Traditional Meal Times on AA?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2008, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by JDiver
Main Cabin Meal Windows:
Breakfast: 04:00 – 09:00
Lunch: 12:00 - 13:00
Dinner: 17:30 – 19:00
Hmmmm. I can't seem to find an answer... DH is going to LHR tomorrow. AA 78 @ 7:25 pm (DFW-LHR) in economy. HE thinks they will feed him (dinner)...I am not so confident... Who is correct? Thanks
Old Dec 3, 2008, 10:34 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, AC Member, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
aa.com shows that the meals for flight 78 in economy are dinner and breakfast.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by photodave
aa.com shows that the meals for flight 78 in economy are dinner and breakfast.
It does Where did you find it? It doesn't say anything on the itin page. Thanks for the info ^
Old Dec 3, 2008, 11:31 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, AC Member, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by ALadyNCal
It does Where did you find it? It doesn't say anything on the itin page. Thanks for the info ^
If you pretend you're booking a flight, you'll see it in the flight details section when you're choosing your itinerary.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 5:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
What are "traditional meal times"

Hi All,

I have looked through the stickies and gone through aa.com but cannot find anywhere that stipulates what actually are considered "traditional meal times" on AA flights. Can anyone point me in the right direction or does anyone know off-hand what these times are? I.E. a 1:05pm flight out of JFK to SJU would that qualify for a lunch service? And would a 9:10am flight from SJU - DFW qualify for a breakfast service or would 9am be a cut-off time for example?

Thanks for your help as usual.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by wijibintheair
Hi All,

I have looked through the stickies and gone through aa.com but cannot find anywhere that stipulates what actually are considered "traditional meal times" on AA flights. Can anyone point me in the right direction or does anyone know off-hand what these times are? I.E. a 1:05pm flight out of JFK to SJU would that qualify for a lunch service? And would a 9:10am flight from SJU - DFW qualify for a breakfast service or would 9am be a cut-off time for example?

Thanks for your help as usual.
If you look up these flights on aa.com, specifically for the premium cabin, you will see that the 1:05 JFK departure is a designated lunch flight and the 9:10 am SJU departure to DFW is a designated breakfast flight. Economy will offer meals and snacks for purchase.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 8:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by bdemaria
If you look up these flights on aa.com, specifically for the premium cabin, you will see that the 1:05 JFK departure is a designated lunch flight and the 9:10 am SJU departure to DFW is a designated breakfast flight. Economy will offer meals and snacks for purchase.
Hi bdemaria - thanks for the post and the clarification it is much appreciated - do you know if it works just purely on an individual flight basis (given the flight is over a certain length of time) or is there a specific published time schedule i.e. nothing after 1:30pm or 2:00pm departure qualifies for lunch etc - just wondering
Old Jul 31, 2009, 10:52 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by wijibintheair
I have looked through the stickies and gone through aa.com but cannot find anywhere that stipulates what actually are considered "traditional meal times" on AA flights.
Hi wijibintheair! Your thread has now been merged into another recent thread on this topic and I've added it to the User's Guide Sticky and the Wiki Planes & Seats page. Upthread, it sounds like meal times are not applied consistently for different flights, so one's best bet is to check each flight individually.

/Moderator
Old Aug 21, 2009, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP
How are delayed flights catered? According to their original departure time or based on the new delayed departure time?
Old Aug 21, 2009, 1:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by riteshraja
How are delayed flights catered? According to their original departure time or based on the new delayed departure time?
Generally it will be by original departure time.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors
Originally Posted by riteshraja
In my experience they are catered according to the originally scheduled departure time.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 1:59 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by LTRS
In my experience they are catered according to the originally scheduled departure time.
Definitely. Even with several hours of delay they don't have the resources to re-cater the flights. Not to mention the waste if they did.

They're also catered based on original destination. Earlier this year our SFO-MIA 757 went inop and we stole the 763 bound for HNL. Macadamia nut pancakes ala (some hawai'ian chef) were tasty

Cheers.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
By the way, the Snack/Brunch designation in SABRE is a well-known bug! It's been around for decades and it takes a manual entry to change it back to a "normal" meal code. I hear there's a prize for the SABRE programmer who can find and fix this bug.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 9:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
AA269 JFK-SEA is set to serve "Dinner" even though it departs at 3:55PM in the winter schedule.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 10:04 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, AA EXP
Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
AA269 JFK-SEA is set to serve "Dinner" even though it departs at 3:55PM in the winter schedule.
Is that unusual? I thought all transcons always served breakfast, lunch or dinner throughout the day until after 7:30PM when a snack is served.

The one that always miffs me is ORD-LAX in the early afternoons. It says "snack" for F meals but I always remember these flights offering fairly substantive meals even during snack hours in the afternoon.

- T

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.