Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citibank-AA reduced mileage awards-2nd Quarter

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2006, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Citibank-AA reduced mileage awards-2nd Quarter

Has anyone used the citibank reduced mileage award codes to book flights?
Also, do you know when they will come out with the cities for the second quarter. I'm trying to book an award flight to SJU (puerto rico) in May and wondering if I should wait for the reduced award codes to come out. Has anyone seen SJU on citibank's reduced award chart ever?
Old Jan 19, 2006, 11:04 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, spg gold, hhdiamond
Originally Posted by Dr.milology
Has anyone used the citibank reduced mileage award codes to book flights?
Also, do you know when they will come out with the cities for the second quarter. I'm trying to book an award flight to SJU (puerto rico) in May and wondering if I should wait for the reduced award codes to come out. Has anyone seen SJU on citibank's reduced award chart ever?

I was just looking for them and dont remember where to find the rewards listed? can anyone help with this request also?
Old Jan 19, 2006, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by nytango
I was just looking for them and dont remember where to find the rewards listed? can anyone help with this request also?
A search came up with this website:

http://www.citibank.com/us/cards/car...ard/globe6.jsp

Mike
Old Jan 19, 2006, 11:24 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, spg gold, hhdiamond
Originally Posted by nako
A search came up with this website:

http://www.citibank.com/us/cards/car...ard/globe6.jsp

Mike
thanks
Old Jan 19, 2006, 12:29 pm

We flew on these once to St. Thomas. They're very easy to use, and while you won't save a ton of miles, the little bit extra off is nice. The problem with them is that they do not come out that far in advance, so if you are trying to fly at the beginning of a quarter, you might run into trouble (i.e., capacity controls on award seats, or better yet, having to pay the rush fee because you booked too late). Also, I don't think you can book these on the internet, so you have to pay the telephone booking fee.

I do recall having seen SJU on the award chart. I would be surprised if it wasn't since they fly a number of flights there and the award seats always seem to be available, but my perspective could be skewed because I live in New York.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by kersie
Also, I don't think you can book these on the internet, so you have to pay the telephone booking fee.
I'm pretty sure this is true. I tried booking on line and holding the reservation, and then calling. I was told this isn't possible.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP; US Silver;Hilton Silver; Hyatt PLT
I got two reduced milage awards to Bermuda last May for 22,500 a piece.
Not a bad deal from SFO. It was easy to book using the EXP desk.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA gold MM, HH gold, SPG gold,
we've used these several times. Discount varies with level of CC. Several times we have found that no one knew the discounts for several weeks into the quarter, with both AA and Citibank passing the buck as to who should have the info. Don't recall seeing SJU, but STX is on with some frequency, usually Q's 3 and 4.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

when do they come out

Does anyone know when the 2nd quarter ones come out. I think I remember the first quarter ones came out in November sometime. Thanks for all your help.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 3:58 pm

The timeframe for release is very variable. I would say most likely will be mid february to be on the website. Sometimes it has been after the quarter starts. Just check the website every week or so. I do not remember seeing San Juan recently, but St. Thomas and St. Croix do show up fairly often.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by zachary
I'm pretty sure this is true. I tried booking on line and holding the reservation, and then calling. I was told this isn't possible.
Worked fine for me in April of last year. When in doubt call back later.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 4:19 pm
Suspended

I like the awards. I'm using a 22,500 mile to fly into CLO and out of UIO, which I think is a great deal. THere is a phone fee to use these awards and is outlined as such in the T & C.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 4:29 pm

Are the stopover rules the same as with a normal award?

I assume one must stay on AA metal with these.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 11:06 am
Original Poster

yes, I think the stopover rules are the same, and it must be on aa metal.
Old Jan 21, 2006, 12:24 pm

Programs: Starwood, Hilton, Delta, AA, UsAirways, AmWest, NWA, United
I booked two tickets with this discount to St. Maarten in hurricane season for 17,500 miles each and it worked out great. I have seen San Juan before but not frequently; like someone else mentioned, st. thomas and st. croix seem to be most frequent carib location. A few quarters ago they didn't post until a few days before the quarter started, but the last few quarter listings have been more timely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.