FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   terminal change dfw ques. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/695800-terminal-change-dfw-ques.html)

nrr May 22, 2007 7:49 am

terminal change dfw ques.

I was trying to book a flight, connecting in dfw, to las. Two flights came up (dep. 30 min apart), one had a note "terminal change". What does this mean? I looked at a map of dfw and all terminals A-E are linked with the skylink(train) system, and how would aa know (6 months out) that my arriving flight would not be from the same terminal I am departing?
[PS: (1) On aa.com, when one does a search for dallas or dfw, nothing comes up--I went to dfw's airport page on the internet to see the airport map. (2) On such a heavily traveled route, why would aa place two flights from dfw to las almost back to back?]

JGR01 May 22, 2007 8:01 am

AA assigns flights to certain gate areas on a 'planning' basis. For example, all international ones fly in and out from Term D.

I travel DFW-MSP requently and they tend to use the high Term C gates for these flights.

There is a plan.

what happens the day of your flight is anyone's guess as this 'plan' can go all to heck.

BTW AA uses Term A, B, C and D .. they do not use Term E.

PS ... why two LAS flights close together? demand!

cynicAAl May 22, 2007 8:15 am

Originally Posted by nrr (Post 7777486)
I was trying to book a flight, connecting in dfw, to las. Two flights came up (dep. 30 min apart), one had a note "terminal change". What does this mean? I looked at a map of dfw and all terminals A-E are linked with the skylink(train) system, and how would aa know (6 months out) that my arriving flight would not be from the same terminal I am departing?
[PS: (1) On aa.com, when one does a search for dallas or dfw, nothing comes up--I went to dfw's airport page on the internet to see the airport map. (2) On such a heavily traveled route, why would aa place two flights from dfw to las almost back to back?]

you're an Executive Platinum and you haven't memorized the intricate detail of AA's largest hub yet ? How is that possible ? I'm there so often I'm starting to get mail there. :)

nrr May 22, 2007 8:30 am

Originally Posted by JGR01 (Post 7777551)

PS ... why two LAS flights close together? demand!

I would assume they would try to space flights out over the day to accomodate different connections. Its like waiting for a bus for 10 minutes and then 4 busses arrive at the same time.:)

JGR01 May 22, 2007 8:41 am

Originally Posted by nrr (Post 7777735)
I would assume they would try to space flights out over the day to accomodate different connections. Its like waiting for a bus for 10 minutes and then 4 busses arrive at the same time.:)

you mean like the busses DFW-ORD?!?!