Go Back   > > >
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 18, 02, 8:02 pm   #1
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Programs: 2MM, EXP
Posts: 101
ARCHIVE: LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Flagship Lounge (merged threads)

I didn't see one listed on aa.com or in this forum, but I thought I remembered seeing one at LAX. Does anyone know if there is a FL at LAX? (I just made EXP and am travelling internationally next week, so I'm curious.) Thanks.
Stephentao is offline  
Old Nov 18, 02, 8:11 pm   #2
FlyerTalk Evangelist
  
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: One minute left in the period..
Posts: 25,324
Should be, but isn't. Crowded AC only.
JonNYC is offline  
Old Nov 18, 02, 8:30 pm   #3
Original Member
  
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Posts: 18,528
FL is opening a year from now (December 2003), along with a new AC. The room is built in T4 but not furnished; originally scheduled to open this year, but deferred to save some money. You can look at the empty room from the outside (built at great expense during the T4 renovations).
number_6 is offline  
Old Aug 4, 03, 5:18 am   #4
  
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,220
LAX AA/QF New Flagship Lounge

A few months back, AA people at the AC told me of the new combined FL at LAX, and that the scheduled open date is sometime in September. Have you heard or seen anything about the opening date?
shoodawg is offline  
Old Aug 4, 03, 5:24 am   #5
  
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: London, UK
Programs: BA, BMI, NZ, SQ
Posts: 434
Hi Shoodawg

Here is a link to the Lounge discussion. Number_6's comments at the bottom of the thread are quite interesting.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum39/HTML/001956.html

Rickshaw is offline  
Old Oct 7, 03, 6:48 pm   #6
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M
  
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Louisville, KY
Programs: Wild Wild Life, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Posts: 56,039
LAX-FLL EXP in A or X class = Flagship Lounge Access?

In another thread, it was stated that anyone flying LAX-FLL or the reverse in F or Z class would get access to the Flagship Lounge.

Would an EXP flying in A or X (upgraded to F) get access to the Flagship Lounge?

Thanks!
Spiff is online now  
Old Oct 7, 03, 6:51 pm   #7
LLZ
  
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: FLL, over-inflated EGO due to EXP status
Posts: 4,519
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Spiff:
In another thread, it was stated that anyone flying LAX-FLL or the reverse in F or Z class would get access to the Flagship Lounge.

Would an EXP flying in A or X (upgraded to F) get access to the Flagship Lounge?

Thanks!
</font>
I know personally X is no. Don't know about A.
LLZ is offline  
Old Oct 7, 03, 6:58 pm   #8
  
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Posts: 5,846
From several sources: P,F,J(intls. - would not apply to LAX-FLL),Z.

No upgrades of any type (i.e. X,A).

Sorry.A+ X = AC if member.
freeupgrade is offline  
Old Oct 8, 03, 12:12 am   #9
  
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: PIT/DFW/MEL; AA Exec. Platinum & 4MM, QF WP
Posts: 7,689
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Spiff:
In another thread, it was stated that anyone flying LAX-FLL or the reverse in F or Z class would get access to the Flagship Lounge.

Would an EXP flying in A or X (upgraded to F) get access to the Flagship Lounge?

Thanks!
</font>
no. only 3-class P and 2-classs F & J fares (including AAnytime Awards) get transcon FL access.

A, X, Z (or two-class D, C, I) -- nope. even if paid A...


[This message has been edited by martin33 (edited 10-08-2003).]
martin33 is offline  
Old Oct 8, 03, 1:10 am   #10
  
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Posts: 5,846
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by martin33:
no. only 3-class P and 2-classs F & J fares (including AAnytime Awards) get transcon FL access.

A, X, Z (or two-class D, C, I) -- nope. even if paid A...


[This message has been edited by martin33 (edited 10-08-2003).]
</font>
Martin - Sorry to disagree, yet I have had 2 LAX AC agents tell me Z on nonstop transons will get FL access.
freeupgrade is offline  
Old Oct 8, 03, 8:37 am   #11
  
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Brooklyn, NY, US
Posts: 2,309
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by martin33:
no. only 3-class P and 2-classs F & J fares (including AAnytime Awards) get transcon FL access.
A, X, Z (or two-class D, C, I) -- nope. even if paid A...
</font>
from
Topic: Flagship Lounge Access on Upgrade: NOT!
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum71/HTML/017406.html

ADMIT POLICY

EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2003, PASSENGERS DEPARTING ON
NON-STOP TRANSCONTINENTAL FLIGHTS ARE INVITED TO ENJOY
THE ADMIRALS CLUB, OR FLAGSHIP LOUNGE WHERE AVAILABLE,
PRIOR TO FLIGHT. PASSENGERS MUST BE CONFIRMED IN
FIRST CLASS INVENTORIES F AND Z ON TWO-CABIN SERVICE
AND PREMIUM CLASS INVENTORIES IN P AND Z INVENTORIES
FOR THREE-CLASS SERVICE.
.
REVENUE TICKETS - F OR P
PLANAAHEAD MILEAGE FIRST/PREMIUM CLASS AWARD - Z
AANYTIME MILEAGE FIRST/PREMIUM CLASS AWARD - F OR P
landspeed is offline  
Old Oct 8, 03, 12:22 pm   #12
  
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: PIT/DFW/MEL; AA Exec. Platinum & 4MM, QF WP
Posts: 7,689
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by freeupgrade:
Sorry to disagree, yet I have had 2 LAX AC agents tell me Z on nonstop transons will get FL access.</font>
touche. nice to know Z isnt persona non grata nowadays... that did seem rather draconian



[This message has been edited by martin33 (edited 10-08-2003).]
martin33 is offline  
Old Oct 9, 03, 8:32 am   #13
  
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Posts: 135
what if I have a paid A-Class Ticket (RTW). Will I get access to the FL or not?
Peter_D is offline  
Old Oct 9, 03, 10:17 am   #14
  
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Alexandria, VA
Programs: SPG Pref+, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat, BA Blue, AA Riff-Raff, UA Unwashed, Travel Anonymous Platinum
Posts: 1,469
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Peter_D:
what if I have a paid A-Class Ticket (RTW). Will I get access to the FL or not?</font>
According to the above Admit policy, nope. This is, IMHO, the worst part of the policy.
UA_Eagle is offline  
Old Oct 9, 03, 10:49 am   #15
  
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: PIT/DFW/MEL; AA Exec. Platinum & 4MM, QF WP
Posts: 7,689
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Peter_D:
what if I have a paid A-Class Ticket (RTW). Will I get access to the FL or not?</font>
for domestic transcon legs, definitely not. the description even has now been changed to say "Full Fare First" customers, and A is considered discounted First.

for intercontinental legs, yes. the FL is for anyone in 3-class First...


[This message has been edited by martin33 (edited 10-09-2003).]
martin33 is offline  
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 
Forum Jump
Contact Us - FlyerTalk - Archive - Top