Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2013, 12:53 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Not to sound alarmist or anything, but that "doily" looks suspiciously like the one US has on their meal flights (the "plaid"/dotted pattern that bread is placed on/drinks are placed on.

Could this be a precursor that AA is going to lose their superb F presentation in lieu of the US meal service presentation?

Originally Posted by SFO777
Old May 21, 2013, 1:34 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by wintersummer
I have ANC - DFW scheduled July 2013.

Flight leaves ANC at 8:30 p.m., arrival DFW 5:50 a.m. We're using miles to upgrade. Flight is listed as meal service. What meal will be served? Dinner on departure or breakfast on arrival?
This post and its replies were moved here from another thread as this is the correct place to discuss domestic meals.

~Moderator
Old May 21, 2013, 4:55 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, HGP ♦; former elite in Hilton, Marriott & DL (just under MM thanks to Leo)

Flight leaves ANC at 8:30 p.m., arrival DFW 5:50 a.m. We're using miles to upgrade. Flight is listed as meal service. What meal will be served? Dinner on departure or breakfast on arrival?
My SO convinced me the best meal "option" was to visit Simon and Seafort's downtown before departure, and sleep through the red-eye. Perfect plan, slept right through whatever was offered. No "scent memory" either, so my guess is snack/salad. Sorry can't help, but I did get solid block of sleep (nearly no noise), so I'm guessing our plan was a common one.

What would have been great is a light breakfast before arrival (like Hawaii flights). Again, if they did that, I slept right through it.
Old May 21, 2013, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
You will get a snack on departure. These are the options on that flight (278) tonight...

Agree with others that the best option would be to eat before boarding.
Old May 21, 2013, 6:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
AA 1784
DFW-SFO
5:00PM - 10:40PM
Dinner
May 20, 2013

No PDB, despite plenty of time.

Choice of
Stuffed Shells Pomodoro
Cheese filled pasta shells topped with a roasted tomato sauce

Italian Chicken
Served with sweet potatoes and snap peas

Served with (luke)warm multigrain or sourdough rolls

For dessert:
Chocolate Ice Cream with Chopped Nuts and Marshmallows

Went with the stuffed shells tonight to shake things a bit. They were pretty good. Lucked out with double serving of shrimp today, as 4A didn't want his and the FA "didn't want it to go to waste". Can't screw up the ice cream.

Crew was ok. Highlight of the flight was striking up a convo with a Greek/Lantina goddess seated next to me. Too bad SFO777 wasn't there with his camera
Old May 21, 2013, 10:09 am

Programs: AA, Southwest, Hilton, Hyatt
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Not to sound alarmist or anything, but that "doily" looks suspiciously like the one US has on their meal flights (the "plaid"/dotted pattern that bread is placed on/drinks are placed on.

Could this be a precursor that AA is going to lose their superb F presentation in lieu of the US meal service presentation?
The doily has been in place for the bread for well over a year now. The tray would be way too crowded to have salad, main, bread plate, and beverage.

As has been stated over and over again... The merger teams were just set up last month and are identifying areas of policy difference. They hardly started deciding what surface the bread in F class will sit on. I mean come on...
Old May 21, 2013, 10:31 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by JDiver
From my predeparture meal selection options ("Entrée Reservations)

AA 399 DFW-SFO May 26 2013 (Lunch - sic):
  • Lemon Grass Salmon With fresh greens, pineapple, mango, jícama, radish and Asian sesame dressing
  • Cornmeal Crusted Chicken Served with roasted sweet potatoes and corn maque choux
  • I will make my selection at a later time or during the flight
(Wow! They even put the accent in jícama!)
Has anyone had either of these choices? If so, questions:

1. For the salmon, is the mango in any way separable from the rest, or at least from the salmon? Mrs. brp is allergic to mango, but would like the rest.

2. For the chicken- would it be easy to remove the "cornmeal crust" from the chicken to eliminate the bad carbs from the item?

Thanks for any experiences.

Cheers.
Old May 21, 2013, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by brp
2. For the chicken- would it be easy to remove the "cornmeal crust" from the chicken to eliminate the bad carbs from the item?
I had the chicken last night for dinner on a ORD-BOS flight. The crust was pretty well 'stuck' to the chicken, but you could probably scrape off some/most of it, but not all. It also came with a ramekin of a red sauce.

