Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any advice on this problem?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2001, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Any advice on this problem?

Here is the situation. My brother and myself want to go to Japan next summer. My brother lives in Atlanta and I live in Los Angeles. My broher is going to get to Japna by using my frequent Flyer miles and I am going to get there using a voucher left over from Christmas. We want to fly on the same flight to Japan. But I am not sure the best way to go about this. Should we buy a ticket for my bro to fly from Atlanta to LA then I can get an award ticket for him from LA-Japan? Or is there a way to avoid that? Any advice would be great!
Shawn
Old Oct 25, 2001, 11:35 am

Best thing to do is to call the Advantage desk they can advise you of the best routing to use for the purchase ticket and the award ticket. Double check before ticketing with a travel agent if they can get you a better deal. Then call back and confirm after you have checked out your options.
Old Oct 25, 2001, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
delpy,

Dalguy is right. You definately wouldn't want to buy a ticket for your brother to LA, because it takes the same amount of miles to get to Japan from both LAX and ATL.

[This message has been edited by JJeffrey (edited 10-25-2001).]
Old Oct 25, 2001, 12:19 pm

If you have status on the airline, use the voucher for your ticket so you can get the bonus miles.
Old Oct 25, 2001, 12:29 pm

They are right call the AAdvantage Desk and ask. Also check your spelling

------------------
Albert
Old Oct 25, 2001, 5:31 pm

FF tickets are usually from home city to destination. Mine is AA from ATL/DFW/LAX then
HKG/AKL. They were most helpful on the phone.

[This message has been edited by flowerchild (edited 10-25-2001).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.