They're back...new cloth napkins have buttonhole

Old Jun 12, 2013, 5:41 pm
pdb
Original Poster

They're back...new cloth napkins have buttonhole

I was pleasantly surprised to see that new cloth napkins (no blue borders, this time) with those very handy buttonholes are being implemented once again.

Small matter, but nice to see that AA is paying attention to details.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 6:15 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Small, my a$$. This is one of the more important threads I've seen in a while. I really did miss the buttonhole. I travel, typically, in a polo, and the buttonhole was awesome!! And, yes, I'm being serious!

Cheers.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 6:26 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by brp
Small, my a$$. This is one of the more important threads I've seen in a while. I really did miss the buttonhole. I travel, typically, in a polo, and the buttonhole was awesome!! And, yes, I'm being serious!
+1

And I'm being serious too.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA PLT (fmr EXP), UA SLV, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat Premier (LTG), IHG Gold, National Exec Elite
The only AA F flight I've had long enough to have a meal service I was disappointed that there was no buttonhole like I've had on DL. Seems trivial like you said but I'm glad to hear they're making the change!
Old Jun 12, 2013, 6:31 pm

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
Originally Posted by brp

Cheers.
I travel in a button-down shirt and COULD NOT agree more!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 12, 2013, 6:56 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
good move....

i had 3 defective napkins in the period of the button hole.....

1 had no hole, the thread in the hole wasn't cut in the other 2....

the good news is that it was a small %.....we had good luck w/ugs...
Old Jun 12, 2013, 7:23 pm

Programs: Air Canada, United, AA Gold
Great

Two trips last month. No button holes. Trying to tuck a napkin into my shirt top doesn't always work. Delighted that common sense and utility has won out.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 7:42 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
This was my complaint on the silly complaint thread. Happy to see them return as are my shirts.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 7:46 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

I guess my two webform complaints must have gotten their attention.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA former 1K (1.9MM and gone), Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat
Besides the buttonholes (which I also love!), have they upgraded the napkin material at all? They've felt like some thin synthetic blend that doesn't absorb as well as cotton and slides off my lap (or button, when they had holes) fairly easily. Since they've been upgrading the silverware, I hope they're upgrading the napkins as well.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 8:16 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
In the last weeks I have had the flimsy (now unraveling at the edges) cheap, no-buttonhole napkins, as well as new, button-hole provided, thicker napkins. We'll see if this will be rolled out consistently (and hope it will be).
Old Jun 12, 2013, 9:31 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, IHG Plat., former LH HON (now Silver), Bonvoy Titanium
and to the OP: do they still have the label "Made in China" in it? Who cares?
Old Jun 12, 2013, 9:42 pm

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
Had the old style (non-hole, thin) on my ex-DFW MD80 flight yesterday. Thought of the buttonhole napkins from my UA history as I tucked the corner the best I could into my shirt, as I always wear a button shirt when flying. Good to read that they're making a return, if so. ^
Old Jun 12, 2013, 10:26 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
cool, now I can stop even trying to get low grade food into my mouth, and just eat it off the napkin when it falls there.

Seriously, are people that bad at aiming food into their mouths ? I can't recall ever spilling on myself in 25 years of flying.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 10:34 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Either many of us are more gauche, or perhaps partake more of the messy, saucy stuff... but I find 'em handy.

Originally Posted by cynicAAl
cool, now I can stop even trying to get low grade food into my mouth, and just eat it off the napkin when it falls there.

Seriously, are people that bad at aiming food into their mouths ? I can't recall ever spilling on myself in 25 years of flying.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.