Wiki Posts
Search

Incomplete Name on Int'l Itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2013, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, AA Plt, MR Lifetime Plat & Amb
Incomplete Name on Int'l Itinerary

Anyone have any experience with an incomplete name on an award ticket?
AA award with middle and last name, no first name. Passport has the first / middle and last names.

The routing contains a BA segment (the last segment) so AA isn't able to complete the name without canceling and the rebooking the award.

I called and the Plat agent said it would only be a hang up at security. If that's true I think we can deal with it. We may do a no show for the final BA segment but haven't found anything better just yet.

Thanks, Dudemon
Old Jan 9, 2013, 7:40 am

Programs: AA EXP
I've had a similar thing happen with a ticket booked through a TA. They, for some reason, cram my first and middle name into the first name field on the ticket. This just prevents you from checking in online. When I got to the airport the agent was able to fix it manually in the system and check me in. This did not seem to affect seat selection on the BA leg, as I could log in (using the BA PNR) with the incorrect name and choose seats without issue (for some reason this did not mess up the linking with my OW status).

In your case, I'm not sure how easy it will be as you are missing part of your name. How did this happen? If it was a TA screwup, I would recommend pushing them to cancel and rebook the ticket and eat the cost as they are the ones who messed it up.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 8:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz PC, AMEX PLT
My corporate travel agent mangles this all the time. Like the poster above, I tend to get my middle initial combined with other parts of my name. I also get "MR" added. Most of my business travel is international, so it always makes me nervous. I have not had an issue yet. As always, YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.