FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1060581-aadvantage-eshopping-cartera-questions-discussion-vendors-issues-archive.html)

ung1 Jan 29, 2014 10:52 am

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

So I made a purchase during the bonus period (magazines.com), and the miles that posted were without the bonus. I know other people who purchased at a similar time and got the bonus, following the same process for making the purchase.

I then sent an email to AAdvantage e-shopping, and they "fixed" it by re-posting the same, wrong, amount. I then sent another email and was asked for some details. After providing those a month ago, I haven't heard back. Sent a chaser, haven't heard back.

How do I get hold of someone at AAdvantage to fix this? I can't find a phone contact for e-shopping, and I really have half a mind to cancel the entire order because I'm fed up of trying to contact them! Any advice?

nall Jan 31, 2014 2:34 am

iTunes is back on the AAdvantage Eshopping store, and at 3 miles per dollar to boot.

slhansen219 Jan 31, 2014 9:36 am

I made 6-7 purchases over the holidays and only got credit for 1... Which I did return and the points were removed. Nothing for the other purchases. I definitely went through the eShopping portal. I looked at the eShopping transactions today and, of course, the only transaction showing in the last 90 days was the one I returned and they took back the points I contacted Aadvantage shopping and now I have to supply them with all the receipts, etc. Has anyone gotten their points after sending in the receipts? Thanks

Ritz Feb 1, 2014 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by ung1 (Post 22246456)

How do I get hold of someone at AAdvantage to fix this? I can't find a phone contact for e-shopping, and I really have half a mind to cancel the entire order because I'm fed up of trying to contact them! Any advice?

You don't. AA totally disavows any responsibility with regard to Cartera and their unreliability - and that's how its been for years. People have threatened, sued, and still never were made whole from Cartera.

ung1 Feb 2, 2014 3:40 am

Originally Posted by Ritz (Post 22267376)
You don't. AA totally disavows any responsibility with regard to Cartera and their unreliability - and that's how its been for years. People have threatened, sued, and still never were made whole from Cartera.

A Cartera representative on FT saw my post and contacted me to look into it. Hopefully they're able to resolve it soon.

UVU Wolverine Feb 3, 2014 2:47 pm

This might have been answered previously, but does Cartera still offer miles for in-store purchases? There used to be a limited list of places that one could earn miles for in-store purchases (Jos Bank, PF Changs, Sunglass Hut).

When I check the website now, they don't appear to be available anymore.

nittfan Feb 8, 2014 5:53 pm

Is there any way to get thru to someone "higher up" at Cartera, rather than just the AAdvantage e-shopping "contact us" link (which is a joke)? I have contacted them 4 times now about a purchase that was made in Sept. 2013. Each time I get a "canned" response/form letter, promising that they will " .....look into the matter and get back to me shortly ....." My claim is legit, and I have sent them requested documentation twice now. I really want these miles, because it was over 2,000 for a "come back to us" promotion. This is EXACTLY the reason I stopped shopping with AAdvantage e/shopping.

Thanks.

StartinSanDiego Feb 8, 2014 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by nittfan (Post 22312927)
Is there any way to get thru to someone "higher up" at Cartera, rather than just the AAdvantage e-shopping "contact us" link (which is a joke)? I have contacted them 4 times now about a purchase that was made in Sept. 2013. Each time I get a "canned" response/form letter, promising that they will " .....look into the matter and get back to me shortly ....." My claim is legit, and I have sent them requested documentation twice now. I really want these miles, because it was over 2,000 for a "come back to us" promotion. This is EXACTLY the reason I stopped shopping with AAdvantage e/shopping.

Thanks.

Try twitter or facebook. It works.

nittfan Feb 9, 2014 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego (Post 22313788)
Try twitter or facebook. It works.

What do you suggest? I don't have a Facebook account, but do have twitter.

EkekoBWI Feb 14, 2014 12:17 pm

Finally got the AA bonus miles for Nov's portal spend promotion. It looks like this: ESHOP MALL JUMPSTART SPEND BNS

...and still waiting on the bonus miles from Dec's promo...

songbird Feb 15, 2014 8:37 am

Originally Posted by nall (Post 22257517)
iTunes is back on the AAdvantage Eshopping store, and at 3 miles per dollar to boot.

Confirmed and hooray! :)

songbird Feb 15, 2014 8:43 am

Originally Posted by EkekoBWI (Post 22349406)
...and still waiting on the bonus miles from Dec's promo...

My Dec-promo purchase has just this week gone to "pending"--as "Spend $[xx] and get [x],000 miles". I would've thought that the original "shop til you drop" promo name would've been slightly less vague, but whatever...

StartinSanDiego Feb 16, 2014 8:59 am

Originally Posted by nittfan (Post 22316457)
What do you suggest? I don't have a Facebook account, but do have twitter.

Then how about Twitter?

EkekoBWI Feb 18, 2014 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by songbird (Post 22353372)
My Dec-promo purchase has just this week gone to "pending"--as "Spend $[xx] and get [x],000 miles". I would've thought that the original "shop til you drop" promo name would've been slightly less vague, but whatever...

Just posted: ESHOP MALL FLASH SPEND BONUS

This looks to be the DEC promo. And it looks like Cartera once again under-counted my spend in the promo period. Pestering emails to follow...

Ambraciot Feb 18, 2014 6:26 pm

Anyone have issues with large purchases? I'm going to buy an $11-12k item from a 3 miles/$ store in a few weeks and I'm trying to choose a portal.