Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

New (cumulative!) Elite Rewards for 2013: ELTA3 [closed 1 Mar 2014]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2013, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

Cumulative C/Y 2013 Elite Rewards ELTA 3 (Registration required <link>)

Recover Your elite Rewards (requires signing in) link NOTE: ELTA Rewards must be claimed by midnight 28 Feb 2014.

"We want to thank you for flying the extra mile, so we've designed a new Elite Rewards program with you in mind. Select from special gifts to complement all of your existing elite status benefits.

Elite Rewards now offers four distinct milestones which are attainable throughout the year. The more you fly, the faster you'll reach the next level where you can choose one reward from each milestone for which you qualify. That's a total of up to four rewards. And now, you can qualify with elite-qualifying miles, points or segments.

. . . ● Milestone 1: 40,000 miles or points | 45 segments
. . . ● Milestone 2: 75,000 miles or points | 80 segments
. . . ● Milestone 3: 125,000 miles or points | 130 segments
. . . ● Milestone 4: 150,000 miles or points | 160 segments

To participate in Elite Rewards, simply register prior to December 31, 2013, using promotion code ELTA3." See the Mod Note in the OP for more.

Print Wikipost

New (cumulative!) Elite Rewards for 2013: ELTA3 [closed 1 Mar 2014]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2013, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by AAExPlat
That is exactly what I worry about. Too many eVIPs floating around the system are not good.

AA is really going for UA's jugular with this....
This has to be better than the DEQM promotion AA offered for years. Now you still need normal requirements to get to the levels. In the past, all you needed was 33k EQM or 50k EQM and double that to qualify for EXP.

UA is going downhill. They better prioritize the SWUs before the miles-copay, or else people will just keep jumping ship.

You still just need 150k to get all the milestones you want. You can leave the rest to UA.

Originally Posted by ESpen36
YES I noticed that as well. Not a good thing. (although PLTs are eligible to earn eVIPs for passing each 2+MM threshold)
Right. I just hope they are not changing the RDM bonuses on different elite levels in AAdvantage.

Originally Posted by moman
I wonder if they are doing this to keep people onboard thru the merger. If business was strong, presumably they wouldn't need these promotions.
By following your logic, I should assume UA business is wrong because they don't need any promotions at all, until recently the Double PQMs?

Last edited by PaulInTheSky; Apr 24, 2013 at 6:51 am
Old Apr 24, 2013, 6:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Gold, Mariott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
I think this is awesome. as someone who lives in STL but works in GRR, most of the promos never worked for me. in 48 segments this year I have ~8k EQM. Double did nothing for me. This is a nice reward for AA to say thanks to me and the others who fly with me to ORD for M-F work weeks from STL who also get hosed on normal promos. I was scheduled to hit ~120 segments this year, might have to add a few extra and attempt to use the SWU for our trip to LIR later this year. Should be Ex-Plat for the first time this year!!
Old Apr 24, 2013, 8:28 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by vatali
in 48 segments this year I have ~8k EQM.
As a PLT shouldn't you be earning the minimum 500 EQM per segment, so shouldn't you have 24k EQM?
Old Apr 24, 2013, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, AA Lifetime Platinum, Delta PM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Nice promo. I wish they AA had launched it even earlier, as it would have affected certain of my flying decisions earlier this year. But I'm by no means complaining about a promo launched with more than eight months to go in the year.
eerrr.....you mean 8 months and 1 WEEK to go. I have know quite a few FT'ers to do 75K miles in one week (cough..cough).

Don't understimate the power of MR freaks!!!
Old Apr 24, 2013, 7:38 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
A very nice gesture on American's part and there are some damn fine rewards in there. I doubt I'll get to any as I'm in the midst of a very slow travel year, but I still appreciate any reward an airline is willing to offer us ^
Old Apr 24, 2013, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Very nice promo, and it reinforces AAdvantage's standing as the best elite program by far. <response to deleted posts removed by moderator

Last edited by JY1024; May 11, 2013 at 11:23 pm Reason: response to deleted posts removed by moderator
Old Apr 24, 2013, 9:07 pm

Programs: ex-ExPlat, AA Lifetime Platinum
i feel foolish asking the question but i cannot find the answer in AA.com or this thread. please just point me to the right comment if i have overlooked it.
i can see where under the new system one will earn 1 SWU at 75k points or miles, 2 SWUs at 125k and 4 SWUs at 150k...but where does it say that you will also receive 8 SWUs for reaching ExPlat? it appears to me that 7 SWUs is max.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

These rewards are in addition to the regular benefits at each level.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 10:33 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by geezersrule
i feel foolish asking the question but i cannot find the answer in AA.com or this thread. please just point me to the right comment if i have overlooked it.
i can see where under the new system one will earn 1 SWU at 75k points or miles, 2 SWUs at 125k and 4 SWUs at 150k...but where does it say that you will also receive 8 SWUs for reaching ExPlat? it appears to me that 7 SWUs is max.
Presumably you didn't click on the link that was in the first post that had the image showing these rewards in addition to the normal qualifying levels?

Cheers.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 11:03 pm

Programs: ex-ExPlat, AA Lifetime Platinum
actually i did click on the link in the first post and that is where i saw the awards i mentioned in my post 152. i do not see where the path to awards and milestones indicates that there are awards involved with reaching gold, platinum and explat. is this stated elsewhere?
Old Apr 25, 2013, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by geezersrule
actually i did click on the link in the first post and that is where i saw the awards i mentioned in my post 152. i do not see where the path to awards and milestones indicates that there are awards involved with reaching gold, platinum and explat. is this stated elsewhere?
I find it odd that as an EXP (according to your profile) you don't know this, but upon (re)qualifying for EXP, you get 8 SWU's. That's been a standard reward for quite a while and has nothing to do with this promotion. So if you reach 150k, you get 7 (promotion)+8(EXP) SWU's.

Last edited by Djokison; Apr 25, 2013 at 7:31 am Reason: Changed 125k to 150k
Old Apr 25, 2013, 6:34 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Djokison
I find it odd that as an EXP (according to your profile) you don't know this, but upon (re)qualifying for EXP, you get 8 SWU's. That's been a standard reward for quite a while and has nothing to do with this promotion. So if you reach 125k, you get 7 (promotion)+8(EXP) SWU's.
I think you ave to get to 150k for an extra 7...
Old Apr 25, 2013, 6:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Getting 15 SWUs when flying 150k miles is quite good for people traveling a lot internationally.

For those flying mostly domestically: getting 400k+ redeemable miles (150k regular + 150k double miles for elite status + 100k bonus) when flying 150k is also awesome
Old Apr 25, 2013, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I assume all Oneworld qualifying flights are counted towards this as well....?

I read through the first 4 pages of this thread as well as the T&Cs and gave up searching...so excuse me if the obvious was too obvious for me to find.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 8:58 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I assume all Oneworld qualifying flights are counted towards this as well....?

I read through the first 4 pages of this thread as well as the T&Cs and gave up searching...so excuse me if the obvious was too obvious for me to find.
Anything flights that normally would qualify for EQM/EQP and Segments will count towards making the thresholds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.