Wiki Posts
Search

bring back the old AA.com

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2002, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Gold, SPG Plat, HH Gold
bring back the old AA.com

Does anyone miss the old aa.com? I sure do...
I'm trying to book SAN-GIG (Rio de Janerio, Brasil). So into aa.com I enter From: SAN Dest: GIG and select by Fare.
No flights available. I think it gets confused if you have to change planes more than once.
If I select by schedule it wants to route me via United or TAM (not that I wouldn't mind TAM but the pricing won't pan out - and of course no status miles).
So I have to book SAN-LAX-GIG-SAN.
Which of course it doesn't like because it can't find a flight GIG-SAN.
So I try SAN-LAX-GIG-LAX-SAN.
Which you can't do since you can't have the same city as an origin and a destination with the new AA.com. (I'm not sure if this is a bug or some strange business rule to prevent people from putting together mileage runs - stringing the flight through a remote hub).
So I try SAN-ORD-GIG-LAX-SAN - and the schedule system goes offline...
So it's off to Expedia I go...

P.S. I tried old.aa.com but it isn't there...

[This message has been edited by skylane (edited 04-15-2002).]
Old Apr 15, 2002, 4:47 pm

I like the old AA too. There were not many windows and words are bigger. Now you have to squint and read what on there. It's too busy.

But I think it is just a matter of getting used to it. Eventually, it will be OK.
Old Apr 16, 2002, 7:01 am
Suspended

I also had problems with fares to GIG/GRU from SEA. It also would not let me do mutilple cities like before, such as; SEA-DFW, DFW-NAT, MCZ-DFW, DFW-SEA saying that the departure and return city can only be listed once.

Maybe I need a class on how to search flights on AA.com. I'm sure some smart FTer has figure it out.
Old Apr 16, 2002, 9:37 am

Sure sounds like someone needs to move away from "Cheese Station C"

Old Apr 16, 2002, 6:46 pm
Used to be Sydneysider

Programs: AS MVP/Gold (and 75K aspirant)
and i thought the old aa.com was bad. the new site is horrible, IMHO. when it's even working, it is soooooo SLOW.
Old Apr 16, 2002, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
I agree.
new aa.com = bad
old aa.com = good

Old Apr 17, 2002, 12:27 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
I agree with Irickets. The pages are just too busy. I know I'm not used to it yet, but the old one was easy from the get go.
Old Apr 17, 2002, 6:24 am
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
For a real change, it would be nice if they would bring back EasySabre, the DOS based program which was *much* more powerful (as a booking engine) than any version of AA.com
Old Apr 17, 2002, 7:55 am

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by skylane:
(...) TAM (not that I wouldn't mind TAM but the pricing won't pan out - and of course no status miles).
</font>
When you fly TAM to South America under AA number you accrue Status miles plus additional benefits related to tier you may have.

Old Apr 17, 2002, 8:54 am

This same thing is happening to me. I'm trying to get a fare from PHL-MXP RT and I'm getting the same error. Doesn't make sense! What's going on here, AA?
Old Apr 17, 2002, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sbrower:
For a real change, it would be nice if they would bring back EasySabre, the DOS based program which was *much* more powerful (as a booking engine) than any version of AA.com</font>
I second that. Personal AAccess was great, too. None of the AA.coms have come close in search or booking capability.
Old Apr 17, 2002, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by lrickets:
I There were not many windows and words are bigger. Now you have to squint and read what on there. </font>
LOL, I have the same problem too. Either we are getting older or the programmers are getting younger. AA, haven't you heard about the aging American population?

Old Apr 17, 2002, 2:04 pm

Hey...just call a travel agent! They are great and you won't need to stress out over the new aa.com, which I agree, is awful.

Old Apr 18, 2002, 9:49 am

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by chuck1:
Hey...just call a travel agent! They are great and you won't need to stress out over the new aa.com, which I agree, is awful.
</font>
Unfortunately, virtually all of my experiences with a travel agent have not been good. Invariably, I know more about the fares, routes and options than they do.

Don't even bring up situations like using a voucher -- once when a travel agent did something incorrect, I had to borrow their phone, call AA reservations, verify that I was correct, ask them to explain it to the travel agent, and hand the phone to the travel agent.

Online is the way to go -- even if I have to use Orbitz or Expedia.

Greg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.