and some not. I kept entering the GCs and got an error message when trying to purchase. I think I was successful on my fourth try.

I was going to buy a few more of these after my next CC statement closed but oh well. The cards did bring me to 2 local Costcos I would've never visited otherwise.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 9:43 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
<redacted> You may not be aware, but Costco has a very flexible return policy, second only to Nordstrom or Bed Bath Beyond IME. If you have too many cards why not return them to your local Costco and possibly give others the opportunity to purchase? Most FTers like using their own CCs to accrue cash back/miles/points/etc that they wouldn't earn from a cash purchase. Just my feeling but people can do as they please.

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 7, 2012 at 9:16 pm Reason: redacted deleted post content
Old Jul 7, 2012, 10:54 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
<redacted>

Of course, for trusted interactions, pickup is not necessary as one could send the card number and pin. This is a higher trust level, of course, but logistically easier.

Cheers.

Last edited by miamigrad; Jul 7, 2012 at 10:23 pm Reason: redacted deleted post content
Old Jul 7, 2012, 11:26 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
St Louis Rusty Road location is sold out.

St Louis Manchester Rd area has about 50 or so as of Sat morning July 7.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
According to my minion helping me buy these, there aren't many left in LAX.
I'll go to SEA next week to check myself.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA 2MM,Marriott, Hilton
Sacramento Exposition Blvd warehouse had 36 left this afternoon. Rancho Cordova warehouse was sold out last Saturday.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
Does anyone know if they have these at the Chicago Costco at Diversey and Damen?
Old Jul 7, 2012, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Not sure, but, I will g to my local Costco tomorrow.

Originally Posted by smitty06
Does anyone know if they have these at the Chicago Costco at Diversey and Damen?
Sunday is our Costco day. Will check there first.

Last edited by arollins; Jul 7, 2012 at 9:31 pm
Old Jul 7, 2012, 9:17 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
N.B. Offers for sale / resale will be deleted. /Moderator
Old Jul 7, 2012, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
N.B. Offers for sale / resale will be deleted. /Moderator
lol

was trying to give these away at cost...nevermind then...
Old Jul 8, 2012, 9:08 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
As of yesterday there were 400-500 gift cards remaining in the San Diego area at various Costco locations. They looked it up and rattled off the locations and number, but I didn't take notes.

Yesterday Poway Costco had 45 GC and Merchandise Pickup said they will not reorder. I asked how long they could be returned after they are discontinued and she said "a long time, maybe not 10 years." There are now only 15 left at that location.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 9:42 am

FYI, as of yesterday, there were something like 170+ at the Oak Brook Costo near Chicago. The clerk did confirm that these cards are no longer being refreshed.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 11:32 am

Programs: American Airlines EXP 1.99 MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, IHG Plat Ambassador, UA 1K
Lakewood CA

I visited this location yesterday. After my purchase, there were two gift cards in stock.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 12:45 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75k, AAdvantage Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by ckpeter
FYI, as of yesterday, there were something like 170+ at the Oak Brook Costo near Chicago. The clerk did confirm that these cards are no longer being refreshed.
There were 129 in stock when I entered the store about an hour ago, there are now 71. I bought fifty , one guy bought five, and three others bought one. Why would you buy just one?

I would have cleared them out completely, but I figured I'd give you guys a day's notice before I do. I'll be buying any and all left tomorrow afternoon.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
According to my minion helping me buy these, there aren't many left in LAX.
I'll go to SEA next week to check myself.
I can save you the trip in SEA. Just been to the one south of downtown and they're out. The only store in the area with any is Issaquah (59 as of this morning).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.