Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA Carib / Mexico business/ domestic First: sparkling wine / bubbly?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Carib / Mexico business/ domestic First: sparkling wine / bubbly?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2010, 9:06 am

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by Max M
Not to hijack this thread, but I experienced exactly the same food offerings 2 weeks ago. The sandwich was billed as Salami [with "vegetable" soup], but the FA said the chicken breast came with "potato salad" [obviously it was what you described]. I opted for the chicken breast which was almost impossible to cut with the butter knife that accompanied the meal, and the dry, salty chicken breast required me to guzzle my drink to wash it down. The flan that came with the meal was utterly gross.

AA should tell its CUN-based caterer to supply something edible on this route.
Oh!!!! I forgot about the 'flan'. It was made with goat milk and had a weird jello texture. Ugh.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 1:47 pm

Domestic (non-transcon) sparkling/champagne offering

Do all of the non-transcon domestic flights have the same sparkling wine offering? And if so, how often does AA change the offering? Except when I had a last-minute equipment sub and ended up on a plane that had originally been scheduled to fly an international flight, I've only ever seen Laurier.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Hyatt
This was discussed just a few days ago here:

AA Carib / Mexico business/ domestic First: bubbly?
Old Apr 6, 2010, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by imagineertobe
This was discussed just a few days ago here:

AA Carib / Mexico business/ domestic First: bubbly?
I somehow missed that thread. But at any rate, it doesn't answer either question.

Maybe one of our friendly FA contributors knows?
Old Apr 6, 2010, 3:52 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

sorry for the late reply
Yea I basically just adore bubbly.
I would even take Korbel on board.
Obviousely I love the good stuff a la SQ, TG and LH (F), but I would be satisfied with any domestic California "champagne" as it knocks spots of plain old white and really gets a premium cabin trip off in style IMO.
The food ex-CUN sounds repulsive! Do you think it will change or is it always that terrible?
What about MIA-Punta Cana Cuisine? / Punta Cana-MIA? Anyone know from recent experience in F
Lastly, do they show a movie/TV on the DFW-CUN/CUN-DFW and the MIA-Punta Cana-MIA sectors?

Cheers
Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:42 am

Programs: AA ex-Plat
i just flew LGA-ORD-CUN-JFK in the past week, and they had "champagne" on the ORD-CUN and CUN-JFK flights. AA 445 and 1674, respectively. the LGA-ORD flight departed at 6am, so i didn't ask for champagne.

for the meal back to JFK (@4:25pm), they had pre-departure beverage (OJ/water/champagne), warm mixed nuts, another beverage service, then the meal. offerings were either penne pasta with halibut or a chicken empanada (but bigger than the empanadas i'm used to), both served with a salad, consisting of mixed greens, black olives, feta cheese, and a vinaigrette. had the flan and a piece of bread as well.

FWIW, the halibut was good but small, the penne very al dente, and the white sauce on the pasta was tasteless. and despite all that, i was still pleased that i didn't get the bologna/salami sandwich or cabbage/vegetable soup that others mentioned...lol. i didn't think the flan was that bad, but honestly, i like the jell-o flan i've made myself at home in the past much better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.