KUP7 fares that book into first on 3 class transcons

Old Jun 12, 2009, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

KUP7 fares that book into first on 3 class transcons

I just booked LAX-JFK-SJU-JFK-LAX for later this summer and lo and behold, an instant upgrade fare appeared for $607 each way that booked into A on the outbound transcon and D on the inbound transcon. Typically, YUP-type fares book only into business class, but this one is booking into First Class. Years ago, YUPs often booked into A, but AA wised up and embargoed the three class flights. Perhaps AA is relaxing those rules?
Old Jun 12, 2009, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by FWAAA
I just booked LAX-JFK-SJU-JFK-LAX for later this summer and lo and behold, an instant upgrade fare appeared for $607 each way that booked into A on the outbound transcon and D on the inbound transcon. Typically, YUP-type fares book only into business class, but this one is booking into First Class. Years ago, YUPs often booked into A, but AA wised up and embargoed the three class flights. Perhaps AA is relaxing those rules?

yes just got myself FC on the 777 LAX/MIA and returning 762 in FC on JFK /LAX on a trip to DR
Old Jun 13, 2009, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This was mentioned in another thread at some point in the last few days. LAX-SJU seemed to offer the lowest fares I could find, but I think there were other Caribbean cities with similar or slightly higher fares.

It smells to me like a complete oversight by revenue management. There's no way they should be permitting access to the AFS F cabin for $600 one-way, particularly when that only covers about 60% of the total trip mileage.

Worth noting, you can buy this as a one-way fare ex-LAX...
Old Jun 13, 2009, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Anyone come up with anything comparable ex-JFK?
Old Jun 14, 2009, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Blumie
Anyone come up with anything comparable ex-JFK?
Tried a bunch of cities in Mexico (mostly codeshares I guess), and couldn't come up with anything.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 10:09 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Looks like these have gone. They price up more expensive via JFK now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.