Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mysterious Promo codes: AA100/AA200/AA400

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2006, 10:30 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, Marriott Platinum
Why don't you cancel Christmas too? Thanks for the info -- I guess it just shows that trying to sneak extra promos past AA is unlikely to work, regardless of whether there is a whole on the front end of the IT platform.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ExecDeskRep
Okay, FTers, here's the skinny on the mystery promos.

All four of the AA bonuses (AA100-AA400) are target audience promotions. The codes will be accepted for registration, but a separate code must appear in your account in order to receive the bonus.

The AA300 is basically a gold challenge for regular members. The AA400 is a platinum challenge for gold members--no bonuses.
Thanks for the info and popping by. I suspected they may have been targetted given that the AA200 simply seemed to be a less lucrative version of the AA100.

Is the EU100 promo targeted or open to all? I preseume the latter given you didn't address it in your post.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 7:52 pm

Programs: DL D, AA LTP 2.6MM, HHonors Diamond, Hertz President's Circle

All four of the AA bonuses (AA100-AA400) are target audience promotions. The codes will be accepted for registration, but a separate code must appear in your account in order to receive the bonus.

The AA300 is basically a gold challenge for regular members. The AA400 is a platinum challenge for gold members--no bonuses.

HTH,

ExecDeskRep
Excuse e for being dense on the fine qualities of this promotion...

so a PLAT that flies, say 25 segments during the promotional period gets squat (or the AA equivelant of such) for his or her efforts?
Old Apr 11, 2006, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by markdkc
Excuse e for being dense on the fine qualities of this promotion...

so a PLAT that flies, say 25 segments during the promotional period gets squat (or the AA equivelant of such) for his or her efforts?
I think that should be:
so anyone not pre-registered for 1 of the 4 promotions that flies, say 25 segments during the promotional period gets only the actual miles flown & segment credits normally associated with the flight plus any other promos they're actually registered for for his or her efforts?
Gold, Plat, EXP, VIP - doesn't matter
Old Apr 11, 2006, 8:44 pm

Programs: DL D, AA LTP 2.6MM, HHonors Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by ExtraInRedShirt
I think that should be:
so anyone not pre-registered for 1 of the 4 promotions that flies, say 25 segments during the promotional period gets only the actual miles flown & segment credits normally associated with the flight plus any other promos they're actually registered for for his or her efforts?
Gold, Plat, EXP, VIP - doesn't matter
Counselor, thank you for interpreting my question;

that is what I meant and mean!
Old Apr 24, 2006, 9:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CHM
Just recieved my first 1,000 miles for the AA100 promotion. It looks like this.

04/19/06 FLY MORE GET MORE BONUS 1 0 1,000 1,000

And these flights were part of the fly3 promo as well, so this is a good double dip.
Old Apr 24, 2006, 10:22 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Originally Posted by ipd054
Just recieved my first 1,000 miles for the AA100 promotion. It looks like this.
04/19/06 FLY MORE GET MORE BONUS 1 0 1,000 1,000
I note that ExecDeskRep said that you only get the bonuses if originally targetted:

So I wondered whether you were targetted?
Old Apr 24, 2006, 10:59 am

Programs: Peaked at AA PLT in '04 (Thanks to FT!) Dropped to Gold in '05, Trying 'Gold Challenge' for '06 :(

HTH,

ExecDeskRep
I do hope all the FT'ers that have registered for these two codes along with all the others realised what they were signing up for ... I'd hate to think they've wasted their opportunity of doing the challenges in the future.

I'm actually in the middle of doing the Gold Challenge myself and it's highly unlikely I can do the Plat one this year, so I'm glad I didn't register these codes.

Mind you, some people may suddenly get Gold and/or Plat status without knowing how it happened!

If ExecDeskRep is still watching ...

Sadly I'll never be able elite enough to call you, so may I please ask two quick questions?