I thought it was quite good.
Old May 22, 2013, 7:06 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
05.22.13 AA1307 BNA-LAX F Class (737)

6:05PM departure, dinner, ontime

No PDB with plenty of time to spare (even an early gate departure)

Hot towel service offered after takeoff, during drink run

Warm nuts x2 - offered generous refills

Meal choices were salad with chateaubriand slices or the infamous chicken crepes with sweet potatoes. Served on one tray with salad and bread.

Had the crepes which were honestly incredibly awful. Mush, all of it. Crepes were mush. Sweet potatoes were mush. Baby food. I don't even know what was in the ramekin on the plate (some sort of fatty white sauce). Still, was starving after a long day so it did not go uneaten.

Trays collected promptly and cookies served after.

Meh. I preferred my lunch choices on the flight in from LAX two days earlier.
Old May 22, 2013, 10:45 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA PLT, Inspirato, Wheels Up, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat
Aa204 lax-mco

Originally Posted by SFO777
You will get a snack on departure. These are the options on that flight (278) tonight...

Agree with others that the best option would be to eat before boarding.
I had the exact same menu last night (5/21) on AA204 LAX-MCO.
Old May 24, 2013, 10:15 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum 5 million miles
We had bona fide menus on AA's flight 279 from DFW to ANC in first class on May 23, 2013. The menu says "Business Class" on the front.

No PDB was served, but we were trying to board and take.off as quickly as possible since we were delayed 58 minutes. Hot towels and warm nuts were provided along with a beverage after take-off.

Since our upgrades did not clear until about 15 minutes before our delayed boarding time, we were not able to pre-select our entrees. Orders were taken from the back since it was an odd-numbered flight.

The Starter was Prosciutto with Parmesan cheese and cantaloupe purée. The Salad was seasonal greens with fresh vegetables offered with mozzarella, cherry tomato and fresh basil. Salad dressings were sour cream and herb or premium extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Assorted gourmet breads included pretzel bread, bread sticks, or rosemary rolls. The two entree choices were: Grilled Fillet of Beef served with foyot sauce and celery chive potato purée OR Cheese Tortellini with Romano sauce. Dessert was a tradional ice cream sundae or the gourmet cheese plate. Light refreshment was fresh seasonal fruit or cookies freshly baked on board (wichita chocolate or chocolate chip). Not included on the menu, but served prior to landing was sparkling water with lemon.

I will try to post pictures when I get home. We are at the Hotel Alyeska now looking at the gorgeous snow-covered mountains and bright sunshine! The hotel through hotels.com was a real bargain for Alaska at around $120.
Old May 24, 2013, 2:15 pm

I have a question regarding BOS-JFK flights in F (which are mainline 738s):

Are mixed nuts served with drinks?

I have never flown on such a short flight in AA F, but was surprised that they only served drinks on a recent flight. The FAs only offered water or orange juice as a PDB, FWIW.
Old May 24, 2013, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by will2288
I have a question regarding BOS-JFK flights in F (which are mainline 738s):

Are mixed nuts served with drinks?

I have never flown on such a short flight in AA F, but was surprised that they only served drinks on a recent flight. The FAs only offered water or orange juice as a PDB, FWIW.
Unless something has changed in the last two months, the answer is no. They do serve the pre-packaged snack mix though.
Old May 26, 2013, 7:09 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat;UA Gold;DL Gold;Hyatt Diamond;Hilton Diamond;Marriott Gold;Hertz PC;Natl ExecElite
05.25.2013, DFW-DCA, Snack

05.25.2013, DFW-DCA (737, new seats, sky interior!), 3:40p departure, snack

PDB - OJ or water

Hot towel, hot nuts, nuts refill

2 entrees: open faced turkey sandwich or lemon-thyme chicken on arugula salad

Had the sandwich. OK--bread a little soggy. Tomato on top of each slice tasted really fresh, though.

Warm cookie -- chocolate chip or "red, white, and blue."

Good service.
Old May 26, 2013, 2:27 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, former AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Uber Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by dat4life
AA 1784
DFW-SFO
5:00PM - 10:40PM
Dinner
May 20, 2013

Italian Chicken
Served with sweet potatoes and snap peas
Did you see how this looked (or has anyone had it)?

Have the option on upcoming SFO-ORD dinner flight and not sure whether to go for it or stay safe with the shells.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.