Wiki Posts
Search

New Contest--win 270,000 miles

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2008, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
New Contest--win 270,000 miles

They're trying to get people to sign up for AAdvantage Milestones fora. So, you get an entry with each travel tip you enter between now and 15 June (up to 10 max).

Grand Prize is 270K AA miles and 4 nights at St Regis Shanghai.
Old May 14, 2008, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2.5MM National EE
here is the link:
http://aadvantagemilestones.com/
Old May 15, 2008, 5:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by jabrams72
They're trying to get people to sign up for AAdvantage Milestones fora.
I like the prize but the privacy implications of their forum and the absence of freedom of speech sound nasty. Obviously, AAMilestones is sponsored by AA and they can do what they like, but this isn't replacing FT or other independent boards any time soon for me. For example:

Postings may not contain derogatory language about American Airlines or any of its products, services or affiliates.
USE OF DATA.. Sponsor will be collecting personal data about participants online, in accordance with its privacy policy.
Anything you post is associated with your AAdv number since you have to enter it as part of registration. Not my idea of fun, although I hope I win the prize after my requisite few harmless and inoffensive posts on their board...
Old Jun 2, 2008, 10:11 am

Stepfordtalk

I agree. The implications of milestones are creepy.

First and foremost, it is designed to look like a knock-off of Flyertalk. Second, all of the posts are screened by thought police.

There also seems to be data mining going on -- I'd make damn sure you don't use your Flyertalk handle there.

It's as if they are attempting to use the contest to artificially create a "community." I guess they hope people will come along and think it's real, but if people have to be bribed to post there and have big brother (an advertising agency?) watching over their shoulders, how much real expression do you expect?
Old Jun 2, 2008, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
So you think the AA censors over there might not allow us to post useful tips like "Get Admirals Club access for free by buying and then canceling refundable international biz class tickets."
Old Jun 2, 2008, 10:51 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Herb687
So you think the AA censors over there might not allow us to post useful tips like "Get Admirals Club access for free by buying and then canceling refundable international biz class tickets."

I'd say about 3/4 of our posts wouldn't make the cut.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 5:32 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by drtravels841
<redacted quote of deleted post>
Welcome to FlyerTalk

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 2, 2008 at 5:57 pm Reason: redact quoted deleted post
Old Jun 3, 2008, 12:01 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by hotdogs
SELECT * FROM pages WHERE pagesid=1

oops!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.