Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mysterious Promo codes: AA100/AA200/AA400

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2006, 8:14 am

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
i'm targetted for this, but didn't think i was going to make it because i fly too many low fare segments.

but, umm, well, let's just say that X is not Q, O, N, or S. and i fly a lot of X. and it's crediting just fine.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 5:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA
I've now had all 11 of my "FLY MORE GET MORE BONUS 6" post as 500 miles. Everyone else I've heard of seems to be getting 1,000. This is even on flights booked in Y, A, & P class. Is anyone else getting ony 500 per segment? Should I call?

This is how a recent trip in Full Y posted:

06/01/06 FLY MORE GET MORE BONUS 6 0 500 500
Old Jul 24, 2006, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Just a note on the AA300 Gold Challenge code mentioned. I had used this to sign up my mom for the Gold Challenge, as she had a couple trips scheduled for this summer. She received back an auto-email indicating that she was signed up. The last flight was last week so I was checking today to see if she was Gold. All the legs had posted, she had done about 5600 Q-Points total. But I saw no bonus miles and her status was still non-Gold, so I called AA. They were very nice, they told me the AA300 was only a targeted signup, that there was another code that had to be entered in her record from a phone call to indicate a reguler, non-targeted challenge signup. The email was a red herring - AA explained it that it didn't mean anything if you weren't eligible for it in the first place. But no harm done in the end, she converted my mom to Gold and gave the last leg bonus. I don't know if my EXP status helped in their treatment of this situation or not.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
So, you decided to register your mom for a targeted promotion that she wasn't targeted for?

I say you got lucky.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
So, you decided to register your mom for a targeted promotion that she wasn't targeted for?

I say you got lucky.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 3:43 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Governator
. A perfectly reasonable response, IMO. You did register her for a promotion for which she was not eligible...and you got lucky that they honored part of it. Why the negative response when someone points this out?

Cheers.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA EX PLT
why do they have to "target" these promotions? It just makes everyone confused including me...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.