Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what happens if i don't show up for the last leg of my flight?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2006, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum (2.6 Million Miles), Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, & Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by rbessler
Technically, this is against the rules. I believe the term is "throw away ticketing"... there are tons of situations where doing this would be significantly cheaper than the direct flight, and as a result, airlines nominally ban doing this. That being said, as a practical matter, you're alright doing it once or twice, but I would not consider doing it more than that, or making a habit of it, or youre likely to find your AAdvantage account under heavy scrutiny.

How can you prove that your account is under "heavy Scrutiny"? If I'm flying over 100,000 miles a year and spending around 30K in airfare, what are they going to do to me if I miss a ton of last legs on a trip??

I doubt that anyone at AA will think twice. Most of the time they will accommodate some of the stand-by passengers that are awaiting my seat.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Randal AA Flyer
How can you prove that your account is under "heavy Scrutiny"? If I'm flying over 100,000 miles a year and spending around 30K in airfare, what are they going to do to me if I miss a ton of last legs on a trip??

I doubt that anyone at AA will think twice. Most of the time they will accommodate some of the stand-by passengers that are awaiting my seat.
Go for it. Be sure to let us know how it comes out.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 10:01 pm

Programs: Herts Gold, Avis Select, Hilton VIP, AAdv Gold
Not a problem bags are short checked all the time. But missing a segment of your Itn, that cxls all seg after and no value unless it is a fully refundable tkt
Originally Posted by IceTrojan

I've been able to short-check my bags before (though not for the purpose of skipping the last legs). This was 1 1/2 years ago. Has it changed?
Old Sep 29, 2006, 6:17 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*,
Originally Posted by Agent 1
Not a problem bags are short checked all the time.
I tried that last year while traveling FLL-SJU-ORD-FRA. I have an office in the airport at SJU and wanted to check a computer to drop off there. I was told absolutely not. Even after politely explaining the situation I was refused and ended up carrying it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.