FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   AA Miles For New Citibank Checking Account [Consolidated] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1168625-aa-miles-new-citibank-checking-account-consolidated.html)

romeoguy Jan 5, 2011 4:50 pm

AA Miles For New Citibank Checking Account [Consolidated]

LATEST OFFER (updated June 2012)

There a new code for June, it's CY77.
This time it's for 20,000 Aadvantage miles, which shouldn't create a 1099-MISC since it's under a $600 value according to citibank.
It requires one bill pay and one direct deposit for two consecutive months.
You can see all the details at offer.citibank.com.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OLD OFFER Deleted. However, I'm leaving this detail behind for future promos or online apps:

Old offer code: C2JB
Offer: 23,500 miles for Citigold or 10,000 miles for Citi regular

Old Offer Code: C2ZZ (Expired September 30, 2011)
Offer: 23,500 miles for Citigold or 10,000 miles for Citi Regular

Even older Promo Code: C247 (Expired August 31, 2011)

YOUR FF#: The web app does not ask for your AA FF#, which I thought was strange. However, it appears that they pull this information from your already open AA Credit Card. I just received my first CitiGold statement and it had my correct AA FF# on there.

abcx Jan 5, 2011 5:08 pm

So you MUST have the card, it seems? And anyway to keep it open free after the first two months?

HoKo Jan 5, 2011 6:38 pm

"This offer is available to CitiŽ/AAdvantageŽ cardmembers who receive this communication."

"Offer may be modified or withdrawn at any time without notice, is not transferable, and cannot be combined with any other offer."

Those two sentences are very important. I'm sure some FT'ers will take the plunge despite not having received this offer so we will eventually find out whether or not they are enforcing their rules...but it would appear it is targeted.

Then again, the previous offer for 20K AA miles also contained these clauses as far as I can remember and I still applied and (in theory) will receive miles despite not having been targeted.

YMMV per usual

idlebrain Jan 5, 2011 7:13 pm

To sign up, go to offers.citibank.com and enter offer code: C25A
- - - - - -

seems there is a typo, there is no 's'.

offer.citibank.com

caGALINDO Jan 5, 2011 7:25 pm

Where can I find the account fees after the 2 month mark...?

paramount Jan 5, 2011 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by cagalindo (Post 15592413)
Where can I find the account fees after the 2 month mark...?

For The Citibank Account, must have average daily balance of $6,000 to avoid a monthly service fee of $20.

For CitiGold must have $100k to avoid $30.

Here: https://online.citibank.com/US/JRS/p...do?ID=Packages

tzoom84 Jan 5, 2011 7:37 pm

Hmm.. promo code seems rather general to be targeted unless there's a manual (human) linking of offer to account after signup.

As for fees:
I entered the promo and hit the "Terms and Fees".
Citigold is $30/mo unless you have $50,000+ in your account
"The Citibank Account" is $20/mo unless you have $6.000 in your account.

My questions:
1) How long do you have to keep the account open after getting the miles?
2) Do they do a hard credit pull?

caGALINDO Jan 5, 2011 7:43 pm

Why would you have to keep the account open after getting the miles? If they are in your AAdvantage account then you already got them and can close the checking accnt..

tzoom84 Jan 5, 2011 8:02 pm

I've never have it personally happen, but I've heard of stories for miles being pulled if you don't keep account open for X # of months.

For example, some mentioned 6 months is suggested for Chase accts.

romeoguy Jan 5, 2011 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by tzoom84 (Post 15592465)

My questions:
1) How long do you have to keep the account open after getting the miles?

I benefited from their last offer a few months ago. Miles were deposited 2-3 weeks ago. I closed the account a few days ago. Miles are still in my AA account :)

onthego15 Jan 5, 2011 8:07 pm

There is nothing in Citi's terms and conditions which says you have to keep your account open AFTER your miles post. The terms and conditions state that your account must be opened for your miles to post. So, you can't close early, but you can close once they post. Citi and Chase are two totally different banks which operate in different ways.

However, please note that in the past Citi has sometimes been very slow to post miles for these accounts.

idlebrain Jan 5, 2011 8:10 pm

We're sorry, but we're unable to open this account for you online. But you may open this account by calling 1-800-374-9700. :(

tzoom84 Jan 5, 2011 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by onthego15 (Post 15592638)
However, please note that in the past Citi has sometimes been very slow to post miles for these accounts.

Makes me wonder if I can get the miles within the first 2 months while the fees are waived. Because I sure don't have $50k spare to keep standing in the account. :)

onthego15 Jan 5, 2011 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by tzoom84 (Post 15592689)
Makes me wonder if I can get the miles within the first 2 months while the fees are waived. Because I sure don't have $50k spare to keep standing in the account. :)

VERY unlikely that Citi will give you miles early.

The minimum on the Citibank account is only $6000, not $50,000 - much easier to attain IMHO.
Also, you can link other Citi accounts to achieve the $6,000 - mortgages, investments, credit lines, savings, etc.

cybaslacka Jan 5, 2011 8:56 pm

".... five (5) or more debit card purchases from, the checking account each month for two (2) consecutive months. "

when doing these 5 transactions, do i have to select "debit" in order for it to count or can i select "credit" on the card reading machine