AA Promotion - Choice Essential, Choice Plus

Subscribe
Just got this in the email. Sounds like nobody has gone for these two options from AA since they were introduced a couple of months ago. It would be a pretty good deal if you need more flexibility. I might go for Choice Essential if it is not much more than the typical option. I believe it is not targeted.

The only catch is I believe it's only available for 48 states. Could be a good deal for international travel if they have that option at a reasonable price.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Paulakers2010,

Want the flexibility to change your travel plans with no change fee? Choice Essential fares include no change fee, an additional checked bag, and more. Book a Choice Essential fare and complete travel between October 11 and December 15, 2013, and we'll give you 50% AAdvantage® bonus miles just for trying it out.

Or, to enjoy even more on your next flight, select the Choice Plus fare option. Along with all the benefits of a Choice Essential fare, you'll also receive:
50% more AAdvantage bonus miles
Same‑day flight change
Premium beverage
All of this in addition to the 50% bonus miles we're offering just for trying it out.

Simply book your Choice Essential^ or Choice Plus^ fare and travel by December 15, 2013, and we will automatically deposit the 50% bonus miles into your AAdvantage account within 4‑6 weeks after the offer ends.
Quote: I believe it is not targeted.
That's what my email says in the fine print:

This email was sent to *****@****.com because you subscribe to American News and Offers.

This is an exclusive offer only for members who receive this email directly from American Airlines. No registration is required.
I missed where it says it doesn't apply to international travel (or is Choice only available on domestic?).
Quote: I missed where it says it doesn't apply to international travel (or is Choice only available on domestic?).
Yes.
Quote: Just got this in the email. Sounds like nobody has gone for these two options from AA since they were introduced a couple of months ago. It would be a pretty good deal if you need more flexibility. I might go for Choice Essential if it is not much more than the typical option. I believe it is not targeted.

The only catch is I believe it's only available for 48 states. Could be a good deal for international travel if they have that option at a reasonable price.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Paulakers2010,

Want the flexibility to change your travel plans with no change fee? Choice Essential fares include no change fee, an additional checked bag, and more. Book a Choice Essential fare and complete travel between October 11 and December 15, 2013, and we'll give you 50% AAdvantage® bonus miles just for trying it out.

Or, to enjoy even more on your next flight, select the Choice Plus fare option. Along with all the benefits of a Choice Essential fare, you'll also receive:
50% more AAdvantage bonus miles
Same‑day flight change
Premium beverage
All of this in addition to the 50% bonus miles we're offering just for trying it out.

Simply book your Choice Essential^ or Choice Plus^ fare and travel by December 15, 2013, and we will automatically deposit the 50% bonus miles into your AAdvantage account within 4‑6 weeks after the offer ends.
I am not allowed to buy those two in the first place.
I don't think that this will make it worth it for me.
AA Promotion - Choice Essential, Choice Plus
I got this email too and I guess that I don't understand why this is being called a promotion. You get 50% bonus miles for buying these fares already and that is what the email says you'll get. What am I missing??
I think AA under Bob Crandall learned this lesson perfectly: people want low fares and won't pay extra for amenities they can do without.
I received a version that offered 1000 bonus miles for booking any choice bundle.
I got this promotion as well. How do I book this on my corporate website (Carlson Wagonlit)? I called and they don't know what I'm talking about.
Quote: I think AA under Bob Crandall learned this lesson perfectly: people want low fares and won't pay extra for amenities they can do without.
Ive bought choice and choice plus fares when i knew my plans would change or knew id use the CFC... its saved my clients several hundred dollars.

Needless to say i wasnt targeted since i use it on prolly 10% of bookings
1000 bonus miles
I also received a version for the bonus miles
I was targeted for the 50% extra miles.

My 4 year old son was targeted for 10% off a future flight with the following restrictions:

Simply book your Choice Essential or Choice Plus fare and travel by December 15, 2013, and we will email your 10% promotional code* to be used to book a future flight between December 18, 2013, and January 17, 2014, for travel between January 15 and April 15, 2014.
Quote: That's what my email says in the fine print:

This email was sent to *****@****.com because you subscribe to American News and Offers.

This is an exclusive offer only for members who receive this email directly from American Airlines. No registration is required.
For some reason I couldn't pull up the T&Cs yesterday. I can see it now. It does appear to be targeted.

Quote: I was targeted for the 50% extra miles.

My 4 year old son was targeted for 10% off a future flight with the following restrictions:

Simply book your Choice Essential or Choice Plus fare and travel by December 15, 2013, and we will email your 10% promotional code* to be used to book a future flight between December 18, 2013, and January 17, 2014, for travel between January 15 and April 15, 2014.
Quote: I received a version that offered 1000 bonus miles for booking any choice bundle.
It would have been a nice touch for DEQM/DEQP. I am still thinking to pull the trigger for a quick weekend visit of my friend. If the 10%/15% coupon was still there I would have gone for it immediately.
Quote: I got this promotion as well. How do I book this on my corporate website (Carlson Wagonlit)? I called and they don't know what I'm talking about.
My company uses Egencia and there's no way to select it through their interface... Just might not be possible. Heck, it's not even a separate fare class. It's like if you try to pay for priority boarding. Choice essential/plus is a bundle of extras instead of a fare, so I don't think many corporate sites can see the option.
I got the 50% offer as well. My reading of the email was that you get the 50% in addition to the 50% already offered for purchasing the Choice Essential or Choice Plus options so you end up with a 100% bonus.