Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

New (cumulative!) Elite Rewards for 2013: ELTA3 [closed 1 Mar 2014]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2013, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

Cumulative C/Y 2013 Elite Rewards ELTA 3 (Registration required <link>)

Recover Your elite Rewards (requires signing in) link NOTE: ELTA Rewards must be claimed by midnight 28 Feb 2014.

"We want to thank you for flying the extra mile, so we've designed a new Elite Rewards program with you in mind. Select from special gifts to complement all of your existing elite status benefits.

Elite Rewards now offers four distinct milestones which are attainable throughout the year. The more you fly, the faster you'll reach the next level where you can choose one reward from each milestone for which you qualify. That's a total of up to four rewards. And now, you can qualify with elite-qualifying miles, points or segments.

. . . ● Milestone 1: 40,000 miles or points | 45 segments
. . . ● Milestone 2: 75,000 miles or points | 80 segments
. . . ● Milestone 3: 125,000 miles or points | 130 segments
. . . ● Milestone 4: 150,000 miles or points | 160 segments

To participate in Elite Rewards, simply register prior to December 31, 2013, using promotion code ELTA3." See the Mod Note in the OP for more.

Print Wikipost

New (cumulative!) Elite Rewards for 2013: ELTA3 [closed 1 Mar 2014]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2013, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by terminator33
It is now possible to earn a SWU while just qualifying as a platinum by flying 75K miles. PLT's with SWU's? Am I the only one that caught this?
Yeah, that struck me as odd too.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by terminator33
Actually what I'm reading into this is that they are setting up a new tier at 75K. It is now possible to earn a SWU while just qualifying as a platinum by flying 75K miles. PLT's with SWU's? Am I the only one that caught this?

YES I noticed that as well. Not a good thing. (although PLTs are eligible to earn eVIPs for passing each 2+MM threshold)
Old Apr 23, 2013, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP; AC 100K
Signed up this morning, just got the e-mail... The only news to travel faster this day was the erroneous AP tweet hahah. I'm all about that SWU at 75k, between that the 8 at qual and the 2 + 4 I'll get for the rest of the year, they've got me hooked.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 8:42 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
This program is pretty nice. I haven't flown AA in some time but definitely wish UA would match. I used to hate the e-500 upgrades but after the merger's selling of kettle upgrades (which continues) this program seems better and better every day
Old Apr 23, 2013, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Also, note the timing of this offer.....just as the sequester is starting to have an impact on commercial air travel. I imagine there will be some bad press coming soon about air travel delays nationwide, and so this offer might be an attempt by AA to encourage people to continue buying tickets for future travel while the current situation is turning people off to air travel.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Exec Plat
This is just awesome... I will have to move my 50K miles over the 100K threshold from UA to AA. This is far more generous than the 4 regional upgrades and 2 UA SWU that UA awards for getting to 150K miles.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz PC, AMEX PLT
Does anyone think this will lessen the chance of a DEQM/DEQP promo?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by dmbtr3
Never underestimate AA's desire to sell extra seats during the slow period in early December. Don't rule it out yet.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by nall
Will the 10K EQM earned from Exec card (or DEQM promos if applicable) count towards this?
Not certain of this but I see no reason why the 10K EQM bonus from the Executive MC for 40K spend would not count towards the new milestones. They count towards qualification on the tiers so why not the milestones as well?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Existing 777-200 (none to be retired): 15 F Seats, 37 J Seats (not sure post conversion though, we'll see)
New additional planes: 777-300 8 F Seats, 52 J seats

ICN, DUS, DUB & LIM routes..
I don't think we'll be seeing 777's on DUB or LIM routes. I'd be happy to be wrong though...
Old Apr 23, 2013, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Nice promo. I wish they AA had launched it even earlier, as it would have affected certain of my flying decisions earlier this year. But I'm by no means complaining about a promo launched with more than eight months to go in the year.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Currently have 110k booked through EOY. Guess if I can get 15k mi at a decent rate it'd be worth it for the 4 extra SWUs since now I have a GF to ensure gets upgraded with me. Some things easier solo, some things not
Old Apr 23, 2013, 10:03 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by dmbtr3
We can sure as hell hope so, so that people will have to earn status for a change.

Cheers.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by brp
We can sure as hell hope so, so that people will have to earn status for a change.

Cheers.
Word.^
Old Apr 23, 2013, 11:02 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Delta PM, SPG Gold
I wonder if they are doing this to keep people onboard thru the merger. If business was strong, presumably they wouldn't need these promotions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.