Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Follow Up to AA NYC 2010 DO?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2010, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Follow Up to AA NYC 2010 DO?

I was one of the participants and as one who had a great time, I wanted to see if there was interest in doing something for 2011. Not necessarily that I want to organize it as Tylerdurden did a great job last January.

All I'm saying is after seeing the *A and UA/CO guys host multiple events this year, I want some AA rah rah!
Old Dec 17, 2010, 10:40 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, SaksFirst Plat (hey, if we're listing loyalty programmes....)
Depending on my work/travel schedule, I would definitely be interested in attending an event. Disappointed I missed 2010!
Old Dec 17, 2010, 10:59 am
jsm

Location: Northridge, CA, - AA EXP 3 MM , Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC, Lots of other programs and points
We should definitely have on in 2011. it would be great to have one like the UA people do with a tour of AA facilities and Q&A with AA at JFK or DFW.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 11:56 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
I'd love to put faces to handles--I travel to and through JFK frequently so could definitely make it happen with enough notice!
Old Dec 17, 2010, 12:01 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
I'm new to AA but I would love to attend and even help organize it if help was needed
Old Dec 17, 2010, 12:10 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, UA 2P
If it is something over a weekend, (could start on a fri) count me in, most vacation days for 2011 are already allocated.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, IC RA, HH Gold
As long as I'm not away from NY, I'm in!
Old Dec 17, 2010, 1:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I'm gone every weekend through the end of March except for one (already thinking about EXP qualification for next year). But if I'm around I would like to attend. Free booze now in the AC!
Old Dec 17, 2010, 3:31 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Juanefny
I'm new to AA but I would love to attend and even help organize it if help was needed
IIRC, Juanefny was the one that got the ball rolling a few years ago on the DL forum, which eventually resulted in the first annual DL SkyMiles FT event held at DL headquarters. (I recently met someone who attended the 2nd annual incarnation of that event, and he gave it 2 big thumbs up! ^^ He talked it up so much that I think he may have even convinced me to go if it happens again next year! )
Old Dec 17, 2010, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA CK, Marriott LT Ti, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
I'm in Dallas and have a couple of mid-level contacts at AMR -- I can try to look into a tour next time I'm out there, but I definitely can't make any promises. It would be good to have a CK member with some pull ask as well!

I know you're looking for JFK, but I figured I would offer.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 2MM +, CO, US, UA,SPG, Hertz Presidents Club
AA's @Stephen may be able to help us out. Would be great to have an AA/FT event
Old Dec 17, 2010, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, AF Plat, VS Gold, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
I'd love to meet up with folks!
Old Dec 17, 2010, 8:57 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by LAXNYER
AA's @Stephen may be able to help us out. Would be great to have an AA/FT event
Anything is possible but color me pessimistic. Such an event has been investigated previously with little success.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by El_Chiflero
I was one of the participants and as one who had a great time, I wanted to see if there was interest in doing something for 2011. Not necessarily that I want to organize it as Tylerdurden did a great job last January.
Did anyone actually meet TigerWould?
Old Dec 17, 2010, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Generally, FlyerTalk DOs are announced and discussed in CommunityBuzz http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/

Perhaps this one is different because it involves only one airline.

The third stickie there, "The Consolidated Do-List Thread," is maintained by Jenbel and is a handy way to see all the upcoming get-togethers listed in one posting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.