Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Thread founder Blumie had the following dedicatory post to kick off the original thread in June of 2010 to guide us, so we will take our cues from that to continue this hallowed FT-AA|A tradition. (FT Rules still apply.)

Originally Posted by Blumie
What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Older posts have been archived, and may be read here.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2014, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
The AA.com home page is currently using an image from Beverly Hills to entice customers to buy tickets to LAX. Don't they know I live about an hour from Beverly Hills by car?
Every place in LA is an hour away from every other place.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
Every place in LA is an hour away from every other place.
Unless you go via the 405.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, KrisFlyer Elite Gold
why does AA only stock Bombay Sapphire? I like Tanqueray more. :/
Old Mar 11, 2014, 9:18 pm
KPT

Programs: JAL Sapphire
So I booked an award business class ticket on JAL using AA miles, and they let me move it around several times.

I finally got a seat in first and snagged it. My complaint? They charged me an additional $2.50 ticketing fee. Bah!

Sarcasm aside, I have yet to be let down once by AA yet for IRROPS. Love this FFP.

Last edited by KPT; Mar 11, 2014 at 9:54 pm
Old Mar 11, 2014, 9:26 pm
KPT

Programs: JAL Sapphire
And Bacardi Rum isn't that good, honestly.

Originally Posted by sriegert
why does AA only stock Bombay Sapphire? I like Tanqueray more. :/
Old Mar 15, 2014, 6:36 am

Programs: CX (elite) and a few others (non-elite)
Why are the pre-take-off bubbles in international J served in plastic "glasses"? I mean, PLASTIC!! Nothing worth drinking EVER arrives in plastic
Old Mar 15, 2014, 11:39 am

Programs: AA EXP
I didn't receive the automated upgrade notification email until a few hours before an early morning flight, leaving insufficient time for me to broadcast my obvious superiority to a wide social media audience.

If AA is going to wait until the last minute to send this critical email, they should just go ahead and put my name on the cleared upgrade list on the gate monitor, so at the very least the cattle in the boarding area will know how important I am.

I demand compensation for these offenses!
Old Mar 15, 2014, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HYT PLT
Originally Posted by IanFromHKG
Why are the pre-take-off bubbles in international J served in plastic "glasses"? I mean, PLASTIC!! Nothing worth drinking EVER arrives in plastic
You have answered your own question, AA bubbles aren't worth drinking.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Originally Posted by BSBD
I didn't receive the automated upgrade notification email until a few hours before an early morning flight, leaving insufficient time for me to broadcast my obvious superiority to a wide social media audience.

If AA is going to wait until the last minute to send this critical email, they should just go ahead and put my name on the cleared upgrade list on the gate monitor, so at the very least the cattle in the boarding area will know how important I am.

I demand compensation for these offenses!
This is clearly substantive.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 2:26 pm

Pre-ordered cereal for a breakfast flight but got fruit platter with a wheat bagel and hot coffee which was really good!
Old Mar 15, 2014, 2:32 pm

And just made my 600th post in 9 years of FlyerTalk membership; JDiver posts 600 messages a day so I will never pass him/her (considering shoe size probably a him).

Originally Posted by JDiver
I am a 12W (US) / 46 and - if I am travelling in Asia, most of Africa or Latin America, I can pretty much forget buying off the rack shoes, or even often having custom made shoes without taking a last for them to use.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
You know what grinds my gears? When the cashew-to-pecan ratio is off in the warm nuts dish.

Of course, this can be remedied by simply asking for a nuts refill
Old Mar 15, 2014, 11:38 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by brewdog11
You know what grinds my gears? When the cashew-to-pecan ratio is off in the warm nuts dish.

Of course, this can be remedied by simply asking for a nuts refill
still -- i can deal with this over the horrid nuts i just "enjoyed" on the new a321t JFK-SFO today. they were so cold, it was like someone tried warming the nuts by blowing on them.

as a result the almonds didnt have that nice crisp feel when you bite into them.

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: AA PLT, HYT PLT
What is the proper pecan to cashew ratio? I only seem to get 1 or 2 pecans in an entire serving.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Pecans? Who cares??

For real taste, let's look for pistacchios. Nowadays only 1-2 in a bowl, used to be 5-8.

That's the present degradation of airline service

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.