Stansted Turnaround

Old Jan 28, 2008, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Starwood Gold
Question Stansted Turnaround

Hi all,

I got a MR scheduled to STN for the coming weekend. Yes! It is a same day turnaround. The 763 will arrive at 8am and depart at 10:15 again. Any advice regarding STN would be much appreciated. One thing I could think of is to get all the boarding passes issued in the US (done it before).
Old Jan 28, 2008, 8:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Turbojet
Hi all,

I got a MR scheduled to STN for the coming weekend. Yes! It is a same day turnaround. The 763 will arrive at 8am and depart at 10:15 again. Any advice regarding STN would be much appreciated. One thing I could think of is to get all the boarding passes issued in the US (done it before).

Assuming you get the normal tailwinds typical of winter, you may arrive early. There is a Radisson adjacent to the terminal (5 minute walk) if you want to get a day room and take a quick shower.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA
STN is a relatively rapid airport... or seems that way after being in LHR.. I think you will have some time to kill.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 12:29 am

Programs: Various
Can't give any first hand info, but this was posted a few months ago. There was another thread with mention of an interim lounge until this one is completed, but no showers that I recall.

At Stansted, American is set to begin the construction of the American Airlines Business Lounge in Satellite Two. Scheduled for completion in Spring 2008 with seating capacity for 48 people, the lounge will feature amenities including a self-service bar, cyber cafe, wireless and wired Internet access, restrooms, and two shower rooms. Passengers will be able to board their flights directly from the Business Lounge.

AA Press Release Stansted UK
Old Jan 29, 2008, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Starwood Gold
Thank you for the info. I am more concerned about the crowd in the check-in line and the security line. For the best case scenario if everything goes according to plan, I'll have two hour to step out the aircraft and walk back on. Any experience with Ryanair crowd? Any one to shed some light? Thanks.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 3:19 am

Are you in Y or J?
Old Jan 29, 2008, 5:58 am

Just did this turnaround last weekend. Arrived early.. Immigration took 5 minutes... When you board if you are in BUSINESS class you get a ticket to the Radisson Hotel for a day room where I was able to take a quick shower, head on back to the terminal and get to gate 37 where the return flight was to depart. Had a LOT of time... NO problems... Make sure that BEFORE you head to the Radisson you check in for your return flight. Business class check in is at area K.. Excellent service both ways.....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.