Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2013, 7:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by surryson
Flew my first AA Domestic F last night. LAX-SFO. No PDB. Inflight I was served a packet of savoury mix and 1 beverage.

I'm on the LAX-MIA 777 next week in F. Entree choices on aa.com are Turkey Sandwich or Chilled Prawns with salad. Is the that really what AA serve on a 5hr flight in F??
I flew SFO-MIA yesterday on 2008, a lunch flight. This was the menu we had as well. The turkey sandwich was ALOT of bread (think texas toast), and the flavors were just weird. It was all kinds of Thanksgiving ingredients in a sandwich. Was definitely not my favorite meal, but the crew were good.
Old May 5, 2013, 10:12 am
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
I am flying this route at the end of May and according to the meal reservation page the turkey sandwich comes with a pumpkin bisque and crudites. Were you offered the soup and was it good? I was debating whether to get this or the chilled Mediterranean shrimps. The sandwich sounds heartier.
Old May 5, 2013, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by dat4life
Sadly, yes. Although transcon dinners are quite good, transcon lunch flights are pretty bad.
Bad? The only difference between lunch and dinner is that lunch flights do not offer an appetizer (i.e. 2 pieces of shrimp). Entree choices have been recently enhanced to include at least a hot main. As aw pointed out below, the sandwich comes with a pumpkin bisque and crudité. In addition , three cabin F also offers an entree size salad with chipotle chicken topping as well as ice cream sundae or fruit and cheese plate to finish. I would not equate 2 missing pieces of shrimp to "bad"

Originally Posted by aw
I am flying this route at the end of May and according to the meal reservation page the turkey sandwich comes with a pumpkin bisque and crudites. Were you offered the soup and was it good? I was debating whether to get this or the chilled Mediterranean shrimps. The sandwich sounds heartier.
Old May 5, 2013, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
Bad? The only difference between lunch and dinner is that lunch flights do not offer an appetizer (i.e. 2 pieces of shrimp). Entree choices have been recently enhanced to include at least a hot main. As aw pointed out below, the sandwich comes with a pumpkin bisque and crudité. In addition , three cabin F also offers an entree size salad with chipotle chicken topping as well as ice cream sundae or fruit and cheese plate to finish. I would not equate 2 missing pieces of shrimp to "bad"
Bad is relative term. On the whole three class F lunch is filling, and the pumpkin bisque is good. But I think the turkey sandwich is pretty weak for 3 class F. I'd rather have a mid-con lunch options (petite filet or Moroccan Chicken) than the turkey sandwich.

IMHO, the difference between dinner and lunch is quite marked. Example. This is more of a case of personal preference and YMMV

I did not realize they were enhancing the transcon lunch options. I guess I'll see it for myself in a couple of months.
Old May 5, 2013, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
AA 2244 DFW-EWR
Scheduled departure 11:25
Actual pushback @ 11:45 due to late arriving aircraft & a rousing game of musical gates (3 gate changes in an hour).

PDB
Hot towels
Warm Nuts
Choice of:

Lemon Grass Salmon Salad With fresh greens, pineapple, mango, jícama, radish and Asian sesame dressing
or
Cornmeal Crusted Chicken
Served with roasted sweet potatoes and corn maque choux

Bread basket

Choice of Chocolate Chip or Red/White/Blue cookie

No mints

Pre-order acknowledged while taking drink orders ^
Old May 5, 2013, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA EX PLT, AS MVPG, AR PLT,SPG GOLD
I had the same lunch option as Txrus from DFW-BOS flight 2410 this afternoon took off 12:08pm but no PDB. Chose the salmon.
Old May 5, 2013, 9:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
How was it?
Old May 8, 2013, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by aw
Hmmm, the crudites were on the plate but we didn't get any soup with it. This was a 763 First flight.
Old May 8, 2013, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LAX-RDU
First Class
737-800

Breakfast Skillet or Cereal

Midflight fruit and cheese plate

Pre-arrival cookie and milk

Old May 8, 2013, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

RDU-LAX
Dinner
737-800

Same as the other transcon meals posted above

Old May 8, 2013, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dat4life
IMHO, the difference between dinner and lunch is quite marked. Example. This is more of a case of personal preference and YMMV
Again, I'm not sure how it's "marked" as the pictures you posted represent a typical transcon dinner flight. A transcon lunch flight would include the exactly same meal minus the 2 shrimps.

