Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2013, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
DFW-YUL
AA 802
737-800
3:10P-7:40P
March 12, 2013
Dinner?

Choice of Grilled Beef salad or Moroccan Chicken, salad with balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
The chicken was really good... moist, great flavors.
Better than my LHR-LAX BA First meal a few weeks ago.
Chocolate chip or chocolate mac nut cookies.

Old Mar 14, 2013, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
AA245 DCA-LAX First February 2013

Dinner

Starter

Prosciutto with parmesan cheese and cantaloupe pursee

Salad

Seasonal greens and fresh vegetables

Sour cream and herb dressing
or
Premium extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Mozzarella, cherry tomato and fresh basil salad

Assorted gourmet breads

Entrees

Chateaubriand
Enhanced by shallot and caper demi-glace, mashed potatoes, carrots, squash and red onion
an American Classics item

Four Cheese Ravioli
Complemented by wild mushroom cream sauce

Dessert

Ben & Jerry's Traditional Ice Cream Sundae
Vanilla ice cream with your choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and pecans

Gourmet Cheese Plate
An assortment of fine cheeses with garnishes

Light Refeshment

Fresh Seasonal Fruit

Cookies
Freshly baked on board

Wine List

Sparkling Wine
Zeta Cava Brut

White Wine
Castle Rock Sauvignon Blanc
Terlato Pinot Grigio

Red Wine
Finca La Celia La Consulta Roble Malbec
Pacific Heights Cabernet Sauvignon

2cls, First, Dinner-Snack

So I'm on this same flight in April, but it seems like the menu is more like a mid con flight than a transcon (at least according to the pre order entree options... which are showing as lemon thyme chicken or cheese ravioli)?

Apparently in April the 757 that usually operates this flight is swapped out for a 737. Would that have any impact on whether they end up serving a full dinner service (i.e cookies baked on board and a sundae)?
Old Mar 14, 2013, 5:13 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by AspiringTraveler
So I'm on this same flight in April, but it seems like the menu is more like a mid con flight than a transcon (at least according to the pre order entree options... which are showing as lemon thyme chicken or cheese ravioli)?

Apparently in April the 757 that usually operates this flight is swapped out for a 737. Would that have any impact on whether they end up serving a full dinner service (i.e cookies baked on board and a sundae)?
Those are dinner options.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by sts603
Those are dinner options.
Right... I was just wondering if the dinner options are any different for a 757 vs. a 737 since I noticed that the entrees are now different since FlyerBeek took the same flight in February.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 12:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by AspiringTraveler
Right... I was just wondering if the dinner options are any different for a 757 vs. a 737 since I noticed that the entrees are now different since FlyerBeek took the same flight in February.
No just the standard rotation. At least the shrimp/shrimp days seem to be firmly in the past now.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA PLT (2MM-- thank you FT!), UAL, DL, AF, BA
breakfast on LAX/OGG?

hello:

flying in F, LAX to OGG in the summer (on a 763). Trying to figure out if FEBO matters for this flight. Does anyone know the breakfast offerings? Flight leaves just before 9a, AA 253.

Thanks.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by Keith Flyer Maven
hello:

flying in F, LAX to OGG in the summer (on a 763). Trying to figure out if FEBO matters for this flight. Does anyone know the breakfast offerings? Flight leaves just before 9a, AA 253.

Thanks.
It will be either an egg dish (like the Portuguese quiche below) or french toast as the hot dish. Both will usually come with some sort of tropical garnish like grilled pineapple or papaya relish. The other option is either cereal or oatmeal.

They come with a plate of tropical fruit, sweet butter, an orchid, and either fruit cake or biscuit

Prior to landing, you will receive warm tropical nut mix:

as well as macadamia nut cookies

Old Mar 14, 2013, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA PLT (2MM-- thank you FT!), UAL, DL, AF, BA
Wow, what a comprehensive and well-documented response! Thank you very much, I really appreciate it....
Old Mar 15, 2013, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
PIT-DFW
AA 1503
MD-80
1:35P-3:30P
March 15, 2013
Lunch

Pathetic, tired and lazy senior crew today, seemingly running out the clock. No PDB. Warm ramekin of nuts served about 10 minutes after the 1st round of drinks. No 2nd round. Lunch distributed without any offer of a refill. Had to ask for a 2nd drink. Choice of salmon salad or "chicken roll". Threw the FA off when I asked for the chicken wrap. On the other hand, curried chicken wrap was very tasty as were the white chocolate chip cookies.

Pre-landing mints but our FA was too lazy to put them on a tray. Just hauled out the bag and let pax dig in. Sorry for the poor pic. Had to move quickly to memorialize this moment in AA service history.

DFW-DEN
AA 1505
MD-80
5:10P-6:20P
March 15, 2013
Dinner

What a contrast to the service dregs on PIT-DFW. Outstanding crew starting with PDB, nuts with drink orders, multiple pre-dinner drinks, continuous well paced service... all on a short 1:40 flight. Choice of stuff pasta shells or grilled chicken with red pepper sauce. Caesar and excellent caramel cheesecake.

