Old Dec 16, 2013, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

Note: Main Cabin Extra has been rolled out for the 767-323ER; the forward coach mini-cabin has gone from four to three rows of seats, and which of them are best are discussed here:
Best MCE / Main Cabin Extra seats on the 763 / 767-300 (consolidated).

AA thread describing MCE . . . . . . . . . . . FT main general MCE thread
Print Wikipost

Best 763 / 767-300ER coach / Y seat / seating (consolidated)

Old Jul 8, 2008, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Best 763 / 767-300ER coach / Y seat / seating (consolidated)

I've spent at least 60 minutes trying to find a thread addressing this so forgive me if I missed it. Is so just point me there.

Traveling on a 763 to Paris later in the month, currently with coach seats 20 H/J. Seatguru doesn't like them at all.

What are the 'best' coach seats to have on the 763 (for two people traveling together)?

And for the record, I turned in my confirmed J seat so I could take Mrs. Deac83 with us both in coach, hoping for a EVIP upgrade.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
21 A/B and 21 H/J would be preferable to row 20.

A lot depends on how full the flight is. A row of 3 seats toward the back - if have all three to yourself - would be preferable to any of the exit rows.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
21 not available

A bunch of center section seats are there, EXP says they could block a center seat.

Any specific rows to look for in the back would be great since I didn't see any mention from Seatguru on 'better' seats.

Also need a power port (so we don't care what movie they are showing) and most of the middle section have none.

Thanks for the input.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
If Seatguru doesn't specify certain seats as among the more fervently sought, then seats are geenrally equivalent - at least according to the thousands of people who have submitted detailed comments to SeatGuru.

SeatGuru's maps show power plug locations although AA's seat selection maps do not - at least for the 763.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 8:50 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
SeatGuru's maps show power plug locations although AA's seat selection maps do not - at least for the 763.
SeatGuru has 763 Vers. 1 and Vers. 2 for AA. It looks like the main difference is the location of power ports. How would I know if I will be flying on a Vers. 1 or Vers. 2 A/C?
Old Jul 8, 2008, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
This is so embarrassing. Am I the only one who didn't realize that the 763s had a Y cabin?
Old Jul 8, 2008, 9:08 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA 0.7MM
How about the bulkhead row with the center blocked? We flew that to Brussels and it was comfy.

You can also ask for row 17 at the airport, although for the longhauls I believe the FAs take some/all of them for rest areas.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by sithjedi333
How about the bulkhead row with the center blocked? We flew that to Brussels and it was comfy.

You can also ask for row 17 at the airport, although for the longhauls I believe the FAs take some/all of them for rest areas.
Row 17 on an int'l flight will not be an option.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 11:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Living the dream in Antigua and the nightmare in Florida
Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, *A Gold, WN detractor
Originally Posted by aaflier_RDU
SeatGuru has 763 Vers. 1 and Vers. 2 for AA. It looks like the main difference is the location of power ports. How would I know if I will be flying on a Vers. 1 or Vers. 2 A/C?
Version 2 has rows 43 and 44. Pull up the seat map for your flight to see if it has these rows.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by SJCFlyerLG
Version 2 has rows 43 and 44. Pull up the seat map for your flight to see if it has these rows.
Thanks for the response! My ADD kicked in before I got to the last rows of the plane .
Old Jul 8, 2008, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
see this URL for current seat map.
http://www.seatexpert.com/_AA_767_300_NGBC.html
ALL 767-300s now have this layout.

you do NOT want row 20 under any circumstances!!! they don't recline and on a long flight you won't be able to sleep, or even be comfortable sitting up, IMHO. There are worse seats, e.g. the very last row next to the lav, but row 20 is pretty bad.
If you are able to move to row 21, you'll have lots of legroom, but be sure to get an extra blanket, as it is (as seatexpert and seatguru say) usually quite cold next to the exit door/window.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, AA Lifetime Platinum, Delta PM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by billgrates3
see this URL for current seat map.
http://www.seatexpert.com/_AA_767_300_NGBC.html
ALL 767-300s now have this layout.

you do NOT want row 20 under any circumstances!!! they don't recline and on a long flight you won't be able to sleep, or even be comfortable sitting up, IMHO. There are worse seats, e.g. the very last row next to the lav, but row 20 is pretty bad.
If you are able to move to row 21, you'll have lots of legroom, but be sure to get an extra blanket, as it is (as seatexpert and seatguru say) usually quite cold next to the exit door/window.
I just changed my seat on my upcoming MIA-GIG flight from 20H to 21G because of the lack of recline. Ihave been checking every 20 minutes to see if 21B/H will open up. Keeping my fingers crossed. ^

Ps: Avoid rows 22-23 and 11-13 (CEG) because of the lack of power ports.

Edited (07/10/08): 21B just opened up and I booked it. Now I can watch my DVD, read in peace on a seat with decent leg room and ability to recline..

Last edited by NYC1K; Jul 10, 2008 at 3:07 pm
Old Jul 8, 2008, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, UA 2P, Marriott LTPP
Originally Posted by Blumie
This is so embarrassing. Am I the only one who didn't realize that the 763s had a Y cabin?
I didn't realize the 763 had an F cabin until this past weekend. That was the first time in 4 years that an upgrade cleared for me on a domestic 763 segment.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA 0.7MM
deleted
Old Jul 8, 2008, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Seats in the column that has the underseat (empty) video box are undesirable due to lack of legroom. B, E, H on one of the 763 configurations.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.