Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Thread founder Blumie had the following dedicatory post to kick off the original thread in June of 2010 to guide us, so we will take our cues from that to continue this hallowed FT-AA|A tradition. (FT Rules still apply.)

Originally Posted by Blumie
What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Older posts have been archived, and may be read here.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2014, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by FAA1996
I am not seeking any compensation (we survived without desert, etc)
That's outrageous! If you survived without dessert, and are not seeking compensation, you are definitely in the wrong thread.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by BSBD
That's outrageous! If you survived without dessert, and are not seeking compensation, you are definitely in the wrong forum.
Fixed it for you
Old Mar 24, 2014, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by tomhuber2003
No hot towels -- I don't know. They should have held the flight until hot towels could be found and loaded on.
And thousands of years later the automated announcement would still be running for the benefit of the dried bones in the seats...
Old Mar 25, 2014, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Haven't complained because I'm not sure what could come of it. I am not seeking any compensation (we survived without desert, etc) and I'm assuming AA already knows about this issue. I guess if it could help prevent this form happening in the future or make sure the issues are addressed with the caterer/flight attendant I guess I could write them a note...
Well, in my view, you paid for the catering and didn't receive it. So, that's worth at least a note in my mind.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 3:32 am

I've cleared so many upgrades in March, that I'm running out of stickers.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 3:35 am
Suspended

Wrong size PJs

On several occasion they didn't have my size pajamas in F class.

Each time I took a smaller size for my son to enjoy. Now that my son is growing out of Medium and Large I am gonna really have a disaster on my hands if they don't stock xl.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 9:48 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by tomhuber2003

Now, had there been no nuts...
Oh, no, not that again.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
That is way too substantive for this thread. Write in and complain for sure.
OK, so I did write in to make sure someone was aware of the problem. Almost instantly I received the following response, hopefully it will make a difference:

"I am truly sorry that you were disappointed with the meal service in the first class cabin on your recent flight. Your dissatisfaction is especially disheartening; as we know, the amenities compliment the overall enjoyment of the first class "experience".

We have forwarded a copy of your criticism to the Managing Director of Food and Beverage Service, in order that your perceptions may be reviewed with our local caterer. We are always eager to improve our meal service.

As tangible evidence of our concern for your disappointment, in recognition of your importance to American Airlines and to ensure your continued goodwill, I have credited your AAdvantage® account with bonus miles.

I hope that the next meal you try when traveling with us in first class is more to your liking. Thank you for your candid feedback -- we've taken it to heart. Your business is very important to us."
Old Mar 25, 2014, 11:32 am

Programs: AA Plat,AS MVP Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat, Amtrak(all routes, VIA same, AUS 90%)
My 2 cents

In the spirit of this thread: SJU-DFW FC, FA congratulated seatmate on her EXP status, thanks for flying, etc. Me, lowly plat basically ignored. I felt the discomfort of FA following fairly new recognition protocol and later in galley mentioned it to her: she sighed in agreement.
But, when warm nuts arrives, I noted that EXP had significantly more cashews than I did. Am I "nuts?"
Old Mar 25, 2014, 11:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA GLD
exit row 757, plastic housing around the exit door porthole fell onto my feet. i expect that from the ancient US 752 fleet, but not AA...

Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
I am currently faced with the struggle of choosing between keeping my current itin (JFK-LAX-HKG, with JFK-LAX on the 32B), or JFK-YVR-HKG. (whole trip in F). Choices choices choices
so AA 32B/77W F versus i assume CX F? is this even a question? is there such thing as too much krug and caviar? i do want an AA F amenity kit/ipad cover though...
Old Mar 26, 2014, 12:12 am

Within a couple hours of my purchasing a roundtrip to China AA lowered the fare by $.10 almost .012% and I'm stuck paying the higher price.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 1:12 am

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
How about a FA call button stuck ringing about every 15 seconds for a 3 hour flt. Ding-ding-ding. They could not locate where it was coming from. It drove everyone "nuts" including the FA's for 3 hours. That was a great trip. Ding-ding-ding.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by psychoandy
exit row 757, plastic housing around the exit door porthole fell onto my feet. i expect that from the ancient US 752 fleet, but not AA...

so AA 32B/77W F versus i assume CX F? is this even a question? is there such thing as too much krug and caviar? i do want an AA F amenity kit/ipad cover though...
I dont think they do a caviar service between JFK and YVR, or do they?
Old Mar 26, 2014, 9:38 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I dont think they do a caviar service between JFK and YVR, or do they?
They did not when I flew it. Menu from October, 2012 in First:

Old Mar 26, 2014, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by psychoandy

When I was first looking to book the trip I couldn't get anything ex-JFK, but found a seat ex-LAX. Getting from BOS to LAX, I was initially BOS-DFW-LAX and then swapped to BOS-LGA/JFK-LAX when a JFK-LAX seat opened up. Later the JFK-YVR-HKG seat opened up (and is now gone). I definitely get that CX F is well above AA F, but wanted to give the transcon a go. Hoping/expecting BOS-JFK space to open up closer in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.