Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business/First class milesaver AA award to BGI

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2012, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Business/First class milesaver AA award to BGI

We would like to use our AA points to fly business/1st class to Barbados next June 2013 from MCI, however there are none showing available for 30K business milesaver award. in fact, there are none available past October of 2012. this seems to be the case for most islands in Carribean. Does anyone know - do they release the business/first class milesaver seats when it gets closer to date - perhaps 90 days out?
Old Jul 17, 2012, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Caribbean is tough for MileSAAver U awards. Have you looked into just buying an I class ticket? Can be a pretty good deal to BGI, depending on the time of year.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 9:34 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The higher the season, the higher the demand, the less likely one will find MileSAAver awards - and they tend to be snatched up very quickly when they become available. But as ESpen36 says, the I fares can be quite decent to BGI - we once snagged an excellent fare SFO-JFK-BGI return in I, though it had a $400 change fee, iirc.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 10:14 am
Original Poster

This is for next summer so the demand should be low. a couple of months ago i looked at the fares for this summer and there were several 30K award days available so i thought next june would show the same thing but i am not seeing that. that is why i was wondering if they open them up later as it gets closer to that date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.