How many AA points needed for LA Award SA-OZ

Old Oct 22, 2002, 9:46 am
Original Poster

How many AA points needed for LA Award SA-OZ

The online LanChile AAdvantage award tables don't seem to have caught up with the fact that LA now flies to Australia/NZ. Does any one know what the points requirements are and does it allow any origination in South America-Australia or only SCL-Aust/NZ
Old Oct 22, 2002, 11:41 am

No, they don't fly LA metal all the way to Aus/NZ. They do have a codeshare route via Papeete, but then you switch to another airline to get to AKL and SYD.

Almost all airlines including AA and LA exclude codeshare flights for award travel.

[This message has been edited by millionmiler (edited 10-22-2002).]
Old Oct 22, 2002, 11:48 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by millionmiler:

No, they don't fly LA metal all the way to Aus/NZ.
</font>
Actually LA does does fly to OZ. They took over when QF dropped the SYD/AKL - EZE route.
In any event my guess is the only option now is to use the One World Award and some how include at least one QF segment into the routing. Also since all the F class seats are sold by QF as a codeshare i do not believe not believe that you can secure an F Class award seat on this flight. Quite disspointing.

rich
Old Oct 22, 2002, 1:29 pm

Yep, you are right. They do fly that route. Sorry. I'll shut up now.
Old Feb 2, 2003, 12:54 pm
Original Member

The route is an interesting one though. I´m not sure what kind of arrangement LanChile and Qantas have on the route, but even though Qantas is not the operating carrier, Qantas apparently has access to significantly more seats on the flights than LanChile.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.