I fly the LAX-MIA route in 3 cabin F regularly and this is what I had for lunch most recently:

I also fly LAX-JFK 3 cabin F on a regular basis and this is the most recent meal I was served on a dinner flight:

As you can see, the only difference between lunch and dinner is the missing appetizer (2 shrimps, or in this case, 2 slices of beef). Everything else is identical. Again, I fail to see how that is "bad" or "marked"
Old May 8, 2013, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
BlissWorld my "bad" reference was strictly directed toward the turkey sandwich referred to in Post 388. Which is what I got stuck with my last transcon lunch flight in early 2012. For a premium cabin, I personally think that's pretty weak.

That said, the pictures from the recent lunch flight you just posted look very good, and certainly much better than that turkey sandwich. And I assume that's due to the enhancements you referenced in your orginal responce. I've only taken 3 other transcons since that flight in early 2012 (DFW based). All of them were dinner flights, which I did enjoy. So I will defer to you as you have far greater exprience on these routes than I do.
Old May 9, 2013, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
RDU-LAX
Dinner
737-800

Same as the other transcon meals posted above

I'm slated to take this route next month, I signed up for the double mile promotion too. Looks like I'll be feed very well on my trips...
Old May 10, 2013, 7:18 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
5/9/13 AA #1739
Scheduled 9:20
Finally in the air thanks to rain & wind 10:10

PDB

Hot towels

Choice of:

Steel-cut oatmeal garnished with fresh berries and brown sugar
or
Spinach and roasted pepper strata served with herbed potatoes and fire-roasted sausage

Mints prior to landing

Pre-order not acknowledged even when I brought it up while FA was taking breakfast orders prior to take off
Old May 10, 2013, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat;UA Gold;DL Gold;Hyatt Diamond;Hilton Diamond;Marriott Gold;Hertz PC;Natl ExecElite
04.27.13, DCA-LAX, Dinner

04.27.13, DCA-LAX (737, new seats), 4:59p departure, Dinner

DINNER SERVICE

Starter
Mojito shrimp with somen noodles

Salad
Seasonal greens with fresh vegetables offered with chile cucumber salad

Classic Caesar dressing
or
Premium extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Assorted gourmet breads

Entrees

Panko Crusted Chicken
Served with lemon thyme sauce, roasted rosemary baby potatoes and vegetables

Cheese Ravioli
Complemented by tomato cream sauce

Dessert

Traditional Ice Cream Sundae
Vanilla ice cream your choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and pecans

Assorted Cheese Plate
An assortment of fine cheeses with garnishes

LIGHT REFRESHMENT

Fresh Seasonal Fruit

Cookies
Freshly baked on board

WINES AND BEVERAGES

Sparkling Wine
Gloria Ferrer Sonoma Carneros Brut
Pear and floral notes backed by toasty almond, with lively citrus on the palate and a soft finish

White Wine
Turi Sauvignon Blanc
Hints of citrus and tropical fruit with crisp acidity and tropical flavors

Terlato Pinot Grigio
Fruit and hints of melon and passion fruit with a dense mid-palate and a crisp, lingering finish

Red Wine
Pacific Heights Cabernet Sauvignon
Medium-bodied with juicy cherry flavors and toasty oak character

Jason-Stephens Estate Syrah
The palate is full of cola, blueberry, hints of espresso and cocoa dust

(Followed on menu by typical selection of spirits, whiskeys, beers, brandy and liqueurs, and soft drinks)

==

Appetizer lacked flavor and was difficult to eat--noodles glommed together.

Salad was very good.

I had the panko crusted chicken and enjoyed it.

SUPERB service...just absolutely excellent FAs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.