AAdvantage Enrollment / Signup Bonuses (archival)

Subscribe
Hi all!This is my first post on flyertalk.

First of all let me introduce myself, i am from Caracas,Venezuela.Currently i am planning on joining AAdvantage program, as i just turned 19 and fly on medium-long haul flights on a yearly basis.3 times a year at least,every year.

As you can see,i believe its time i open my first flyer program! So ive heard that the best way is by applying on aa.com,but before i apply are there any promotions extra miles,codes i should be aware of?? I want to do things right from the start.I know AA is supposed to automatically give you a number of miles just by joining.But,i don't know if they are different methods of joining that gives you more miles or something aliked.

Also i am flying First in a week or so,from CCS-MIA and MIA-MEX.How many miles do you think ill get? Thank You!
Bienvenido a FlyerTalk, amigo Venezolano!

I don't think they have any incentive miles for opening an account, but be sure to get one and be sure it is in your itinerary record ("PNR") so you get credit for your miles (which last 18 months form your last activity - easy to keep them alive with any activity at all.) (Wrong! Follow miamigrad's advice for 1,000 bonus miles.)NOT AVAILABLE in 2010...

For distances, a good took many of us use (others are listed in the Unofficial Users' Guide sticky thread,) the the Great Circle Mapper.

In Business (international Business, domestic First) you can earn this many miles CCS-MIA-MEX, and you earn a bonus for Business of 25%.

If you fly this round trip within three months, you could earn AAdvantage Gold with an undocumented program called the Challenge - read the sticky thread on this, especially the first page and most recent posts, and you will get the idea pretty fast. That will learn you 25% bonus miles.

You can also download PDF schedules every month from aa.com - link in the Guide- and they list the miles between city pairs too.
SEE UPDATE BELOW - POST KEPT FOR HISTORICAL REFERENCE

Quote:
<snip>

I don't think they have any incentive miles for opening an account, ...

<snip>
Here's a page on AA.com that used to provide bonus mileage for signing up. To be honest, I'm not sure if it is still active, but it can't hurt to try IMO

http://www.aa.com/aa/i18nForward.do?...tle=bnrenroll2

JANUARY 2010 UPDATE
This BNR code no longer works. However, as of this post (01/01/10), you can get 1,000 bonus miles during the enrollment process from this page: http://www.aa.com/soccer
Hola mvtm y bienvenido!

As far as I know, there are no current bonus offers just for opening an AAdvantage account.

You can however benefit from earning bonus miles each time you reserve and purchase tickets on aa.com (up to 250 miles for coach and 500 miles for business flights). Although this bonus was withdrawn for US members, it still applies to us here in amrica latina. Here's the extract from the Argentina aa.com site:

"Esta bonificacin aplica nicamente para socios AAdvantage residentes en Argentina, Bolivia, Brasil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mxico, Nicaragua, Panam, Per, Repblica Dominicana, Uruguay y Venezuela que reserven y compren su boleto va AA.com o AA.com/espaol."

Suerte!
Quote: You can also download PDF schedules every month from aa.com - link in the Guide- and they list the miles between city pairs too.
Yes, and no. This is actually an issue I ran into with the (in)famous AAdvantage spreadsheet. The majority of the distances are in there correctly, but a fair number of them are off by 1-10 miles. Nothing major, and generally not a big deal but it should be noted that the .pdf schedule isn't always going to give the exact answer.

Pricing out your flights on aa.com will tell you miles for all AA-operated legs, though - and that number is almost always correct.
I haven't heard of AA giving miles for signing up for sometime. Depending on how close together some of your trips are, I would consider doing as an earlier poste suggested and doing a "Challenge" to gain status.
The page says " Become a member instantly online - then, simply visit www.aa.com/offers and enter promo code BNR08 to earn 1,000 AAdvantage miles!"

Good find, and thanks for sharing!

And what McFlyPHL says is spot on - the mileage changes from time to time, but not by much - we're talking single digit changes. And no, I don't think it has anything to do with Continental Drift. For general purposes, Great Circle Mapper and PDF schedules will be close.

Quote: Here's a page on AA.com that used to provide bonus mileage for signing up. To be honest, I'm not sure if it is still active, but it can't hurt to try IMO

http://www.aa.com/aa/i18nForward.do?...tle=bnrenroll2
Quote: The page says " Become a member instantly online - then, simply visit www.aa.com/offers and enter promo code BNR08 to earn 1,000 AAdvantage miles!"

Good find, and thanks for sharing!

And what McFlyPHL says is spot on - the mileage changes from time to time, but not by much - we're talking single digit changes. And no, I don't think it has anything to do with Continental Drift. For general purposes, Great Circle Mapper and PDF schedules will be close.
Hi,after reading the first post i run and created my AAdvantage,though i still have to create my parents ones.When entering the site for registering their accounts,i havent been able to notice where i am supposed to submit the BNR08 for the 1,000 miles.Anyone?.. because i dont see it,when i hit enroll it goes only to the personal information page...

Before doing my parents account i want to know if i am actually able to get them the miles! I am actually feeling remorse for creating mines,before knowing that maybe i could have gotten those extra miles.

Thanks to all,
PS: I am she,not he!
Upa! Perdneme, amiga Venezolana.

AA posts miles 2 - 3 times weekly ion batches - but there is one bit of the offer that says: "AAdvantage bonus miles will post four to six weeks after first time enrollment. Bonus miles do not count toward elite status qualification."

So, you sign up and wait, and wait... There is probably no coincidence that "American Airlines" has three letter "S" - and so does "maana."

Quote: Hi,after reading the first post i run and created my AAdvantage,though i still have to create my parents ones.When entering the site for registering their accounts,i havent been able to notice where i am supposed to submit the BNR08 for the 1,000 miles.Anyone?.. because i dont see it,when i hit enroll it goes only to the personal information page...

Before doing my parents account i want to know if i am actually able to get them the miles! I am actually feeling remorse for creating mines,before knowing that maybe i could have gotten those extra miles.

Thanks to all,
PS: I am she,not he!
Because of your long haul flights, you might want to consider a platinum (or gold) challenge that will could get you to a status level quickly. View the stickies and search for "challenge" for further info. You seem an ideal candidate.
Gracias, y un besito a todos!

Myself and my husband have also just benefited (I hope!) from this thread.

An additional question:
Once registered the website says: "You will receive a membership card in the mail after your first AAdvantage mileage transaction."

Will getting the bonus miles count as our first AAdvantage mileage transaction or will we need to wait until after our first flight? (with AY in November)
You will receive it after your first flight.

Enjoy

Quote: Gracias, y un besito a todos!

An additional question:
Once registered the website says: "You will receive a membership card in the mail after your first AAdvantage mileage transaction."

Will getting the bonus miles count as our first AAdvantage mileage transaction or will we need to wait until after our first flight? (with AY in November)
De nada!

Just be sure to keep the numbers so you can request they be added to your AY records if they are not in there already. And to keep your AY boarding passes (only send copies) in case AA needs them to credit your miles.

Buen viaje!

Quote: Gracias, y un besito a todos!

An additional question:

Will do.

Thanks again!
Any promo/bonus for signing up for AAdvantage account right now?