Wiki Posts
Search

Rumor-Pizza is coming back March 1st

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2006, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXPlt, SPG Plt, Nat EE
Rumor-Pizza is coming back March 1st

Pretty much says it all in the headline. An FA and I were talking yesterday on my ACA-DFW flight and he said pizza is coming back March 1st. There is some good news with that, certain mid-cons will get back made to order sundae's. Don't know if it's true or not but thought I'd share.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 9:32 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by BigBopper
An FA and I were talking yesterday on my ACA-DFW flight and he said pizza is coming back March 1st.
Noooooooo!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 7, 2006, 9:33 am

If it means a death to egg salad, then I'll take the lesser of the evils.

Mike
Old Feb 7, 2006, 9:34 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
By the reactions, I assume the pizza is (was) not very good??
Old Feb 7, 2006, 9:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Great, another beginning-of-the-month rumor to vet. At least this one isn't too bad - I never minded the pizzas in the first place.

-FlyerBeek
Old Feb 7, 2006, 9:36 am
TR35R

You gotta be kidding me.....

Old Feb 7, 2006, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Forgot to mention.....when I said I'd rather have pizza than egg salad he said egg salad was gone.

And yes, I know the new rumors each month are annoying as hell BUT many on here seem to like it. I clearly stated it was a rumor and you should take that with a grain of salt. Having said that, the title states rumor, if you don't like it then you certainly have the ability not to read it.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 9:49 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
I agree, actually. Stating rumor (and having a reasonable source) puts things in perspective. The rumors, appropriately identified, make things interesting, IMO.

Of course, you did say sundae's instead of sundaes..

Cheers.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'd pay money for the pizza over a free, drippy, gloppy chicken salad wrap or drippy, gloppy turkey wrap or a hideous egg salad lunch.

The pizza wasn't very good, but it wasn't as sickening as the choices listed above.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 9:52 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
"We hate the pizza."

"Here is some egg salad."

"We really hate the egg salad."

"Here is some pizza."

Hello! Anybody home?? Think, McFly, think! There are other delicious, inexpensive food options besides egg salad and veggie pizza!!!
Old Feb 7, 2006, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brp

Of course, you did say sundae's instead of sundaes..
Sorry, red eye and I'm not very bright.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 10:20 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Pretty much says it all in the headline. An FA and I were talking yesterday on my ACA-DFW flight and he said pizza is coming back March 1st. There is some good news with that, certain mid-cons will get back made to order sundae's. Don't know if it's true or not but thought I'd share.
Headline DOES say it all....

RUMOR
Old Feb 7, 2006, 10:33 am

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Lets HOPE it is an improved Pizza

If any of you have looked at AirlineMeals.net you will note what the competition serves.

If you want to compare the AA pizza to what another airline serves (granted in coach) look at Photos 232-238 under the Delta segment. GROSSSSSSSSSSSSS is beyond words!

Can we HOPE that perhaps the pizza on AA has been improved since its last appearance?
Old Feb 7, 2006, 10:59 am

Location: Scarsdale, NY USA; LT PLT AA; AA 3 mm (4 mm will never happen); Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA is clueless why I fly
An FA and I were talking yesterday on my ACA-DFW flight and he said pizza is coming back March 1st.
Yes. It is true. But this only applies to flights that leave the gate and then are delayed. For those flights with expected delays over 30 minutes, passengers will be allowed to use their cell phones to call Dominos.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
I will take a nice warm pizza over the nasty wrap of egg salad thing any day! (though I understand people's concerns about its being too heavy on the carbs/dough)

Anyway, I'll take the pizza if we get made-to-order sundaes on midcons! Granted, I imagine they will be on DFW-NYC and DFW-WAS and DFW-SEA/LAX/SFO/etc type routes instead of shorter routes like ORD-LGA, but who knows!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.