Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Convert your hotel points into AAdvantage miles - Earn 25% bonus miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2014, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Can't find any posts on this

Not the best values generally speaking but can help if you are short on miles and need an award soon. Note that SPG is excluded.

http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetai...&_locale=en_US

W
e are excited to offer you a unique opportunity to earn more miles toward your next trip.

Simply convert your hotel points to AAdvantage® miles and earn a 25% bonus on the amount of AAdvantage miles you receive from the conversion.

Converting your hotel points into 20,000 AAdvantage miles will earn you 5,000 bonus miles from American Airlines and enough miles for a domestic round-trip MileSAAver® award (taxes and fees of up to $10 apply)

Participating Hotels*

Best Western International
5,000 Best Western Rewards® points = 1,000 AAdvantage miles
Convert Now »

Choice Hotels®
5,000 Choice Privileges® points = 1,000 AAdvantage miles
Convert Now »

Hilton Worldwide portfolio of brands
10,000 Hilton HHonorsTM points = 1,500 AAdvantage miles
Convert Now »

InterContinental Hotels Group
10,000 IHG® Rewards Club points = 2,000 AAdvantage miles
Convert Now »

Marriott®
10,000 Marriott Reward points = 2,000 AAdvantage miles
20,000 Marriott Reward points = 5,000 AAdvantage miles
30,000 Marriott Reward points = 10,000 AAdvantage miles
70,000 Marriott Reward points = 25,000 AAdvantage miles
140,000 Marriott Reward points = 50,000 AAdvantage miles
Convert Now »

Carlson Rezidor Hotels
2,000 Club Carlson Gold Points = 200 AAdvantage miles
10,000 Club Carlson Gold Points = 1,000 AAdvantage miles
50,000 Club Carlson Gold Points = 5,000 AAdvantage miles
100,000 Club Carlson Gold Points = 10,000 AAdvantage miles
Convert Now »

Wyndham Hotel Group
6,000 Wyndham Rewards® points = 1,200 AAdvantage miles
16,000 Wyndham Rewards points = 3,200 AAdvantage miles
30,000 Wyndham Rewards points = 6,000 AAdvantage miles
Convert Now »

*Point conversions from Starwood Preferred Guest®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, Melia Hotels International & Resorts, La Quinta Inns & Suites® and Langham Hospitality Group OUIDA program are not eligible for the 25% bonus offer.

AAdvantage Bonus Mile Offer Terms and Conditions
To qualify for this AAdvantage bonus mile offer, member must initiate the AAdvantage mileage conversions with participating eligible AAdvantage program hotel participants between 12:00 a.m. CT February 19, 2014, and 11:59 p.m. CT March 31, 2014 (the “Promotion Period”), and be in good standing in the AAdvantage program. Members can convert multiple times with multiple hotel participants.

To earn the 25% conversion bonus, member must convert points from participating eligible AAdvantage program hotel participants. Conversions for hotel and air packages from eligible AAdvantage hotel participants are excluded from this offer. This offer is non-transferable and non-reversible.

Bonus miles will be posted by American Airlines to the qualifying AAdvantage member's account within seven business days after the initial conversion activity has been posted by the participating eligible hotel program participant. Bonus miles earned in this promotion do not count toward elite status qualification.

AAdvantage and MileSAAver are marks of American Airlines, Inc.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 8:32 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Too bad . SPG and Marriott travel packages seem to be excluded.

Last edited by gv111; Feb 22, 2014 at 8:56 am
Old Feb 25, 2014, 2:38 am
alc

It is not listed in T&C but when I read this paragraph, is that mean I need to convert enough to get 20K AA before I get the bonus?

Converting your hotel points into 20,000 AAdvantage miles will earn you 5,000 bonus miles from American Airlines and enough miles for a domestic round-trip MileSAAver® award (taxes and fees of up to $10 apply)
Old Mar 5, 2014, 5:39 pm

Convert hotel points to AA miles earn 25% more

I just saw this promotion today: when you convert your hotel points to AA miles, you'll earn 25% more miles. Complete details here: http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetai...&_locale=en_US

Promotion ends March 31st, 2014.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I note that conversions from Starwood are not eligible for this 25% bonus, which would have been on top of the bonus already offered on all Starpoint conversions to AA. That would have been really sweet!!
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The point of promotions is to encourage behavior that might not have occurred without the promotion.

Enough people are already transferring SPG to AA, they don't feel the need to promote that.

In AA's eyes, not enough people are transferring from those other hotel programs to AA, and that's why they're promoting it only at those other hotel programs.

(Though why La Quinta is excluded, that I'm not sure about. Maybe the hotel programs have to pay part of the extra 25%, and some hotel programs balked?)
Old Mar 6, 2014, 6:26 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by MissVacation
I just saw this promotion today: when you convert your hotel points to AA miles, you'll earn 25% more miles. Complete details here: http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetai...&_locale=en_US

Promotion ends March 31st, 2014.
As AAdvantage is still operating as a distinct programme, this question is being moved over to the relevant thread in the pre-merger American Airlines forum.

Please note the sticky at the top of the consolidated thread which is titled Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING. With all of the changes about, it is important to know where to post, and reading that thread before posting (as the title suggests ) will help get you in the right place.

~Moderator
Old Mar 6, 2014, 6:35 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Disappointing backwards promotion. I would be much happier if they would return the option to convert from AA miles to hotel points - Hilton in particular. That is the best use of miles for us, and I was sad to see it go.

Cheers.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
SPG seems to be getting excluded these days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.