Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Discrepancy between QF and CX award search and AA availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discrepancy between QF and CX award search and AA availability

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2015, 5:35 pm

Have you checked the JL website?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 5:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by corrad
Perhaps AA is going down the road of starnet blocking similar to UA?
No.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by JonNYC
No.
care to elaborate more than just a straight no? when BA, JL, and QF all showing seats being available, one has to wonder what is the reason that AA does not have the award seat on CX

BA is currently showing 5 awards seat and yet the AA agent again claims there is none

Last edited by corrad; Mar 2, 2015 at 4:07 am
Old Mar 2, 2015, 5:25 am

Same thing last week on a first class award from JFK-NRT on JL.. BA showed seats, but EXP agent could not see it...
Old Mar 2, 2015, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
I have been told in the past that AA does not have access to all the award inventory on certain partner carriers. That the partner "assigns" a portion they are willing to allow others to use keeping the rest for their own members. I have no way to prove that, but it sure sounded reasonable at the time.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by corrad
care to elaborate more than just a straight no? when BA, JL, and QF all showing seats being available, one has to wonder what is the reason that AA does not have the award seat on CX

BA is currently showing 5 awards seat and yet the AA agent again claims there is none
Originally Posted by RTW4
Same thing last week on a first class award from JFK-NRT on JL.. BA showed seats, but EXP agent could not see it...
I'd suggest calling again. I've found some agents better than others at seeing CX award space. If the agent doesn't see it, ask the agent to check a specific segment rather than an orig-to-dest search. I believe the latter doesn't always find space.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism
I'd suggest calling again. I've found some agents better than others at seeing CX award space. If the agent doesn't see it, ask the agent to check a specific segment rather than an orig-to-dest search. I believe the latter doesn't always find space.
Experienced this problem this afternoon. CX has an available award seat (viewable to BA and QF websites) that I would like to grab but EXP desk says they can't see the inventory. I've HUCA 4-5x now and keep getting the same response from AA.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 11:53 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
It appears JL does not show the same CX award availability as AA and BA do. For the past 2 days JL has shown 2 F seats available on a flight I want, but it doesn't show up on the BA website and AA says only 1 F seat is available.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
It appears JL does not show the same CX award availability as AA and BA do. For the past 2 days JL has shown 2 F seats available on a flight I want, but it doesn't show up on the BA website and AA says only 1 F seat is available.
Yes, partner award seats are released differently. What's showing on CX does not make it available to AA or others. And since AA does not show you what has been release to them you must call to find out.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Yes, partner award seats are released differently. What's showing on CX does not make it available to AA or others. And since AA does not show you what has been release to them you must call to find out.
I wasn't looking at the CX website. I was looking at the JL website (or the OneWorld JL Method on KVS), which most people rely on for matching what's showing on BA and available by calling AA.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 10:42 pm
JSD

Programs: QF P1/LTG; AA 1MM; UA 1MM
Any recent experiences with this? The CX flights I want are showing award availability in J on qantas.com.au, but the EXP desk can't see them (I've tried two different agents).

Has anyone had success when this happens, and if so, what was the trick?
Old Dec 15, 2015, 12:02 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by JSD
Any recent experiences with this? The CX flights I want are showing award availability in J on qantas.com.au, but the EXP desk can't see them (I've tried two different agents).

Has anyone had success when this happens, and if so, what was the trick?
Have you checked the BA or JL sites?
Old Jan 5, 2016, 11:20 am

Programs: AA plat
What am I doing wrong? I see plenty of availability on HKG - BKK route on CX (KVStool) but AA desk can't see any. Should I just call again?
Old Feb 17, 2016, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
They couldn't see JL space in F for jfk-Sin. I had to feed them the flight numbers and they could see the space then. Not sure why I had to give them the information as shouldn't Sabre show award seats if they are available. I always try to do my homework and have the flts I want available to feed to the res agent.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 2:09 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
CX Award appearances - disappearances

I've been looking T-330 days out and last week I'd find seats using BA and other tools like KVS only to call AA and get told - nothing!! Why?

I even called back a few times or would call Alaska Airlines to see what others might find and again was told - nothing. Weird as I've always had success with these tools.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.