Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Targeted: Citi AAdvantage 1.2-1.5 miles per $ until May 31, 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Targeted: Citi AAdvantage 1.2-1.5 miles per $ until May 31, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2010, 11:51 am

Programs: AA-Plt, UA-1P, PC Plt, National ECEE
1.2 mi/$1 for me. Registration code worked fine the first time.

I'm glad I saw this thread yesterday. The folded postcard was waiting in my mailbox when I got home.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by ruhbjj
Can you post the code with the phone number?
This is a note to all who want the offer but did not receive it... YOU CANT GET IT (sorry!).

The offer must appear on your account (they dont just mail those things randomly-they are targeted). If the offer does not appear on your account, the CS rep cannot enroll you.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Can someone please post the telephone number for this,if it is not the same one on the back of your card?

I have shredded so much junk mail this week,I'd hate to discover this was available to me. If so,I would assume that CITI would be able to see this promo attached to my account. Thanks
Old Feb 25, 2010, 1:30 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by freeflyin
Can someone please post the telephone number for this,if it is not the same one on the back of your card?

I have shredded so much junk mail this week,I'd hate to discover this was available to me. If so,I would assume that CITI would be able to see this promo attached to my account. Thanks
IIRC, just having the telephone number will do no good. It was a purely automated process to enroll in the program - call the number, enter in your promo code on the postcard, and then you're done.

I had a question about the program after I enrolled. I was able to call the normal number on the back of the card to talk to a CSR who was able to answer my queries. So I know they can see that you're enrolled, but I don't know if they'd be able to see that you're eligible for enrollment. May not hurt to call and ask...
Old Feb 25, 2010, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by JY1024
IIRC, just having the telephone number will do no good. It was a purely automated process to enroll in the program - call the number, enter in your promo code on the postcard, and then you're done.

I had a question about the program after I enrolled. I was able to call the normal number on the back of the card to talk to a CSR who was able to answer my queries. So I know they can see that you're enrolled, but I don't know if they'd be able to see that you're eligible for enrollment. May not hurt to call and ask...
To answer this, yes.

I actually called CITI bc that automated # wasnt working for me.. and while I was waiting for her to do her things I was asking some random questions. How it works is that they decide you are eligible (targeted) they note the account under a "rewards" tab on your account that they can access. Then they generate the mail-out. When you call to accept/sign up, they (or a computer) goes under that tab and follows the link to sign you up. As long as it is there, you are done. But as she said, if it not there, they do not have the ability to see/add it because of internal controls, specifically the segregation of duties.

Last edited by ssafro1; Feb 25, 2010 at 2:20 pm
Old Feb 25, 2010, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Hyatt Diamond, MR Platinum, PC Platinum, SPG Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by zman
Untill AA/Citi offers Points toward status as DL/AX does, I have NO interest.
They do? I don't see any in my account.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Hmm... My wife got a different promo offer yesterday. 250 mile bonus for every $1000 in spend until May 31. So that's 1.25, but I get the impression that the bonus may not kick in until you hit the $1000 spend level, then $2000 spend threshold, and so on. The letter didn't spell it out more clearly.

Called the toll free number to register. I just had to input the offer code on the mailing. Did not have to speak to a human and did not have to enter the full credit card number. (That is good. I get a little concerned when I get these promos that it could be a highly sophisticated phishing scam to get my credit card number.)

I don't quite understand how they select people for these targeted promos. My wife now has 2 promos running (her other one is double points on grocery and drugstore purchases with her Marriott branded Chase VISA card thru March 31). I've got none.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by JY1024
So I know they can see that you're enrolled, but I don't know if they'd be able to see that you're eligible for enrollment. May not hurt to call and ask...
Originally Posted by ssafro1
To answer this, yes.

I actually called CITI bc that automated # wasnt working for me.. and while I was waiting for her to do her things I was asking some random questions. How it works is that they decide you are eligible (targeted) they note the account under a "rewards" tab on your account that they can access. Then they generate the mail-out. When you call to accept/sign up, they (or a computer) goes under that tab and follows the link to sign you up. As long as it is there, you are done. But as she said, if it not there, they do not have the ability to see/add it because of internal controls, specifically the segregation of duties.
^ Thanks for the info - glad to know that there is recourse should one either have issues with the phone system or lose/not receive their postcard.

I came home today to find the postcard sitting happily in my mailbox. I got the same promo last fall - very cool that they're letting me do it again. Time to shift spending from the *wood AMEX over to the Citi card for a few months...
Old Feb 26, 2010, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2mm SPG Gold HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GetawaysRus
Hmm... My wife got a different promo offer yesterday. 250 mile bonus for every $1000 in spend until May 31. So that's 1.25, but I get the impression that the bonus may not kick in until you hit the $1000 spend level, then $2000 spend threshold, and so on. The letter didn't spell it out more clearly.

Called the toll free number to register. I just had to input the offer code on the mailing. Did not have to speak to a human and did not have to enter the full credit card number. (That is good. I get a little concerned when I get these promos that it could be a highly sophisticated phishing scam to get my credit card number.)

I don't quite understand how they select people for these targeted promos. My wife now has 2 promos running (her other one is double points on grocery and drugstore purchases with her Marriott branded Chase VISA card thru March 31). I've got none.
My wife got the exact same offer. Yes you only earn 250 miles for every $1000. I would think they send things like this outto those who do not use the card much. my wife only only used the card to spend the $750 required to get the bonus. With this promo I will use the card again. My wife is 80,000 miles short of 1 million.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
I got the 20% offer. To register, one needs the "invitation number" crudely affixed on the outside; mine had been ripped by someone, presumably thinking they could register with it! Anyway, I called the CS number and they registered me without that number.

Lesson: As others have said, if you were never sent an invitation, you can't register. However, if you have discarded/lost/misplaced your postcard, you can still register by calling CS.

Got to remember to open and read all Citibank mailings. This one really looked like junk mail and would have been easy to throw away.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by aktchi
I got the 20% offer. To register, one needs the "invitation number" crudely affixed on the outside; mine had been ripped by someone, presumably thinking they could register with it! Anyway, I called the CS number and they registered me without that number.

Lesson: As others have said, if you were never sent an invitation, you can't register. However, if you have discarded/lost/misplaced your postcard, you can still register by calling CS.

Got to remember to open and read all Citibank mailings. This one really looked like junk mail and would have been easy to throw away.
IIRC, they actually sent me the postcard twice during the promo last fall. (I think the second one came in the mail about 3 weeks later.)
Old Feb 26, 2010, 9:31 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Another data point

I'm a gold, I got the 20% bonus offer. No problem registering.

My wife is an AA-nothing now, has the same card I do (her own, not an additional card), and got no bonus offer.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 11:01 pm

Programs: AA - EXP 2MM+, Marriott PLT, UA, National Exec
1.2 mi/$1 for me. Registration code worked fine the first time.

Thanks for the post!

Cheers.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 8:04 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Smile Easy Registration

Automated system worked for me and Mrs. Middle_Seat (both 1.2 miles).

There are some pauses during the call. BE SURE and stay on the line to hear and acknowledge the terms and conditions, else no bonus miles for you.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 11:00 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat (LT Plat 2.1 MM),United S, SPG P, Marriott P, Hyatt Diamond *-)-
I'm an AA gold and AAdvantage CC holder - should I have gotten the postcard?

I get so much mail, and am so tired when I open it, I might have thrown it out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.