Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
AAdvantage eShoppping by Cartera Commerce
Using, earning miles, problems, etc. (Consolidated thread)

American Airlines is not the contact for Cartera / AAdvantage eShopping .

AAdvantage eShopping FAQs and an e-contact form can be found via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom left corner of the home page.

If you have trouble getting purchases to track, there's also a browser extension to help.

Cartera website: http://www.cartera.com

Cartera Commerce, Inc.
One Cranberry Hill
Lexington, Massachusetts 02421

Tel. (781) 541-6800 Fax: (781) 541-6801

For general inquiries, please contact [email protected] or 888.456.6255
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST (Please do not alter contents following)

This thread is the sole thread to address issues with AAdvantage eShopping (operated by Cartera Commerce). Other queries or complaints will invariably end up merged into this thread. All posts must comply with FlyerTalk Guidelines and Rules / TOS, or may be summarily deleted or edited by moderators.

A related article, highlighting an interview of Cartera Commerce CEO Tom Bercher, is "Secrets of Cartera Commerce Revealed: Inside the Company that Brings You Miles for Online Shopping" by Gary Leff on March 3, 2014. Link.

As described in this thread, AAdvantage Shopping now offers a downloadable button installable on your desktop (not mobile) device to facilitate e-shopping. Link.

Older posts may be read at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...or-consol.html

Notes about Giftcards.com:
  • A separate thread exists for discussing Giftcards.com and likely has more data points than this generic thread.
  • Purchases from giftcards.com earn miles on the first $2,000 spent in the named calendar month, meaning for example between March 1st and March 31st. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • Giftcards.com has had various limits over the years, and it was always by calendar month.
  • Some data points show the $2,000 monthly limit is not always enforced. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • In 2022, larger orders track more slowly, and you may need to wait a full month to see miles. Strong advice from the thread is to make multiple small purchases (say under $300) rather than large ones to avoid the dreaded "manual review"
(Copied from the LP thread wiki): Once you click through the AAdvantage eShopping portal to a vendor offer and make a purchase, you will eventually get the associated miles posted to your AAdvantage account as both redeemable miles and Loyalty Points. If the merchant advertises an increase in the miles per dollar spent, you'll earn the higher amount in both redeemable miles and an equal number of Loyalty Points. The same applies if a merchant advertises a higher fixed amount per purchase, rather than a per dollar amount. Examples of this would appear on the portal as, "Extra miles. Was 1 mile/$. Now earn 3 miles/$" or "Extra miles. Was up to 3700 miles. Now up to 6200 miles." However, if the website advertises a "Limited-time bonus offer" for "bonus miles" after meeting a spending threshold, that bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points. If a bonus is offered for some site-wide activity such as 1000 miles for installing an extension, or 500 miles for enrolling in the portal, or 2000 miles for meeting a spending threshold across multiple merchants, the bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points.

Some anti-virus software silently blocks tracking, and you may want to consider disabling it for your purchase.
Print Wikipost

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Old Jul 15, 2022, 7:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nk15
From what I briefly saw it looks like it will be only 1500 LPs once. I didn't see any evidence suggesting you will get more than that.
the language doesnt have any restriction on only one and those in the FB group reported it crediting multiple times if bought multiple times
Antarius likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bakrgby
the language doesnt have any restriction on only one and those in the FB group reported it crediting multiple times if bought multiple times
It seems like its a lot of risk / uncertainty Vs other methods (like Rocketmiles) where you can earn at similar rates (~$25 per 1000 LP/RDM).

but if youre planning on doing it once, you can stack with Simplymiles for an extra 1000 LP.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What is your question? It seems like you already know your answer
Old Jul 15, 2022, 9:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
What is your question? It seems like you already know your answer
lol
Old Jul 15, 2022, 10:55 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Can I get an invite to this fb group please! 😁
Old Jul 17, 2022, 7:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by coleslaw
It seems like its a lot of risk / uncertainty Vs other methods (like Rocketmiles) where you can earn at similar rates (~$25 per 1000 LP/RDM).

but if youre planning on doing it once, you can stack with Simplymiles for an extra 1000 LP.
There's also a Winc AmEx offer for $15 off $30 that can be used multiple times.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 1:51 pm

Programs: Asiana Club Diamond (*G), AA PPro (OWE), Korean Air Skypass MC (STE)
Albertsons shopping miles clawback

Just been reviewing my account and saw two reversals for Albertsons grocery purchases, both pretty small transactions of $50 and $68, originally posted as miles and LPs but now it seems as though the miles have been reversed but the LPs remain...?
I sent off a comment on the eshopping portal but just wondering if anyone has had anything similar and know why?
Thanks

Last edited by LittleBird; Jul 18, 2022 at 3:56 pm Reason: grammar
Old Jul 18, 2022, 10:50 am

Want to share a positive experience with purchasing a Motley Fool subscription this week. It took only three days from purchase, I received my 7400 LP in my AA account for the $85 cost (includes taxes). The miles applied toward my status, in addition to my award miles available to book travel. Not sure how the miles were awarded so quickly when a person has 30 days to cancel a subscription to Motley Fool. Although I find MF pretty useless, It is a affordable way to acquire miles.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by bgasser
Want to share a positive experience with purchasing a Motley Fool subscription this week. It took only three days from purchase, I received my 7400 LP in my AA account for the $85 cost (includes taxes). The miles applied toward my status, in addition to my award miles available to book travel. Not sure how the miles were awarded so quickly when a person has 30 days to cancel a subscription to Motley Fool. Although I find MF pretty useless, It is a affordable way to acquire miles.
Please check back in a couple months after they bombard you with emails to let us know if it was a positive experience!
Cooper21 likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by njvandy
Please check back in a couple months after they bombard you with emails to let us know if it was a positive experience!
Or when they auto-renew you next year.

But you're right. It is a good chunk of LPs for the money.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA, WN
I would like to say something about Motley Fool.
1. It's a great deal and you get 7400 LP easily and fast (mine within 3 days)
2. You can turn off auto-renewal easily
3. You can stop those many emails easily
4. It actually gives solid advice, but be mindful that it's almost like an amplifier. When NSADAQ gained 2% a day, my position can gain 6% a day. With recent downturn, while NASDAQ lose 5% a day, mine went down 10%. So use it at your own risk.
nk15 likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by Rhomboid
4. It actually gives solid advice, but be mindful that it's almost like an amplifier. When NSADAQ gained 2% a day, my position can gain 6% a day. With recent downturn, while NASDAQ lose 5% a day, mine went down 10%. So use it at your own risk.
Six months in and I still havent figured out how to do 3.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by coleslaw
Six months in and I still havent figured out how to do 3.
There is no way to stop the garbage emails other than closing your account.

Of course you can filter them and send them straight to spam where they belong.
Antarius likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Rhomboid
Could you please let me know where to change the auto renew setting? Thank you in advance!
Old Jul 19, 2022, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Is there a link to the Motley Fool bonus?

And any other high bonus, low cost deals? I'm finding traveling as a Kettle really sucks and would like to get my status back ASAP.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.