Award Ticket Change Question

Old Feb 23, 2013, 8:45 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Award Ticket Change Question

I have an AA Award ticket booked for July. I would like to change it to 2 days later with the same mileage redemption amount. Can I do this without a fee? I know I can on United, but not sure on AA.

Thanks
Old Feb 23, 2013, 9:05 am

Programs: AA Platinum, VX Gold, SPG Gold
Should be able to, as long as the origin and destination stay the same and you don't move the departure date inside a 21 day window of booking the award. Doesn't sound like you're doing that, so you should be fine.

From http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/re...servations.jsp

Changes to your outbound travel date, resulting in a departure within 21 days

A $75 USD award processing charge will apply for a confirmed change to the date on an AAdvantage MileSAAver® and AAnytime® award ticket if the change results in a new outbound travel date that is within 21 days of the original booking date (waived for AAdvantage Executive Platinum®, AAdvantage Platinum® and AAdvantage Gold® members using miles from their account).

Last edited by rborkows; Feb 23, 2013 at 9:08 am Reason: Clarifying the 21 day window.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:30 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
the award must be available on the new dates.....less of a problem if anytime...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.