Old Mar 16, 2013, 12:20 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, CX Green, GHA PLT
AA133 JFK-LAX Business March 2013

Dinner

Starter

Cajun-style chicken breast served on corn salad

Salad

Seasonal greens and fresh vegetables

Pepper cream dressing
or
Premium extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Artichoke, wild mushroom and pea salad

Assorted gourmet breads

Entrees

Grilled Beef Fillet
Served over truffles wild mushroom ragout with Merlot sauce, roasted potato wedges and baby squash

Florentine Lasagna Roll
With tomato sauce and mozzarella

Dessert

Ben & Jerry's Traditional Ice Cream Sundae
Vanilla ice cream with your choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and pecans

Gourmet Cheese Plate
An assortment of fine cheeses with garnishes

Light Refeshment

Fresh Seasonal Fruit

Cookies
Freshly baked on board

Wine List

Sparkling Wine
Gloria Ferrer Sonoma Carneros Brut

White Wine
Castle Rock Sauvignon Blanc
Terlato Pinot Grigio

Red Wine
Finca La Celia La Consulta Roble Malbec
Jason-Stephens Estate Syrah

3cls, Business, Dinner-Snack

(fantastic steak - perfectly cooked and one of the best I've had on any flight)

May I know this menu will almost the same as JFK-SFO Business class please, because I will take AA177 later, Thanks in advance !
Old Mar 16, 2013, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by ELMOBOY
May I know this menu will almost the same as JFK-SFO Business class please, because I will take AA177 later, Thanks in advance !
Yes, it will be identical for all westbound trancon dinners (in 3-class J or 2-class F) for the month of March.

-FlyerBeek
Old Mar 16, 2013, 8:39 pm

Programs: W/P1.9MM & Charter+ DL Diamond 2.15MM, AA EXP 1.95MM, AS MVP .6MM, O/P .9MM, A/C & S/C
Mini trip report

Originally Posted by SFO777
PIT-DFW
AA 1503
MD-80
1:35P-3:30P
March 15, 2013
Lunch

Pathetic, tired and lazy senior crew today, seemingly running out the clock. No PDB. Warm ramekin of nuts served about 10 minutes after the 1st round of drinks. No 2nd round. Lunch distributed without any offer of a refill. Had to ask for a 2nd drink. Choice of salmon salad or "chicken roll". Threw the FA off when I asked for the chicken wrap. On the other hand, curried chicken wrap was very tasty as were the white chocolate chip cookies.

Pre-landing mints but our FA was too lazy to put them on a tray. Just hauled out the bag and let pax dig in. Sorry for the poor pic. Had to move quickly to memorialize this moment in AA service history.

DFW-DEN
AA 1505
MD-80
5:10P-6:20P
March 15, 2013
Dinner

What a contrast to the service dregs on PIT-DFW. Outstanding crew starting with PDB, nuts with drink orders, multiple pre-dinner drinks, continuous well paced service... all on a short 1:40 flight. Choice of stuff pasta shells or grilled chicken with red pepper sauce. Caesar and excellent caramel cheesecake.

SNA-ORD
#1076F (4A)
738 w/ Sky Interior and MCE
1130-1710
15 Mar 13
No PDB

FA took drink orders, brought drinks w/ ramekin of warmed nuts.

FEBO followed and FA acknowledged my correct pre-order of the Shrimp w grits & succotash ^

Meal consisted of salad w/ balsamic vinegar dressing, choice of breads, entree had 3 large cajun spiced shrimp, cake of moist grits, corn & baby lima bean succotash, and small ramekin of a white sauce.

Sorry no photos, but I thought meal was very good

FA's were very attentive and made several passes thru cabin for drinks etc.

Later had choice of warm cookies, choc w/white chips or red, white and blue^

Over all nice flight, I especially liked the Sky Interior

ORD-DEN
#1017F (4F)
MD-80
2025-2205 about due to late arrival from LGA and weather
15 Mar 13

No PDB

FA took drink orders, brought drinks and ramekin of lukewarm nuts.

Followed FEBO, but when I told her I had "pre-ordered" the chicken, she was lost at sea Said she had no "special meal" on request, but she did have one more "regular chicken meal." I said fine

The meal was the same as SFO777 shows in his photos, except the potatoes were under cooked. The chicken was moist and tasty with the pepper sauce^ The cheesecake was very good

Overall not a bad flight home.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
AA 1395 PHL-DFW
Scheduled departure 8:45 am
Finally in the air @ 10am thanks to a return to the gate to off load a sick pax &, of course, re-fueling.

No PDB, even after the return to the gate while waiting for the fuel truck.

Breakfast choices, direct from the AA website where I pre-ordered were:

Cereal with milk and fresh fruit
or
Soy Bacon Quiche Lorraine with asparagus and herb-crusted tomato.

Mints before landing

FA said there was nothing on her sheet about pre-orders
Old Mar 16, 2013, 11:31 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, CX Green, GHA PLT
Yes, it will be identical for all westbound trancon dinners (in 3-class J or 2-class F) for the month of March.

-FlyerBeek
OIC, Thanks very much !
Old Mar 17, 2013, 6:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
3/13 AA 253 LAX-OGG 9am Departure

PDB
Drinks/Nuts (Sparkling Wine Available)
Salad Starter with choice of Vinaigrette or "Spicy Asian" - salad not that great although it did have a couple of pieces of asparagus

Choice of:
Steak/Mashed Potatoes with Mushroom Sauce on the side (I found this selection to be quite good)
or
Cheese Ravioli

Choice of:
Ice cream Sundae - Hot fudge, Strawberry, and Coffee sauces available along with nuts and whipped cream
or
Cheese Plate

AA Mints on plate

FEBO was followed, most people ordered steak. Cheese plate ran out after row 4 (desert served on the trolley front to back).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.