FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   skylink at DFW (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/864933-skylink-dfw.html)

stive1 Sep 10, 2008 6:41 pm

skylink at DFW

Looking for some help with possible connections for an upcoming flight and the use of skylink. Do the shuttles run in both directions? If I arrive at terminal C and need to get over to D just curious which way I should go to get there the quickest. Thanks for the help.

brp Sep 10, 2008 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by stive1 (Post 10347824)
Looking for some help with possible connections for an upcoming flight and the use of skylink. Do the shuttles run in both directions? If I arrive at terminal C and need to get over to D just curious which way I should go to get there the quickest. Thanks for the help.

Yup, it runs both ways, and quite quickly. What are the parameters of your connection?

Cheers.

HNL Sep 10, 2008 6:47 pm

SkyLink is bi-directional.

Details can be found on the DFW Airport website

http://www.dfwairport.com/get/page.php?ctnid=24432

swag Sep 10, 2008 7:13 pm

There are signs in the stations that tell you which train to take for each terminal.

Note that the order, as you ride the train, is A-C-E-D-B-A, which has been know to confuse/freak-out some passengers. If you go from C to D and en route, find yourself at E, no, you haven't missed your stop.

AEpilot76 Sep 10, 2008 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by stive1 (Post 10347824)

Although, if you arrive at C2 or low C gates, and depart from D40 or one of the "high" D gates the escalators/walkway are probably the easiest and fastest

dayone Sep 10, 2008 8:02 pm

And from Low B to to High C, taking the first train in either direction will usually get you there faster.

PhlyingRPh Sep 10, 2008 8:32 pm

Be prepared for the train to run in only one direction after midnight. The other night I arrived at A and needed to get my car in B but had to take the one-way train through C, E and D to get to B - a 10 minute ride. It was only after getting off the train that I realized I could have just walked the bridge from A to B.:mad:

AADJ Sep 11, 2008 8:40 am

I agree because of the other terminals you have to go thru on the Link I usually walk between terminals. Note: you cannot walk from terminal E to the others. I guess they didn't want conveinient AAccess from the misc step-child airline term. I always park in D terminal and go thru the center security by the Hyatt. It opens about 6:30AM and has short lines as long as they have not had an international arrival dump out to it.

formeraa Sep 11, 2008 10:59 am

Originally Posted by PhlyingRPh (Post 10348335)
Be prepared for the train to run in only one direction after midnight. The other night I arrived at A and needed to get my car in B but had to take the one-way train through C, E and D to get to B - a 10 minute ride. It was only after getting off the train that I realized I could have just walked the bridge from A to B.:mad:

Wow, you were delayed less than 10 minutes! How appalling of DFW airport not to personally inform every passenger of all of their options!!!;)

PhlyingRPh Sep 11, 2008 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by formeraa (Post 10351225)
Wow, you were delayed less than 10 minutes! How appalling of DFW airport not to personally inform every passenger of all of their options!!!;)

I'm glad you get the seriousness of the situation :D

Actually, I am used to being in my car within one minute of exiting the United gates in B, so if I have to walk 3 mins to Terminal Link in A, wait 5 mins for a train, sit on the train 10 mins then walk to the center of B for 3 mins in order to exit the secure area, then walk another 4 mins to my car, well dude, that just rocks my world.

swag Sep 11, 2008 12:55 pm

Well, a complete loop around the airport is exactly 20 minutes, so if your ride was really 10, then it wouldn't have mattered which way around the train was running.

rove312 Jan 28, 2009 9:54 pm

Bringing up this old thread...

Are there signs saying to walk to this range of gates, take Skylink to the others (and one would have the option of expanding the walking range if one wished)?

Are the stops marked with the range of gates served?

SJOGuy Jan 28, 2009 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by rove312 (Post 11161612)
Bringing up this old thread...Are there signs saying to walk to this range of gates, take Skylink to the others (and one would have the option of expanding the walking range if one wished)?

No signs like this that I've noticed.

Yes.

captaink Jan 28, 2009 10:17 pm

Are there signs saying to walk to this range of gates, take Skylink to the others (and one would have the option of expanding the walking range if one wished)?

Yes, the automated voice and signs should tell you the range of gates served at each stop

zski1 Jan 29, 2009 7:24 am

Actually, if you look at the overhead signs in the terminals, you'll have some gates listed next to one arrow pointing in a direction you'd have to walk, and the other arrow pointing towards the skylink. I believe one place they do this is near the low B gates, where the sign in effect says to walk to the high D gates and take skylink for the rest of the D's. Either that or it's around the high D gates where the sign says to walk to the low B and some C gates, and take Skylink everywhere else.

In any case, you can easily walk up to one of the DFW airport terminal maps to see how far it would be to walk where you want to go. I find for any connection longer than about 45 minutes you could easily walk anywhere in the airport (except to E) and still make your plane.

-z