1 - Many have asked but only someone like you can answer accurately ... Can one do a Gold or Plat challenge more than once???
2 - If someone did regret registering for a promo or other code, can they have the registration cancelled?

Thanks very much in advance!

Last edited by WebbyWunda; Apr 24, 2006 at 11:14 am
Old Apr 24, 2006, 11:43 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP (1.5MM), Hilton/SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by WebbyWunda
I do hope all the FT'ers that have registered for these two codes along with all the others realised what they were signing up for ... I'd hate to think they've wasted their opportunity of doing the challenges in the future.

I'm actually in the middle of doing the Gold Challenge myself and it's highly unlikely I can do the Plat one this year, so I'm glad I didn't register these codes.

Mind you, some people may suddenly get Gold and/or Plat status without knowing how it happened!

If ExecDeskRep is still watching ...

Sadly I'll never be able elite enough to call you, so may I please ask two quick questions?

1 - Many have asked but only someone like you can answer accurately ... Can one do a Gold or Plat challenge more than once???
2 - If someone did regret registering for a promo or other code, can they have the registration cancelled?

Thanks very much in advance!
Kindly explain in a different way why one wouldn't want to sign up for this promo?
Old Apr 24, 2006, 11:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CHM
I was targeted for the AA100
Old Apr 24, 2006, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond

HTH,

ExecDeskRep
Thanks for posting this info. They could check to see if you are in the target group on the front end, when you register (and give you a message that you aren't eligible), or on the back end, when they give the bonus. For some reason, they decided it would be better to let their customers think they were registered and would get the bonus when they would not. It might lead some people to fly more than they otherwise would, but they would end up mighty urinated off, doesn't seem like the best idea to me.
Old Apr 24, 2006, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, *S, BAEC Plain old blue
galling

Originally Posted by gemac
Thanks for posting this info. They could check to see if you are in the target group on the front end, when you register (and give you a message that you aren't eligible), or on the back end, when they give the bonus. For some reason, they decided it would be better to let their customers think they were registered and would get the bonus when they would not. It might lead some people to fly more than they otherwise would, but they would end up mighty urinated off, doesn't seem like the best idea to me.
What's even more galling is that my colleague who sits next to me at work (EXP, same travel profile as me, same miles for past two years...) gets targeted and I never get targeted. Last year he was also targeted for a trans-Atlantic 15k bonus. Same this year. For me? Nada. Just plain galling.
Old Apr 24, 2006, 2:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by gemac
Sounds perfectly logical to me
1) You get a hold of a code for which you (know) you werent targetted but you were able register on aa.com.
2) You book a bunch of flights to get the bonus.
3) You dont get the bonus.
4) You are pissed at AA, for not saving one from oneself.

Life couldnt be more simpler could it?

mike
Old Apr 24, 2006, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, OW Sapphire, QF Bronze, Marriott Silver, Starwood Gold; National Emerald
I have no idea how I missed seeing this thread before today! I've been looking in this forum nearly everyday.

Just signed up for AA100 and AA200. But I just finished my MR yesterday. Is it date register and dates of flights, or when flights post to the account (as they have not yet)?

I'll certainly try to mollify myself with the excuse that I wasn't targeted anyways, so I did not in fact miss it. :-(

Thanks for posting this--my fault for missing seeing it.

Steve
Old Apr 24, 2006, 2:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by steve32
I have no idea how I missed seeing this thread before today! I've been looking in this forum nearly everyday.

Just signed up for AA100 and AA200. But I just finished my MR yesterday. Is it date register and dates of flights, or when flights post to the account (as they have not yet)?

I'll certainly try to mollify myself with the excuse that I wasn't targeted anyways, so I did not in fact miss it. :-(

Thanks for posting this--my fault for missing seeing it.

Steve
The promo mailing quite clearly says in bold register prior to travel
so I suppose you might get lucky but AA has definately tightened up on these promos within the last two or so years.

mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.