What does it take to get an email confirmation from American ???

Subscribe
Vent time...
But what is the problem with American ?
Here is a sophisticated and one of the top domestic carriers and they can not send an email in a timely manner.
United /Hyatt and a large group of companies do it in minutes
At 9:00 AM I booked my flights and 2:45 in the afternoon still nothing.
I was told one or two days on average !!!
A supervisor I spoke with said we have to many reservations to handle and send in a day.
Why can other carriers have it by the time I hang up the phone ?
Are we to spoiled these days in thinking it should take less then 1 hour to deliver an email ?
Have to assume their system is inadequate.
Thoughts on the topic ?? Experiences ?
Other then that Seasons Greetings
Cheers All

------------------
AA & Starwood,Marriott Platinum
Hyatt, Hilton Diamond
Swissotel Club Gold
U/A 1k

[This message has been edited by 777 global mile hound (edited Dec 10, 2003).]
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 777 global mile hound:
Are we to spoiled these days in thinking it should take less then 1 hour to deliver an email ?
Have to assume their system is inadequate.
</font>
The system is, of course, inadequate for the modern world. Not only airlines and hotels, but many other businesses these days send email confirmation in minutes.

I'm sure they will upgrade this part of their system one day, but with limited resources, it's probably not their first priority right now. Who said life was fair? I would place other features, such as one-time setup for all flight notifications, much higher on my wish list.
This sounds very unusual to me. Reservation confimration e-mails take less than 1 minute to some through to me 100% of the time. Ticket puchases confirmation on the other hand...maybe 1 hour at the most.

Are you sure your e-mail address in AAdvantage profile is correct?
Yes thank you for asking but it has been the same email for years.
The same one they spam me with. In the past I have been luckier and received confirmations it in about 4 hours .They claim the reservayion load is causing the problem.
Let see how many hours or days it will continue to take to receive it.
A new game how many years does it take to get an email !!!
Perhaps a new reality show here
One thing is for certain I am going back to my travel agent to book !

------------------
Hyatt, Hilton Diamond
Swissotel Club Gold
U/A 1k
email from res appear quite fast for me...o/l booking confirmations seem to take a couple of hours.

[This message has been edited by clacko (edited Dec 10, 2003).]
I always get a confirmation the minute I purchase it (or place it on hold). There is not a second confirmation when purchasing an itinerary that already was on hold.

Seperately, when the reservation is actually "ticketed", there will be another email, but I really don't care when that arrives since it says pretty much the same thing as the first confirmation anyway, except it has an eticket # on it which I have never, ever had to use (the 6 character record locator seems to be all they ever want).
If I call and book it usually takes a couple of hours before I get my confirmation. If I book online, I get a confirmation in minutes and my intinerary and receipt in a couple of hours. But since I'm never traveling same day, it's never bothered me.

I think paper tickets take forever. Sometimes 2 weeks!!

------------------
AA GLD
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 777 global mile hound:
Yes thank you for asking but it has been the same email for years.
The same one they spam me with. In the past I have been luckier and received confirmations it in about 4 hours .They claim the reservayion load is causing the problem.
Let see how many hours or days it will continue to take to receive it.
A new game how many years does it take to get an email !!!
Perhaps a new reality show here
One thing is for certain I am going back to my travel agent to book !

</font>
Have you made sure the agent didn't accidentally mis-type your email address? That has happened to me once.
Interesting. I've never once had a problem with this. I always receive the emails within a minute or two.
maybe your e-mail service provider isn't getting you the e-mails fast enough... just a thought...

------------------
AA GLD
Thanks for all the feedback .

Everything is correct with my server and my email adress.
A friend from Australia just emailed me moments ago.
It came in a few minutes .
The AA supervisor said she would send it again earlier this afternoon.
Now after 9 in the evening and nada
nada thing
I have the locator so I know all is well

A more educated agent this evening explained the problem more fully.
She said the reason for the delay up to as long as a week to receive the email is that it is considered a re-send
The original reservation was booked online this morning then finished/ammended by the Platinum desk.

Evidently the email may come quicker if it is the original reservation .
Still they should be able to fax it or expidite it in a more reasonable manner.
My other carrier has no problem original,ammended or otherwise ticketed or not.
So one day if I live long enough I have confidence it still will arrive
At least their flights are more reliable !

------------------
Hyatt, Hilton Diamond
Swissotel Club Gold
U/A 1k
The way I understand this post, you are referring to different types of e-mail confirmations. The original aa.com booking confirmation is the first type and the telephone reservation confirmation is the other.

aa.com confirmations are sent immediately after the PNR is created. However, when you request a reservation agent over the phone to send you confirmation by e-mail, the request is queued to a third party notification service. But generally, these confirmations do get sent within a few hours of being queued.

Perhaps you are experiencing an issue with this service provider, which is typically www.globalnotifications.com.
Still no email.Sigh
Yes it was requested by phone on the Platinum line
Perhaps tommorow.............if I am lucky

[This message has been edited by 777 global mile hound (edited Dec 10, 2003).]
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by KIR@GCM:

aa.com confirmations are sent immediately after the PNR is created. However, when you request a reservation agent over the phone to send you confirmation by e-mail, the request is queued to a third party notification service. But generally, these confirmations do get sent within a few hours of being queued.
[/URL]
</font>
aa.com doesn't bother sending an email confirmation if I choose postal mail, which is annoying because the e- version lets me know the paper is coming.

so now I do a Hold to get the email and then ticket. so ridiculous to need a second step.
I haven't seen it on AA, but I know of people that have problems getting the UA emails because their ISP filters it out as spam....